Critical Race Theory

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Meanwhile - how many red states are welfare states? Why do blue states bail out red states all the time.

Keep crying 

Racism right?   It must be racism.  

When you have to push a lie over and over and over again you've lost the argument.  Based on this you lost the argument a long time ago. 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

We are talking about teaching history. Why are blacks disproportionally poor/ The answer is racism 

Why are whites in Appalachia disproportionately poor?  Is the answer racism there too?   <_<

Just now, BillStime said:

what lie?

The one we've called you out on many many times.  

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Why are whites in Appalachia disproportionately poor?  Is the answer racism there too?   <_<

The one we've called you out on many many times.  

I’m most certainly not the one being dishonest about our past. Look in the mirror Jim.

Just now, BillStime said:

I’m most certainly not the one being dishonest about our past. Look in the mirror Jim.

That's not the lie.  Read the tweet you shared again.  If you have any brain or honesty you'll figure it out.  

And how am I being dishonest?

Where did she go to school? I learned about the slave trade etc in grammar school in Texas in the 1960s.  My daughter learned about it in Texas public school in the 1990s/2000s.  This is such a straw man.  If you have a good case you don't have to make stuff up.

Did you also know about New York City's large stake in slavery in the 1700s?  They had the 2nd largest port for importing slaves only behind Charleston.

I know a lot of Yankees like to look down their noses at the south for slavery, but the North was not a lot better for most of its history in America.

New York has preeminently been the capital of American liberty, the freest city of the nation - its largest, most diverse, its most economically ambitious, and its most open to the world. It was also, paradoxically, for more than two centuries, the capital of American slavery.

As many as 20 percent of colonial New Yorkers were enslaved Africans. First Dutch and then English merchants built the city's local economy largely around supplying ships for the trade in slaves and in what slaves produced - sugar, tobacco, indigo, coffee, chocolate, and ultimately, cotton. New York ship captains and merchants bought and sold slaves along the coast of Africa and in the taverns of their own city. Almost every businessman in 18th-century New York had a stake, at one time or another, in the traffic in human beings.

http://www.slaveryinnewyork.org

https://www.nypl.org

The port was not even marked until 2015. I only found out about it cuz I was in NYC at the time and it was in a small article buried in the NY Times.

New York likes to hide the ball on this one. 

I also think its funny when you protest a REDSTATE source and then quote some yahoo from the high tech peanut gallery. 😄

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Where did she go to school? I learned about the slave trade etc in grammar school in Texas in the 1960s.  My daughter learned about it in Texas public school in the 1990s/2000s.  This is such a straw man.  If you have a good case you don't have to make stuff up.

Did you also know about New York City's large stake in slavery in the 1700s?  They had the 2nd largest port for importing slaves only behind Charleston.

I know a lot of Yankees like to look down their noses at the south for slavery, but the North was not a lot better for most of its history in America.

http://www.slaveryinnewyork.org

https://www.nypl.org

The port was not even marked until 2015. I only found out about it cuz I was in NYC at the time and it was in a small article buried in the NY Times.

New York likes to hide the ball on this one. 

I also think its funny when you protest a REDSTATE source and then quote some yahoo from the high tech peanut gallery. 😄

I learned a ton about slavery in the US.  Some of it in school some of it on my own from reading these real cool things you find in the building called a library.  I was always interested in the Civil War.  It's causes, the battles, the surrender, the reconstruction.   I grew up in a house built in 1860 and always wondered if it was part of the underground railroad.  But yeah @BillStime you keep going with the lie that we don't care about the history of race in this country.  When you've lost the argument you resort to lies.  Bravo!! 

EDIT:  One of the first books I ever owned was The Civil War in Pictures.  My grandfather, a WWI Vet, gave it to me.  I've cherished that book ever since.  

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I learned a ton about slavery in the US.  Some of it in school some of it on my own from reading these real cool things you find in the building called a library.  I was always interested in the Civil War.  It's causes, the battles, the surrender, the reconstruction.   I grew up in a house built in 1860 and always wondered if it was part of the underground railroad.  But yeah @BillStime you keep going with the lie that we don't care about the history of race in this country.  When you've lost the argument you resort to lies.  Bravo!! 

