Critical Race Theory

Does the CRT distraction make sense now as we begin to hear over the next month all the mitigation the schools will be doing indefinitely....  

Libs will wrongly blame "systemic racism."

Cons will gladly let the public schools continue to slit their own throat.  

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

THAT’S BECAUSE IT’S 100% SOPHOMORICALLY POLITICAL bull####: 

Critical Race Theory has no idea what to do with Asian-Americans.

By Kenny Xu

https://hotair.com/headlines/2021/07/13/critical-race-theory-has-no-idea-what-to-do-with-asian-americans-n401905

Apparently there is another even more damning demographic data set.  Black Nigerian Americans especially those who closely identify traditional Nigerian cultural educational and family values are one of the most successful demographics in America.

Anyone with any interest whatsoever  in fixing anything about the current inequity along racial lines in America would be studying that pretty hard. 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Apparently there is another even more damning demographic data set.  Black Nigerian Americans especially those who closely identify traditional Nigerian cultural educational and family values are one of the most successful demographics in America.

Anyone want to venture a guess as to why thar is?  

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Anyone want to venture a guess as to why thar is?  

https://www.ozy.com/around-the-world/the-most-successful-ethnic-group-in-the-u-s-may-surprise-you/86885/

I was looking for some system to blame, but it turns out valuing education seems to matter. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

45 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Does the CRT distraction make sense now as we begin to hear over the next month all the mitigation the schools will be doing indefinitely....  

Ya think a history of oppression has weighed on black community and is a factor in low grades? 

14 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Anyone with any interest whatsoever  in fixing anything about the current inequity along racial lines in America would be studying that pretty hard. 

That’s a great point. They didn’t have their families suffer through slavery and Jim Crow. 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ya think a history of oppression has weighed on black community and is a factor in low grades? 

That’s a great point. They didn’t have their families suffer through slavery and Jim Crow. 

I was hoping someone would point that out.

You see no one is arguing slavery and Jim Crow were bad wrong or happened, or at least no one with integrity.  

The objection is to the notion those ideals underpin every facet of American society in 2021. 

Also many of those African families were just as directly impacted by slavery. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Nigerian immigrants happen to be the most educated demographic in America. 

Like many nations, their best performing students come here to go to great universities. 

The idea that this somehow disproves the existence of racism makes as much sense of arguing the existence of wealthy Nigerians means poverty does not exist in Nigeria. 

7 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Nigerian immigrants happen to be the most educated demographic in America. 

Like many nations, their best performing students come here to go to great universities. 

The idea that this somehow disproves the existence of racism makes as much sense of arguing the existence of wealthy Nigerians means poverty does not exist in Nigeria. 

So they come here in spite of a system rigged against them? That makes no sense. 

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

So they come here in spite of a system rigged against them? That makes no sense. 

I get it. You're a black and white thinker. Everything is all or nothing. 

Nothing exists on a continuom. 

Either everything is racist or nothing is.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I get it. You're a black and white thinker. Everything is all or nothing. 

Nothing exists on a continuom. 

Either everything is racist or nothing is.

So why are Nigerians able to attend the best universities? 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

That’s not an answer. Why are Nigerians able to attend the best universities here in the US. 

Just because you're unable or unwilling to apply the example given to the discussion at hand doesn't mean "it's not an answer." 

The Nigerians applying to the top schools in the US are the top students in Nigeria... Even in very poor military dictatorships there are wealthy and well educated people... 

There's also very few colleges in Nigeria. In fact there's only 150 colleges for a population of 180 million people.

So the best students who often come from wealthy families that can pay for education abroad come here to take advantage of the abundant number of colleges. 

The idea that that somehow proves that there is absolutely no effects of racism here just doesn't follow. 

Tell me about the income and education inequality in Nigeria following British rule and decades of military dictatorship.

6 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Just because you're unable or unwilling to apply the example given to the discussion at hand doesn't mean "it's not an answer." 

