The American Media Should Not Be Trusted

5 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Don’t need them anymore.  

With a 24 hour a day news cycle, every move or word scrutinized, and the reality that the candidate(s) spend 90 minutes trying to say nothing about a subject and avoid quotable quotes and/or offer quotable quotes written by speechwriters, we simply don’t need em anymore.   It’s a relic of a bygone era. 

So, you learn nothing, they say nothing, and the talking heads offer really nothing.  Andrea Mitchell is the perfect example.  She’s 100 years old, has proven to be an untrustworthy source of information and thus offers nothing of value to many.  If your chose a right-leaning moderator, same situation applies.

I will agree they are much less important than even just 20 years ago but I still think they have a use if set up properly. 

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Actually, really what’s interesting is how people defend one and not the other based on their own particular predilections.  

See, it is okay for your cult to set the bar where ever they want but then when the cult is served a taste of their own medicine they don't like it... karma sucks

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

See, it is okay for your cult to set the bar where ever they want but then when the cult is served a taste of their own medicine they don't like it... karma sucks

You sounds like a crazy tinfoiler with this cult fixation, BillSy.  

But if I’m reading you correctly, you’re suggesting that Twitter and their decision to censor speech is the same sort of thing as the baker refusing to bake a cake for the gay wedding couple.  

I think that’s a fair assessment.

In both scenarios, business decisions were made on emotion and bias, though both parties had their reasons for making their own value judgements.  

At the risk of repeating myself, the interesting part to me is the government’s reaction (or inaction) to these similar events, and how willing people are to rationalize defending one and criticize the other.  People are complicated. 

4 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I will agree they are much less important than even just 20 years ago but I still think they have a use if set up properly. 

You’re an optimist, Tim, and I can respect that. 

The whole thing is a spectacle of asshattery  imo.  I applaud the RNC. 

WaPo published the address of her employer which can be found with a simple Google search and then reposted the article with the address of her employer removed.

They did not publish her *home address* 

Why would Tom Cotton lie?

To make you outraged, of course.

Edited by 716er
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If people really cared about this stuff, the Washington Post has a very public address from which many of their decision-makers work.

And I don't think they're inclined to carry firearms.

Bezos' personal blog deserves ire, but do we deserve better based on our acceptance of corporate press? Two hundred years ago Lorenz and her ilk would have been tarred, feathered, and run out on a rail for attempting to prevent someone from earning a living for simply re-publishing content already publicly available. Now, people get mad on twitter.

We get the fourth estate we deserve.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, 716er said:

WaPo published the address of her employer which can be found with a simple Google search and then reposted the article with the address of her employer removed.

They did not publish her *home address* 

Why would Tom Cotton lie?

To make you outraged, of course.

Well the good news is no one will know how to find her about 40 hours a week during any set time. Also it was very difficult to Google her name and address and find someones address who are the very least has the same name within close proximity to that business. All because she reposted videos. I will point out that several liberal news sources said they printed her home address before removing it such as Newsweek. Cotton should know better than to trust any news source like the WP or Newsweek but sometimes it happens. 

LIBERAL MEDIA SCREAM: 

Nothing is Biden’s Fault.

Well, if they admitted the truth about what a disaster he is, they’d have to take responsibility for installing him.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/washington-secrets/liberal-media-scream-nothings-bidens-fault

Related: The ‘cabal’ that bragged of foisting Joe Biden on us must answer for his failed presidency.

https://nypost.com/2021/12/09/cabal-that-bragged-of-foisting-joe-biden-on-us-must-answer-for-his-presidency/

The Examples Mount That America Is Reclaiming the Narrative From the Media

We are seeing a re-emergence of public might. Look at how issues that are backed collectively by the administration, the media, and Hollywood are not moving the public mindset in ways previously experienced. Their influence is waning. Sit and watch as their emotional outbursts reveal this reality. It is a satisfying display. 

https://redstate.com/bradslager/2022/04/20/the-examples-mount-that-america-is-reclaiming-the-narrative-from-the-media-n553044

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Intraparty squabbling is now front page news or your a propagandist? Wow that is quite the admission.

Just wait until November.  Then you'll see squabbling...

23 hours ago, BillStime said:

Says the guy who supports the right who manipulates their base to hate just about everyone not straight, white, male and christian.

When have I ever used any of those words to support anything? You just need to pretend to feel good.

• Agree 1

The Houston Chronicle has a new report out titled, “Exxon’s ban on LGBTQ, Black Lives Matter flags at Houston headquarters sparks employee backlash,”

but we’ll tell you right now that this headline leaves out a few things:

No, you sensationalizing hacks, they're prohibiting the display of *all* flags that represent political and social causes,

which is entirely reasonable. But you knew that.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/04/23/the-houston-chronicle-left-out-one-important-detail-from-its-headline-on-exxonmobil-prohibiting-lgbtq-and-blm-flags/