The American Media Should Not Be Trusted

9 hours ago, B-Man said:

Not up for Debate: The RNC Votes Unanimously to Withdraw From the Commission on Presidential Debates

The RNC took far too long in doing this. They should have voted to withdraw after the CNN Candy Crowley/Mitt Romney 2012 debate debacle.

Jennifer Oliver O'Connell made this prediction back in October of 2020:

Bottom line: No matter what may occur tonight, or who wins the election, suffice to say this geriatric and outdated Commission on Presidential Debates is done.

They have shown themselves to be partisan, unprepared, out of touch, and obsolete. John Danforth, one of those geriatric members of the Commission, and a Republican, took to print and the airwaves to rebuke Trump for his criticism of their methods, to emphasize how important this Commission is to the national conversation, and to let you know what an august and truly bipartisan body they are. Yeah… right.

Put them on the list of things that Trump broke.

We’ll see how this plays out with Democrat, Libertarian, and Independent candidates talking amongst themselves.

https://redstate.com/jenniferoo/2022/04/14/not-up-for-debate-the-rnc-votes-unanimously-to-withdraw-from-the-commission-on-presidential-debates-n550357

What I would like to see is the Dem and Republican candidate agree to meet, along with a libertarian candidate, and each party chooses a moderator. 3 debates each with one moderator and let them be partisan. The third one should always be the Libertarian moderator whose most common response would be " why are better equiped to handle this than the people in their own lives?"

How about we get rid of the moderators all together! Just read the question off a teleprompter. Each candidate alternates going first, and then has their microphone cut off when their allotted time is up. Each then gets a short time for rebuttal and again the microphone cuts off. Then…move on. Next question. Simple! 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

How about we get rid of the moderators all together! Just read the question off a teleprompter. Each candidate alternates going first, and then has their microphone cut off when their allotted time is up. Each then gets a short time for rebuttal and again the microphone cuts off. Then…move on. Next question. Simple! 

That's their problem who makes up the questions. You still have a good idea.

6 minutes ago, ALF said:

That's their problem who makes up the questions. You still have a good idea.

The pool of questions would still come from a collaborative media, with the final  questions having to be approved of by both candidates. It’s the way jurors are chosen in the courtroom every single day. (Each candidate’s party gets a finite number of questions that they can outright reject.) With that said, I put it to you that’s it’s NOT the actual question that’s the problem. It’s the voice inflection and follow up from the moderator. I’ll never forget or forgive Savanna Guthrie for her outright hit job on Trump in what was supposed to be a townhall format while George Stephanopolous was stroking Biden on the other channel. Shameful! 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Greenwald directly over the bullseye. As usual.

It bears repeating that Greenwald is a classic liberal who is awake, not woke.

Glen gets paid well to sing music to your ears... 

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, DRsGhost said:

Greenwald directly over the bullseye. As usual.

It bears repeating that Greenwald is a classic liberal who is awake, not woke.

I really hope Elon gets control of Twitter and kills it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, wnyguy said:

Why? Are your posts being censored?

Of course his posts aren't being censored. 

And they shouldn't be.  Everyone should be allowed to espouse their opinions freely.  It's a bonus when those opinions remove all doubt about an posters moron status. Thus he's on my individual ignore list along with a host of others who have also removed all doubt as to their moron status.

At the same time he has no problem censoring those that he disagrees with.  Kind of goes with the territory when you achieve unquestioned moron status I suppose.

Like his buddy Putin.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Of course his posts aren't being censored. 

And they shouldn't be.  Everyone should be allowed to espouse their opinions freely.  It's a bonus when those opinions remove all doubt about an posters moron status. Thus he's on my individual ignore list along with a host of others who have also removed all doubt as to their moron status.

At the same time he has no problem censoring those that he disagrees with.  Kind of goes with the territory when you achieve unquestioned moron status I suppose.

Like his buddy Putin.

They literally created a safe place for DR and kicked out anyone who wouldn’t sing his praises…

Oh - and I love this new attempt to pin your Daddy on me - freaK

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886tilgasi62vxtrx3v0t

Idiots

Palpable fear:

The Leftist Media Is Unglued Over Possible Elon Musk ‘Free Speech’ Twitter Takeover.

b9821d5b-3216-4c7a-853f-a57d0c26d062-860

The Left is having a meltdown over Elon Musk’s bid to buy Twitter, take it private, and overhaul it.

But what the Silicon Valley crowd and G-5 high flyers really don’t want is Musk’s promise to restore “free speech” to Twitter. They can’t stand that. The Left doesn’t believe in free speech or the free exchange of ideas.

And since we’re not them and don’t agree with them much, we’re the enemy.

It’s a zero-sum game to them.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/victoria-taft/2022/04/14/the-leftist-media-is-unglued-over-possible-elon-musk-free-speech-twitter-takeover-n1589793

Oh !  The Horror !

MSNBC Host Warns of 'Real and Devastating Consequences' of 'Letting People Run Wild' With Free Speech

Houston, we have a problem. Let me rephrase that: America, the left-wing sockpuppet media has a problem — a problem that has now reached Planet Looney Tunes levels of panicked hysteria.

The best part of all? The histrionics have also reached pay-per-view quality level, but it’s all free!

The latest unintentional comedian was none other than MSNBC anchor Katy Tur, who has been making a fool out of herself for years. Tur’s effort came on Thursday, as the left’s meltdown continued, first over Elon Musk acquiring 9.2 percent of Twitter, then reaching cataclysmic proportions when Musk announced a hostile takeover bid of the social media giant known for censoring conservative content at the drop of a left-wing hat, while allowing the Taliban, for example, to continue to spew its radical propaganda at will.

