Louis Riddick on NFL Live said the AFC was top heavy

20 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

There are two things that make it tough for the Bills in regards to Home field.  One, that they cut it down to only 1 team gets the bye.  That's already hurt once.  And second is KC, they're tough.  And the Bills have to play them in KC. 

One thing going for the Bills, to me, the AFC East looks like a cake walk, especially when one looks at the QBs.  The Bills swept the division last year and 2 out of the 3 (NY +Miami) have downgraded their QBs (Fitz/Darnold > Tua/Zach).  And NE's QB not only stunk last year but looked to be on the decline and they picked up a mediocre QB. 

Lmao I never thought I see the day a Bills fan would say Fitz was good and better than a first round QB! Lol

I want talk much about the others but last year the Pats had probably one of the worst (in talent) rosters in the NFL and were in cap hell. They still went 7-9 and have upgraded the front 7 and IF Gilmore stays still has a top end secondary. On O they upgraded the O line and more importantly got depth there, they also added the two best TE available in FA and drafted a top 5 QB.  IMO Jones was the perfect fit outside of Lawrence for the Pats system and style of play.  So while you may think he is mediocre, which he may, a lot of people also thought Allen was a bust in the making. Now you said our QB sucked but you needed a fumble by said QB to seal the win in Buffalo otherwise you lose. 

Point is Pats will be a lot better especially on D, and that the Bills aren’t world beaters yet..

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lmao I never thought I see the day a Bills fan would say Fitz was good and better than a first round QB! Lol

I want talk much about the others but last year the Pats had probably one of the worst (in talent) rosters in the NFL and were in cap hell. They still went 7-9 and have upgraded the front 7 and IF Gilmore stays still has a top end secondary. On O they upgraded the O line and more importantly got depth there, they also added the two best TE available in FA and drafted a top 5 QB.  IMO Jones was the perfect fit outside of Lawrence for the Pats system and style of play.  So while you may think he is mediocre, which he may, a lot of people also thought Allen was a bust in the making. Now you said our QB sucked but you needed a fumble by said QB to seal the win in Buffalo otherwise you lose. 

Point is Pats will be a lot better especially on D, and that the Bills aren’t world beaters yet..

Thing is Fitz is/was better than quite a few 1st round QBs. I'd say he is better than an EJ Manuel, Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell etc. There are quite a few 1st round selected QB's he is better than.

Now if you're talking about the recent 1st round QB,s then obviously it's too early to determine. But it's very logical to say Fitz is better than many of those 1st rd picks that bombed out and whatnot...

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

Thing is Fitz is/was better than quite a few 1st round QBs. I'd say he is better than and EJ Manuel, Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell etc. There are quite a few 1st round selected QB's he is better than.

Now if you're talking about the recent 1st round QB,s then obviously it's too early to determine. But it's very logical to say Fitz is better than many of those 1st rd picks that bombed out and whatnot...

Not hard to be better than that list... It's not a compliment to say it either.

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Not hard to be better than that list... It's not a compliment to say it either.

Lol well yeah obviously. He implied it was laughable to say that Fitz is better than a 1st round QB. That's what I was responding to.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

I disagree. Titans, Chargers, Colts, Dolphins, and maybe even the Pats will all contend for at least a playoff spot.  Each of those teams have serious question marks but also have talent. Now do any have a legit Championshop shot I don't know. But the same would have been said of Buffalo last year so I think it is foolish to say only one of those other top 4 will make it.

I do agree, I think Steelers will be a 6 win team as Ben falls apart. 

14 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Lol well yeah obviously. He implied it was laughable to say that Fitz is better than a 1st round QB. That's what I was responding to.

That wasn’t what I was trying to imply.  I was laughing because I didn’t think I’d ever see the day a Bills fan would say nice things about Fitz period! I remember how he was disposed on this very board back in the day. It was more a laugh of shock than anything else. :) 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Thing is Fitz is/was better than quite a few 1st round QBs. I'd say he is better than an EJ Manuel, Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell etc. There are quite a few 1st round selected QB's he is better than.

I find it weird that people could watch many Fin games last year and think Tua was better than Fitz.  

If Tua hadn’t been a 1st round pick, Fitz would have led Miami into the playoffs (would have beat either Den or the Bills backups).

Tua stinks, Mac is average at best, and Zach is in a real loser situation.  The Bills need to rule this division.

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

That wasn’t what I was trying to imply.  I was laughing because I didn’t think I’d ever see the day a Bills fan would say nice things about Fitz period! I remember how he was disposed on this very board back in the day. It was more a laugh of shock than anything else. :) 

Got ya. I see what you're getting at. You just wrote it differently so I was responding to what you stated. Regarding Fitz though, he was definitely a frustrating QB, however he did have a few moments.