Louis Riddick on NFL Live said the AFC was top heavy

5 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Anthony Firkser is legit!  There's a reason the Titans felt comfortable letting Jonnu Smith walk.

The Bills struggle with physical teams and the Titans are a big, physical team - even more so now with Julio.  No one wants to admit it, but they're just a bad style match-up for the Bills.

No they don't... They lost to the Titans b.c the schedule got screwed up.

10 hours ago, Boxcar said:

I am having a hard time understanding why so many people are predicting that Wentz will be good. It all seems to be based on playing again for a coach he likes? He was literally the worst starter in football last season, and that's a pretty weak argument for why he'll be better.

Completely agree. Statistically the worst Quarterback from a clean pocket. So you need to give me more than "better protection and Frank Reich." Can he be just serviceable enough to get a stacked roster to 9 or 10 wins? Sure. But I suspect more likely at some point they realise he is holding them back and they decide to see what Jacob Eason has.

• Like (+1) 1

I’d add the Titans, who have a ton of talent. Likewise, the Chargers will be a tough out, and the Colts could put it together. 

Bills fans, please don’t jinx it by discounting the extreme difficulty of making the AFC Championship again, let alone winning the Super Bowl. 

Houston and Pittsburgh may be the only teams trending down. 

4 hours ago, TBBills said:

No they don't... They lost to the Titans b.c the schedule got screwed up.

The Bills lost because the Titans kicked the crap out of them. 

20 hours ago, snowbelt_subie said:

man i would hate to see what you thought of the browns D.   Buffalo's D won the game against the ravens that in combination with tucker missing 2 FG's and somehow recovering that josh allen fumble.  i mean the bills had like 200 yds of offense in that game.

Our scheme and D seem to match up incredibly well vs Baltimore.  Don't get me wrong, I think our coaches are best in the business.

I think this team has one of the most ridiculously high ceilings imaginable. I keep saying this team overachieved last year based on the talent level on D, but I mean that in the best and most optimistic way possible. Shore up the defense, and watch this team become unstoppable.

15 hours ago, Boxcar said:

I am having a hard time understanding why so many people are predicting that Wentz will be good. It all seems to be based on playing again for a coach he likes? He was literally the worst starter in football last season, and that's a pretty weak argument for why he'll be better.

i mean look at the previous 3 seasons for wentz last season was bad yes you are right.  So wentz having 1 bad season out of the past 4 makes him terrible now?  its more than likely just a blip rather than his new standard of play. 

i mean old no arm phillip rivers won 11 games with that INDY squad. i think they will be in the playoffs and anything can happen once you are there.

26 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Our scheme and D seem to match up incredibly well vs Baltimore.  Don't get me wrong, I think our coaches are best in the business.

I think this team has one of the most ridiculously high ceilings imaginable. I keep saying this team overachieved last year based on the talent level on D, but I mean that in the best and most optimistic way possible. Shore up the defense, and watch this team become unstoppable.

Coaching matters see 2019 browns vs 2020.

i see stefanski as a mcdermott clone on the offensive side.  Both smart not flashy hardly any emotion just about business and work. 

you shouldnt discount how hard it is to stop the ravens rushing attack heck all the teams in the AFC north have been game planning twice a year to stop them and not one team has played them as well as the bills did in that playoff game.

30 minutes ago, snowbelt_subie said:

i mean look at the previous 3 seasons for wentz last season was bad yes you are right.  So wentz having 1 bad season out of the past 4 makes him terrible now?  its more than likely just a blip rather than his new standard of play. 

i mean old no arm phillip rivers won 11 games with that INDY squad. i think they will be in the playoffs and anything can happen once you are there.

Why would you assume he'd revert back to 2017-2019 rather than continue from 2020? He might not be terrible, but I have no reason to believe that until he proves it. He wasn't injured, and he was awful whether he had a clean pocket or not. It's not "more than likely" a blip. It's more likely he just sucks.

3 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

I’d add the Titans, who have a ton of talent. Likewise, the Chargers will be a tough out, and the Colts could put it together. 

Bills fans, please don’t jinx it by discounting the extreme difficulty of making the AFC Championship again, let alone winning the Super Bowl. 

Houston and Pittsburgh may be the only teams trending down. 

The Bills lost because the Titans kicked the crap out of them. 

Not really Josh was injured and the covid push messed everything up.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/16/2021 at 8:27 PM, buffaloboyinATL said:

And Dan Orlovsky agreed. They both had the top 4 the same:

Chiefs

Bills

Browns

Ravens

and then said the AFC Champ will come from one of those 4 and everyone else is just chasing. I always got the impression that the media saw it as Chiefs #1 and everyone else was chasing. Glad to see I am wrong.

IMO Ravens are way overrated. Browns are well the browns… So that leaves the Chiefs and Bills and the Chiefs are 1 and the Bills 2.  The Dolphins COULD be 3 but I am not sold on Tua, Chargers should have a good O but not sold on their D, Raiders suck, Jets Suck.. Steelers have a damn good D, but a very shaky O.

