Louis Riddick on NFL Live said the AFC was top heavy

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

As much as I hate to say it... I think the Bills lose a heart breaker to the Browns in the playoffs this year.

But stay with me. This is what they need to propel them to their Super Bowl runs over the next 5-6 years.

Just like when the Bills lost the AFC Champ to Cincy, then bowed out of the playoffs early the next year to Cleveland thanks to Ronnie Harmon. Then straight dominated for the next handful of years. History repeating.

KC, Buffalo, and Cleveland at the top of the AFC is so 1990, and I love it.

I’ll take that bet. I think the Browns are going to be closer to missing the playoffs than beating the Bills.

57 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Is Derrick Henry throwing the ball?

I don’t think Tanny is a world beater but he’s good enough, has a very accurate deep ball, and does have mobility that needs respected. If the big 3 are healthy that’s a lot for a defense to account for - you can’t stack the box , they have two #1 WRs

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

And Dan Orlovsky agreed. They both had the top 4 the same:

Chiefs

Bills

Browns

Ravens

and then said the AFC Champ will come from one of those 4 and everyone else is just chasing. I always got the impression that the media saw it as Chiefs #1 and everyone else was chasing. Glad to see I am wrong.

But I've read on this board that the Bills are "not in the same tier" as the Chiefs...these idiot national guys must have it wrong.

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think Tanny is a world beater but he’s good enough, has a very accurate deep ball, and does have mobility that needs respected. If the big 3 are healthy that’s a lot for a defense to account for - you can’t stack the box , they have two #1 WRs

The AFCS should be a good battle between them and the Colts. 

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

As much as I hate to say it... I think the Bills lose a heart breaker to the Browns in the playoffs this year.

But stay with me. This is what they need to propel them to their Super Bowl runs over the next 5-6 years.

Just like when the Bills lost the AFC Champ to Cincy, then bowed out of the playoffs early the next year to Cleveland thanks to Ronnie Harmon. Then straight dominated for the next handful of years. History repeating.

Not buying what you're selling. Baker Mayfield isn't going to beat Josh Allen when it really matters.  The Houston playoff loss was our "Ronnie Harmon" game that fortified the team. 

I'm calling it right now -- Bills will have a top 5 offense AND top 5 defense this season.  I am stoked to see this new D line in action.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, BubbaT said:

They should have stuck Indy in there somewhere too. I like their team and expect Wentz to enjoy Frank Reich's coaching and the Indy weapons and O line a LOT more than he did Philly's

I am having a hard time understanding why so many people are predicting that Wentz will be good. It all seems to be based on playing again for a coach he likes? He was literally the worst starter in football last season, and that's a pretty weak argument for why he'll be better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Not buying what you're selling. Baker Mayfield isn't going to beat Josh Allen when it really matters.  The Houston playoff loss was our "Ronnie Harmon" game that fortified the team. 

I'm calling it right now -- Bills will have a top 5 offense AND top 5 defense this season.  I am stoked to see this new D line in action.

I mean, Im not really buying it either. Just kicking ideas around. And I like that idea of the bolded. I hope so.

Cheers to Top 5 on both sides!

2 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

I am having a hard time understanding why so many people are predicting that Wentz will be good. It all seems to be based on playing again for a coach he likes? He was literally the worst starter in football last season, and that's a pretty weak argument for why he'll be better.

One answer and one answer only -- lots of respect for Frank Reich.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tannehill is up there with Derek Carr as one of the most underrated QBs in the league. The offense will be really good, but people are ignoring that they lost Corey Davis in the process. Is Julio Jones so much better than Davis that it vaults the Titans into Superbowl contention? I don't think so.

That's not even mentioning the fact that their defense is poop. I'm glad these guys left out the Titans. They are becoming annoying.

1 minute ago, eball said:

One answer and one answer only -- lots of respect for Frank Reich.

Like I said, unless he's some kind of actual wizard, a coach can only do so much. You don't throw like 50 interceptions by accident.

1 minute ago, Boxcar said:

Like I said, unless he's some kind of actual wizard, a coach can only do so much. You don't throw like 50 interceptions by accident.

Didn't say I agree; just that Reich is the reason why "people" think Wentz will be reborn.

5 minutes ago, eball said:

the bills are going to be good ... they have a good scheme on D but had a down year last year compared to the previous 2.   

the problem i see with Buf is they aren't balanced . If they run into a team that can rush the passer and cover well well they need just an average running game to take some of the pressure off of allen.

Just now, snowbelt_subie said:

the bills are going to be good ... they have a good scheme on D but had a down year last year compared to the previous 2.   

the problem i see with Buf is they aren't balanced . If they run into a team that can rush the passer and cover well well they need just an average running game to take some of the pressure off of allen.