The Nigerians applying to the top schools in the US are the top students in Nigeria... Even in very poor military dictatorships there are wealthy and well educated people... 

There's also very few colleges in Nigeria. In fact there's only 150 colleges for a population of 180 million people.

So the best students who often come from wealthy families that can pay for education abroad come here to take advantage of the abundant number of colleges. 

The idea that that somehow proves that there is absolutely no effects of racism here just doesn't follow. 

Tell me about the income and education inequality in Nigeria following British rule and decades of military dictatorship.

So the wealthiest and most educated Nigerian elite are coming to a systemically racist country for more opportunity? Is that the argument? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

So the wealthiest and most educated Nigerian elite are coming to a systemically racist country for more opportunity? Is that the argument? 

Wrong question.

Are there more opportunities in a wealthy democratic nation with a history systemic racism than in a poor military dictatorship. 

Yes, clearly there are. 

4 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Wrong question.

No it isn't.  

The Nigerian could go anywhere in the world and yet they come to this racist ***t hole.

Incredible.  

We are the planets last best hope being sold out to the CCP.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

No it isn't.  

The Nigerian could go anywhere in the world and yet they come to this racist ***t hole.

Incredible.  

We are the planets last best hope being sold out to the CCP.

Too late, you're on list. See you in the Walmart Fema camp with Barry and Isis...

And just so you know, of the 17 million Nigerian emigrants, about 3% came to the US. 

So 97% of them do go somewhere else...

Edited by Motorin'

10 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Wrong question.

Are there more opportunities in a wealthy democratic nation with a history systemic racism than in a poor military dictatorship. 

Yes, clearly there are. 

Second generation Nigerian Americans are out achieving every other demographic.

How is that possible if they are systemically oppressed because of their appearance?? 

Do police officers see a Nigerian bumper sticker and decide not to pull them over? 

Do employers see Nigerian names on resumes and hire then promote them because they didn’t realize they were supposed to be more oppressive? 

Why is this sub group earning so much money and so many degrees in the us?

Did all the systemic oppressors fall asleep at the wheel?

The deliberate effort to dismiss any analysis of this particular reality is very telling about how much the alt left cares about actually addressing inequitable outcomes. They need racism as an enemy against which to mobilize their sheeple for power. They don’t want anything fixed. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

So what you’re saying is they got into the best universities due to wealth and education?  So not getting into universities may be more of a socioeconomic issue than a skin color issue?   While historical racism has been a part of the poor socioeconomic standing of blacks at what point do the scales tip towards a bigger part of the problem being on them? As we have seen the prevalence of racism deminish we are also seeing more and more POC having great success socially and economically.  So at what point do we stop using past as the reasons for the failures of the present?  

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Second generation Nigerian Americans are out achieving every other demographic.

How is that possible if they are systemically oppressed because of their appearance?? 

Do police officers see a Nigerian bumper sticker and decide not to pull them over? 

Do employers see Nigerian names on resumes and hire then promote them because they didn’t realize they were supposed to be more oppressive? 

Why is this sub group earning so much money and so many degrees in the us?

Did all the systemic oppressors fall asleep at the wheel?

The deliberate effort to dismiss any analysis of this particular reality is very telling about how much the alt left cares about actually addressing inequitable outcomes. They need racism as an enemy against which to mobilize their sheeple for power. They don’t want anything fixed. 

You are the one deliberately shifting the goal posts. 

You're putting an absolutist constraint on the issue. If racism isn't all encompassing in every possible situation that it is no where at all. 

When the truth is that the effects of racism are still with us in some ways, but not nearly as many as used to be...

The fact is that 2nd generation Nigerians have parents who are the most educated demographic in the country. 

Children of highly educated parents, such as children of Nigerian immigrants, aren't going to do worse in school and work than their parents. 

That Dldoesn't prove that there's no effects of racism anywhere. 

10 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

but not nearly as many as used to be...

This caveat is not the narrative from the left and what is causing almost all of the uproar. 

