"Why Tyrod Taylor is the right QB to get the Texans through a season without Deshaun Watson" -- Article Excerpt & My Commentary [Bills Related]

3 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

C'mon.  He got us to the freaken playoffs with Charles Clay, Deonte Thompson, Zay Jones, Kelvin Benjamin and Nick O'leary as our receiving 'threats'.  McCoy and Mike Tolbert in the run game.  That's lifting Mt. Everest right there.  

He didn't get us to the playoffs.  We got to the playoffs despite his ineptitude.  His impeccable 17/37, 134 yard, 1 INT playoff gem proved that he was out of his league.  

But I guess we expect more out of him and QBs like him.  According to him, anyway.

Pshh

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Is this supposed to be a Tyrod Worship thread?

If you blame his benching on the OC, then you're a Tyrod homer.  He sucked and it's really that simple.

No not a worship thread.

Blame the benching on the OC for starting P5t5rman in SD game?  It was his call. 

Anyone not seeing that have an altar in room they pray to every day.  They will forever think the OC is a saint because he sat out Tyrod for half a game.

Tyrod has limits and like all players and is better than some who have started in NFL. 

If I needed someone to come off bench when team was ahead and play it safe and maybe run a bit for first down okay.

Bring him off bench to be gunslinger when team is behind no unless no better alternate no.

Houston Texans may make him starter next year or one of the other 2 QBs they have playable.

I cannot understand their off-season strategy as I said in another thread with Tyrod, a 3 round draft pick QB and 2 other backup QBs.

15 minutes ago, Utah John said:

He's a poor man's Ryan Fitzpatrick, a guy who can come in and make things interesting for a team, but not a guy you can win with.  

Ironic that the Bills had both these guys in the lineup while our quest for a real starter was underway.  But really there are a lot of equally sort-of-competent QBs out there, being paid pretty well to be available.  

No he is NOT a poor man's Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a gunner and takes chances and even takes chances when he shouldn't.

Tyrod Tailor is very conservative QB who does not take chances even when behind and needed to try to win.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I never want to watch Tyrod Taylor play another down in the NFL.

I would love to watch current Tyrod play against us.

I still appreciate old Tyrod after a few years of watching EJ be just as reluctant to throw the ball without any of the deep touch or mobility.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Always thought Tyrod was a good dude and his attitude after being benched for Peterman probably helped McDermott keep the locker room and break the drought. He wasn't a good QB, but his steady demeanor probably makes him a safe albeit boring choice to handle the huge transition Houston has to do sans Watson

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

33 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

C'mon.  He got us to the freaken playoffs with Charles Clay, Deonte Thompson, Zay Jones, Kelvin Benjamin and Nick O'leary as our receiving 'threats'.  McCoy and Mike Tolbert in the run game.  That's lifting Mt. Everest right there.  

Great work ethic.  Below average QB.

I'll always be a fan of the man they call T Mobile.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

no worries there mac. hard to accuse one of something they make up in their own imagination.

Yea like crying a river.  We know you imagine about me.

If you wish to continue saying what you imagine continue.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Tyrod Taylor has always sucked and the day he left Buffalo was one of the best days of my life as a Bills fan.  Garbage.  Pure garbage.

He was a top 3 drought QB. Far from pure garbage...he actually knows the game well just has a superoq risk tolerance which cause almost all his issues. 

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

He made a few plays here and there, but if he would have had all star WR/TE's I honestly don't think it would have made too much of a difference. Was just so limited as a passer. Was exciting when he got loose and took off running though. Not nearly as exciting as Allen though

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, StHustle said:

He was a top 3 drought QB. Far from pure garbage...he actually knows the game well just has a superoq risk tolerance which cause almost all his issues. 

A top 3 drought QB.  Hmm .. that's like being a top 3 drought Head Coach, or a top 3 Dolphins running back during the Marino era, or being a bronze medalist in a round-robin tournament.

Cute.