In a nutshell, while Musk warns that the future of democracy is at stake if free speech is suppressed, Tur and her fellow left-wing media lapdogs warn that free speech itself is a threat to democracy — a ridiculous notion made even more ridiculous by the realization that these purposely deluded people actually believe it

https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2022/04/15/msnbc-host-warns-of-real-and-devastating-consequences-of-letting-people-run-wild-with-free-speech-n550763

3 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

You must feel Greenwald has it all wrong. It would be nice to hear your reasoning

:lol:

Surely you don't expect this moron to take the content of Greenwald's thread and respond to any of the points he makes specifically? I'll save you the time.  Here's the "reasoning" that you'll get:

TRUMP!

CULT!

COUP! 

INSURRECTION!

RACIST!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

You must feel Greenwald has it all wrong. It would be nice to hear your reasoning. 

I can give two 💩’s about Glen - his schtick is anti establishment, anti America, pro death to innocent Ukrainians (aka pro Putin) just like you, DR and the rest of the deplorable cult.

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I can give two 💩’s about Glen - his schtick is anti establishment, anti America, pro death to innocent Ukrainians (aka pro Putin) just like you, DR and the rest of the deplorable cult.

Gosh. You usually have such well-reasoned thoughts. I’m disappointed with this response. I guess you support censorship like, you know, PUTIN. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

What I would like to see is the Dem and Republican candidate agree to meet, along with a libertarian candidate, and each party chooses a moderator. 3 debates each with one moderator and let them be partisan. The third one should always be the Libertarian moderator whose most common response would be " why are better equiped to handle this than the people in their own lives?"

Don’t need them anymore.  

With a 24 hour a day news cycle, every move or word scrutinized, and the reality that the candidate(s) spend 90 minutes trying to say nothing about a subject and avoid quotable quotes and/or offer quotable quotes written by speechwriters, we simply don’t need em anymore.   It’s a relic of a bygone era. 

So, you learn nothing, they say nothing, and the talking heads offer really nothing.  Andrea Mitchell is the perfect example.  She’s 100 years old, has proven to be an untrustworthy source of information and thus offers nothing of value to many.  If your chose a right-leaning moderator, same situation applies.

• Agree 2

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Don’t need them anymore.  

With a 24 hour a day news cycle, every move or word scrutinized, and the reality that the candidate(s) spend 90 minutes trying to say nothing about a subject and avoid quotable quotes and/or offer quotable quotes written by speechwriters, we simply don’t need em anymore.   It’s a relic of a bygone era. 

So, you learn nothing, they say nothing, and the talking heads offer really nothing.  Andrea Mitchell is the perfect example.  She’s 100 years old, has proven to be an untrustworthy source of information and thus offers nothing of value to many.  If your chose a right-leaning moderator, same situation applies.

I would add that these "debates" would be helpful ,

IF

the candidates were able to directly speak to each other,

the "moderator" is not necessary.

If one candidate dominated the time, so what ?  the American people would judge wether it was good or bad.

14 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Gosh. You usually have such well-reasoned thoughts. I’m disappointed with this response. I guess you support censorship like, you know, PUTIN. 

You didn’t have any issues w a baker denying gays a cake - no reason  a private company can’t ban people who break their rules.

Keep trying gf

Edited by BillStime

9 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You didn’t have any issues w a baker denying gays a cake - no reason  a private company can’t ban people who break their rules.

Keep trying gf

If gf is supposed to mean girlfriend, please don’t misgender me. You have no idea what my pronouns are. If gf is get ******, well……

If you, like Putin, support the suppression of speech, just say so. Nobody here is going to dislike you more than they already do. 

Just now, JDHillFan said:

If gf is supposed to mean girlfriend, please don’t misgender me. You have no idea what my pronouns are. If gf is get ******, well……

If you, like Putin, support the suppression of speech, just say so. Nobody here is going to dislike you more than they already do. 

You also hate gays - just like your boy Putin, gf

16 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You didn’t have any issues w a baker denying gays a cake -

No, no little boy.

You don't get to change the facts.

Gays were welcome at that bakers store and could buy anything.

When two activists specifically asked him to bake a wedding cake for their lesbian wedding, he said that he could not due to his religious beliefs.

Gays were NOT denied service at his shop.

AND that was upheld in court.

But No ONE here expects you to be honest,  so carry on.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Keep trying gf

Wait…what? Twitter is claiming a constitutionally protected religious exemption? Really? What religion is it? 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillStime said:

Keep trying gf

It is interesting, of course, that the bakers who did not provide the cake for the gay couple were targets of government intervention, yet the Twitter is viewed as a private company doing private company things.  

Actually, really what’s interesting is how people defend one and not the other based on their own particular predilections.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It is interesting, of course, that the bakers who did not provide the cake for the gay couple were targets of government intervention, yet the Twitter is viewed as a private company doing private company things.  

Actually, really what’s interesting is how people defend one and not the other based on their own particular predilections.  

When engaging in these types of disagreements it's always nice when you have the power of The State in your corner.  And we all know that Twitter is an outsourcing partner of the government and based on the arrangement carries out government censorship policy.  Protecting all kinds of sacred narratives from scrutiny and questioning.  And protecting the government from public supervision, Constitutional violations, and oversight like freedom of information requests along with providing Twitter (and Google, and Facebook for that matter) with lots of taxpayer money channeled through opaque intelligence agency budgets they book on the ledger as "advertising" revenue.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1