And you yourself are also suggesting having educated parents is more deterministic of a good future than race in America.

I think that’s what most moderates and independents and maybe even some of the republicans have been trying to say the whole time. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This caveat is not the narrative from the left and what is causing almost all of the uproar. 

I don't like people telling me what I think, and don't like being forced to defend positions that I don't hold. 

God I can't wait for football season to start. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I don't like people telling me what I think, and don't like being forced to defend positions that I don't hold. 

God I can't wait for football season to start. 

Funny. Football…..12 minutes of action filled with two guys telling you what you just saw.  Most boring sport ever. 

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Neither side cares

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

Like I said before, liberalism is like terminal syphilis, it turns your  brain ro swiss cheese.

Yep.  Convince me otherwise:

Courtney Cox Facebook Show Features Transgender Man’s Failed Attempt to Breastfeed ‘Non-Binary’ Infant

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/07/14/courtney-cox-facebook-show-features-transgender-mans-failed-attempt-to-breastfeed-non-binary-infant/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Blasphemy! You, take that back.

Go Bills!

I guess you enjoy watching huge guys chase each other around throw them to the ground and smack them on the ass while you spend the next 5 minutes listening to two guys tell you about what just happened.   Whatever floats your boat.  I have more interesting things to do on Sundays.  

26 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Yep.  Convince me otherwise:

Courtney Cox Facebook Show Features Transgender Man’s Failed Attempt to Breastfeed ‘Non-Binary’ Infant

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/07/14/courtney-cox-facebook-show-features-transgender-mans-failed-attempt-to-breastfeed-non-binary-infant/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

Was a different outcome expected? 

the biological male claiming to be a transgender woman attempts to breastfeed but finds little success.

48 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Child abuse.

Meanwhile back to CRT.

THAT’S BECAUSE IT’S STUPID AND RACIST: 

Critical race theory not very popular in new educator survey. 

“Teaching critical race theory (CRT) doesn’t seem to be very popular among non-union educators, according to a new survey.”

https://www.thecollegefix.com/critical-race-theory-not-very-popular-in-new-educator-survey/

19 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Too late, you're on list. See you in the Walmart Fema camp with Barry and Isis...

And just so you know, of the 17 million Nigerian emigrants, about 3% came to the US. 

So 97% of them do go somewhere else...

It's cuz that 97% probably couldn't get a US immigrant Visa .. which is not easiest

Probably only 3% did  

If 17 million Nigerians were applying for immigration visas... Not many would get accepted in the United States.. because people are applying from every country

Which is right on par with your 3%

Edited by Buffalo716

20 minutes ago, B-Man said:

You watched that video and came to the conclusion that the learning objective was for children to conclude that they SHOULD treat people of different races differently?

I guess the parable of the Good Samaritan teaches kids that they should rob people on the road and leave them for dead. 

Edited by Motorin'

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

You watched that video and came to the conclusion that the learning objective was for children to conclude that they SHOULD treat people of different races differently?

I guess the parable of the Good Samaritan teaches kids that they should rob people on the road and leave them for dead. 

I was going to say using a track event as an example was a very poor one.   White kids need a 250 year head start. 

• Haha (+1) 1

'Let them die!': NAACP leader blasts parents who oppose critical race theory in fiery speech outside Virginia middle school boardmeeting 

by James Gordon

An NAACP leader has been caught on camera blasting parents who oppose Critical Race Theory and shouting 'let them die' in a fiery speech outside a Virginia middle school board meeting.NAACP Vice President Michelle Leete - who is also a member of Virginia state PTA - made the inflammatory comments to a crowd at Luther Jackson Middle School in Falls Church, Fairfax County, Thursday.The crowd, who cheered in response to Leete's speech, had gathered to counter-protest a group of parents who were holding a 'Stop CRT rally' at the school.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9797411/NAACP-leaders-furious-speech-against-opponents-critical-race-theory-outside-middle-school.html