That "problem" occurred exactly once last season, and "oh by the way" all of their receivers were injured as well as their 1B running back.  I'm not worried.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I could see that if our 2021 defense is = to 2020s D, but I think our D will be improved.  I feel the same about our run game, even if only slightly better.  Hollister will prove to be a solid addition to our pass game.  Josh is only getting better.  The game will be in Buffalo.  W for the good guys

• Like (+1) 1

I am not sure it is that simple.

The Chiefs are on top till someone actually knocks them off the hill, but after that I think there is plenty of parity in the AFC. A bit early to tag any of the others nipping at their heels as dynastic teams.

Herbert looks good for the Chargers so they seem blessed in regards to their franchise QB transition efforts unlike the Bills who were on the spin cycle for decades trying to find their next "Kelly".

In our own division I think NE and Miami will give us some fight, but I do think that they are playing catch-up. The Browns and the Ravens are both contenders in their division, but I do not see a Steeler's revival anytime soon. Colts and Titans are both solid well-coached teams. So plenty of wiggle-room in most of the divisions for upsets.

9 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Rivers is probably a HOF QB, but he was playing his last NFL game because he was was shot.  He had no arm strength or ability to throw deep. And we won by 3.  I literally joked in the 2nd quarter “Oh my god, we’re going to lose this game on a 35 yard Rivers Hail Mary.”  Needless to say I heard about that for the whole second half.  (I’m not supposed to speak during games now as that was not an isolated incident.)

But I said 35 yards because of how weak Rivers’ arm had gotten.  On the final play he let go a Hail Mary, but the LOS was on about the 47 and he couldn’t make it to the end zone.  That game might’ve been very different if Indy had fielded a decent, fully functional QB that day.  They deserve to be in the conversation this season - with an asterisk on QB. 

The issue with Wentz is that he is trash under pressure - and that he often brings it on himself by holding the ball too long.  idk if Reich can fix that or not.  Indy is an otherwise quality team. 

That single play takes (most of) the sting out of the Cardinals game. If you think it hurt us, how badly must our DB’s have wanted a “do over” on a Hail Mary? That was beautifully and decisively played……but that game was WAY too close! The Colts have a lot of good parts, and I think Reich and their FO will continue to improve the team……IF they have a quality QB. That is a major unknown. 

Trying to rank the top teams is a little like trying to determine how difficult your schedule is when it comes out. Past performance is not a guarantee for future success.  There are ALWAYS teams that do better or worse than expected, and that is why we play the games. It’s just so sweet to be relevant and solidly in the discussion. 

22 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Idk man. Did you watch the Chiefs v. Browns playoff game? They almost had them and sent Mahomes on a trajectory that essentially handed the Bucs the Super Bowl IMO. They worry me more than the Ravens. Lamar is trash, Baker is good more often than bad, and their RB and WR core are really scary.

Not really he was already injured and went out early in the 3rd with already 19 points scored.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

That single play takes (most of) the sting out of the Cardinals game. If you think it hurt us, how badly must our DB’s have wanted a “do over” on a Hail Mary? That was beautifully and decisively played……but that game was WAY too close! The Colts have a lot of good parts, and I think Reich and their FO will continue to improve the team……IF they have a quality QB. That is a major unknown. 

Trying to rank the top teams is a little like trying to determine how difficult your schedule is when it comes out. Past performance is not a guarantee for future success.  There are ALWAYS teams that do better or worse than expected, and that is why we play the games. It’s just so sweet to be relevant and solidly in the discussion. 

I mostly showed the play to A) illustrate how weak Rivers’ arm was at the time and B) remind people how close Indy hung in that game. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Idk man. Did you watch the Chiefs v. Browns playoff game? They almost had them and sent Mahomes on a trajectory that essentially handed the Bucs the Super Bowl IMO. They worry me more than the Ravens. Lamar is trash, Baker is good more often than bad, and their RB and WR core are really scary.

The biggest improvement for the BRowns is on defense....and they have the pass rush to bring Mahomes down,

It is going to be a dog fight in the AFC...

Chiefs, Bills, Browns,  Titans 

Ravens, Dolphins, Chargers, Colts, Patriots

Broncos,  Steelers, Raiders, Bengals

Jets, Jacksonville, Texans, 

If Rodgers goes to Denver, then they jump to the top of the list.  The same for Raiders if they get Watson,

10 hours ago, Utah John said:

Tennessee will struggle this year due to the loss of their OC and TE.  JJ is an upgrade over the WR2 they lost but not enough to overcome the losses.  Their O line is not good.  And their D is just average at best.

Anthony Firkser is legit!  There's a reason the Titans felt comfortable letting Jonnu Smith walk.

The Bills struggle with physical teams and the Titans are a big, physical team - even more so now with Julio.  No one wants to admit it, but they're just a bad style match-up for the Bills.

• Haha (+1) 1