Bengals are a couple years at least away, Broncos are a mess.

Titans and Colts could be 3 and 4 especially the Titans but their D still very shaky, Colts have to fix their QB.  Jaguars in full rebuild And the Texans are a train wreck.

finally my team, Patriots will have a top D, and a rebuilt O weapons but at best am unproven rookie QB or worse a broken down Cam Newton. 

so point is only Chiefs and Bills are true SB contenders in the AFC. The rest have obvious and possibly big flaws.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boxcar said:

Why would you assume he'd revert back to 2017-2019 rather than continue from 2020? He might not be terrible, but I have no reason to believe that until he proves it. He wasn't injured, and he was awful whether he had a clean pocket or not. It's not "more than likely" a blip. It's more likely he just sucks.

Qb's are the product of the situation around them coaching, players etc.... i would bet its more of a Ryan Tannehill situation for wentz.  he is in a stable franchise they will work on his mechanics use the running game more to take some pressure off of him and once his confidence is back he will be fine. he still has the size arm strength mobility, the only thing was his mechanics got sloppy. Frank Reich is a good coach they will figure him out.

10 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

IMO Ravens are way overrated. Browns are well the browns… So that leaves the Chiefs and Bills and the Chiefs are 1 and the Bills 2.  The Dolphins COULD be 3 but I am not sold on Tua, Chargers should have a good O but not sold on their D, Raiders suck, Jets Suck.. Steelers have a damn good D, but a very shaky O.

Bengals are a couple years at least away, Broncos are a mess.

Titans and Colts could be 3 and 4 especially the Titans but their D still very shaky, Colts have to fix their QB.  Jaguars in full rebuild And the Texans are a train wreck.

finally my team, Patriots will have a top D, and a rebuilt O weapons but at best am unproven rookie QB or worse a broken down Cam Newton. 

so point is only Chiefs and Bills are true SB contenders in the AFC. The rest have obvious and possibly big flaws.

Did you really just dismiss the Browns Juju style? That's so silly. I think they are being overrated, but they are still the best team in the AFC North and definitely not a joke.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Did you really just dismiss the Browns Juju style? That's so silly. I think they are being overrated, but they are still the best team in the AFC North and definitely not a joke.

I am not sold on Baker Mayfield at QB and think he keeps them from being a true contender.

I feel the same way about the Ravens, except I feel Jackson is wildly overrated as a QB. They also have a good D but not scary at all on O with Jackson, teams have figured his style out. 

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

I am not sold on Baker Mayfield at QB and think he keeps them from being a true contender.

I feel the same way about the Ravens, except I feel Jackson is wildly overrated as a QB. They also have a good D but not scary at all on O with Jackson, teams have figured his style out. 

Right, I completely agree, but the Browns have a much better team surrounding Mayfield. If Eli Manning can win 2 Super bowls because of his supporting cast, pretty sure the Browns can too.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

😂😂they finished third in their division last year

shouldnt you have to win it to get called the best team 

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

😂😂they finished third in their division last year

shouldnt you have to win it to get called the best team 

Fair, but I think they surpassed the Steelers in week 17 last year and then continued the beat down a week later in prime time. I think the Browns are more talented than the Ravens, that should be a fun division race to watch

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Fair, but I think they surpassed the Steelers in week 17 last year and then continued the beat down a week later in prime time. I think the Browns are more talented than the Ravens, that should be a fun division race to watch

Imo there’s nothing in the makeup of that team to suggest they will handle higher expectations well.

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Steelers really need a young QB to take over for Big Ben, their D is scary good, I also think they are the best coached team in the North. So I see the Steelers winning the division again this year as their D wins them a lot of games and Tomlin will help them win 1 or 2 they shouldn’t.  

29 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Imo there’s nothing in the makeup of that team to suggest they will handle higher expectations well.

I think Stefanski is a good coach who will keep them in line, but to your point recent years have suggested otherwise. Its a a good team to monitor. They are incredibly talented 

21 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Steelers really need a young QB to take over for Big Ben, their D is scary good, I also think they are the best coached team in the North. So I see the Steelers winning the division again this year as their D wins them a lot of games and Tomlin will help them win 1 or 2 they shouldn’t.  

Agree on Tomlin. I know a few steelers fans that hate they guy and they are just dead wrong. Dude is an excellent coach

5 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I think Stefanski is a good coach who will keep them in line, but to your point recent years have suggested otherwise. Its a a good team to monitor. They are incredibly talented 

Agree on Tomlin. I know a few steelers fans that hate they guy and they are just dead wrong. Dude is an excellent coach

Oh he is a good coach! He just fairs poorly against other good to great coaches.. I swear he PEDs himself every time he faces BB lol… 

I think the AFC East is loaded with good to great coaches. I mean outside of the Jets HC the other 3 have shown they are damn good… East should be fun this year.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1