But so against CRT but can't tell us why beyond what he was told.  Why can't you provide any documentation from the CRT handbook?

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

But so against CRT but can't tell us why beyond what he was told.  Why can't you provide any documentation from the CRT handbook?

How many times we have to tell you there is no playbook!  That's the problem.   :wallbash:

And what I tell you are my concerns are mine and not what I've been told.  I'm not the meme or tweet posting guy.  I think it's safe to say I have shared zero tweets on this board. 

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

How many times we have to tell you there is no playbook!  That's the problem.   :wallbash:

And what I tell you are my concerns are mine and not what I've been told.  I'm not the meme or tweet posting guy.  I think it's safe to say I have shared zero tweets on this board. 

So other words - you got nothing... recurring theme for you CJ.

And for what it is worth - you did post a link from the Washington Examiner to back you up a couple days ago...'

LMAO.... Jim's #WINNING

Republican narratives are getting increasingly desperate and ridiculous. It’s like watching the worst and longest death scene ever.

22 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So other words - you got nothing... recurring theme for you CJ.

And for what it is worth - you did post a link from the Washington Examiner to back you up a couple days ago...'

LMAO.... Jim's #WINNING

Republican narratives are getting increasingly desperate and ridiculous. It’s like watching the worst and longest death scene ever.

You're right.  I'm not winning.  We've won and won a LONG time ago.  We have post after post after post either expressing our concerns and the concerns of others (and many of them are POC) regarding CRT being taught to children.  You have yet to express why you feel the need to teach it other than IT'S TEACHING HISTORY! which is not the main tenant of CRT.  

18 minutes ago, BillStime said:

giphy.gif

Explain what this tweet means.  How are our issues with CRT saying we are OK with racism?  

That is if you have the intellectual capacity to do so. 

35 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You can’t expect mindless zombie follower sheep to believe thinking for one’s self is even possible. 

As predicted.

32 minutes ago, BillStime said:

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Because conservatives have gotten the jump on the left, you are now seeing dismissive commentary that presumes the right is fighting a ghost.

Again, that’s a tell that conservatives are winning this fight. When the left take a key piece of their ideology and pretend it doesn’t exist or claim you “just don’t understand it,” that’s their way of trying to shame you into disengaging.

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

We conservatives should actually be glad about the left’s CRT fetish. After all, these dummies have handed us a giant Louisville Slugger to use to pummel them. The best part is that they are surprised we’re upset. Maybe they should get out more. Maybe they should meet some normal people. It’s not merely that normal people understand that Balkanization leads to the Balkans, and that the Balkans are not a role model (I was there – trust me, you do not want a society where ethnicity is everything). It’s that normal people know that this is evil, that to judge one by the color of his skin instead of the content of his character is un-American and un-Judeo-Christian, and probably un-every other religion except Marxism.

Edited by B-Man

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You're right.  I'm not winning.  We've won and won a LONG time ago.  We have post after post after post either expressing our concerns and the concerns of others (and many of them are POC) regarding CRT being taught to children.  You have yet to express why you feel the need to teach it other than IT'S TEACHING HISTORY! which is not the main tenant of CRT.  

Explain what this tweet means.  How are our issues with CRT saying we are OK with racism?  

That is if you have the intellectual capacity to do so. 

You can’t have a conversation about CRT when your whole premise is that it is out to hurt our children - specifically white students.

You and your ilk have provided zero substance that this is the mission of CRT - zero.

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You can’t have a conversation about CRT when your whole premise is that it is out to hurt our children - specifically white students.

You and your ilk have provided zero substance that this is the mission of CRT - zero.

Wow I've never had a conversation with anyone as daft at you are.  

I'll ask you the same question I asked others yesterday.  Why do people have concerns about a curriculum in school based on religion. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Wow I've never had a conversation with anyone as daft at you are.  

I'll ask you the same question I asked others yesterday.  Why do people have concerns about a curriculum in school based on religion. 

What aspect of religion? 

Powerful stuff from the left's newest Uncle Tom.

I'm not a "call em out" type of poster, But could 716 or Tiberius explain to us why this gentleman is wrong.

Jim  * Useless, I know, but could you not do two pages of you asking questions back and forth (about religion no less)

Edited by B-Man