The foundation under Dr. Fauci is starting to crack...

I was discussing through text this with a friend exactly how much lying happened with the Corona origin and I was literally called a Qanon believer because the person I was discussing with still believes the information available last year was honestly presented. I gave up after that.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I was discussing through text this with a friend exactly how much lying happened with the Corona origin and I was literally called a Qanon believer because the person I was discussing with still believes the information available last year was honestly presented. I gave up after that.

Unfortunately, people, like your friend, cannot get passed the idea that because Trump brought up “Lab Leak” it must be wrong...Trump’s not perfect, but he has been proven right on many things that the Left had dogged him on initially...

It’s never good to idolize a leader to the point where you think he can do no wrong...likewise, it is equally just as detrimental to villainize that same leader where you can’t even see his accomplishments...👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

I'm center-left, and I don't see him as a hero. He's a scientist, a guy who lets the science tell him what he should say. 

But he didn't have much of a choice but to develop the politician side of his personality. When you're constantly being grilled by Senate committees, trying to get you to say what they want to hear regardless of how well it fits with the science, you have to deal with it.

But this thread is nuts. A writers tries to develop a source by treating them politely ... and it's proof of something? Somehow "carrying water"? Flat-out bizarre. You think if that woman wrote a letter to Rand Paul asking him to keep her informed that the tone would be different? Puh-leeze.

Sad indeed, this thread, but now in the way many of the denizens here think.

I’m center right, I thought he was a decent and honest man at the start, but started to get a little uneasy when he appeared at the baseball game, violated distancing protocols and mask discipline, and accused those who reported it of being mischievous.  I became suspicious when, in any one of his many interviews, he passed on the opportunity to plead with Americans out protesting by the tens of thousands to stop, take a break, and consider the impact that their actions (noble or otherwise) would have on the people in their neighborhoods and families.   It was all downhill from there. 

As for “he’s a scientist, a guy who lets the science tell him what to say.... followed by “but, he didn’t have much of a choice...”—-wow, that’s a stunning indictment of his character from someone who seems to be a supporter in general.  

Fauci is 80 years old, has been a public figure since the Reagan years, is very handsomely compensated, and is extremely wealthy.  He was serving under a president at a time when the opposition had convinced tens of millions of citizens that he was an agent of Russia, failed to carry the day on that issue and deftly switched tactics to make tens of millions of citizens believe that the real crime was not cooperating fully with the investigation that went nowhere.   All Fauci had to do  tell the truth and not be the one g-d scumbag in this whole mess strategizing, angling or manipulating people who trusted him.  He failed in that regard.  I’d support a thorough investigation into his handling of the pandemic, what he said publicly v privately, potential perjury charges  for lies that he may have told under oath, and a deep dive into his finances to see what he stood to gain by pushing the pandemic narrative. 

As for the reporter, her emails make her sound less than objective.  Speaking only for myself, I start with the assumption that a national journalist like this has an agenda that may not coincide with my best interests, and go from there.  In that regard, what she said or did is wholly irrelevant to me.  To your point, I agree that being polite is a non factor.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I think you're misreading a nuance. I too thought he had a quest for fame.  Now, I'm beginning to believe that the motive was far more sinister.  He KNEW where the virus came from, and he made a conscious decision to do everything to get on the right side of this issue in the eyes of the media and the American people. He figured the more he looked like a good guy, the less chance there would be of him being fingered for his incompetency. And it almost worked!  I'm hoping they pull the curtain back off this son-of-a-b^#$!!

You and I aren't that far off but I just need more evidence of him covering up for China if it was a lab leak.   I think you're correct in that he wanted to get in the right eyes of the media. Trump suggested hydroxychloroquine and it could've been a lab leak.  The media overreacted like always with everything Trump said instead of looking at it objectively.  Fauci then constantly pushed for new and experimental drugs over established drugs that might help.  He also dismissed the lab leak theory as conspiracy to appease the media.  I fall into the category of I think Trump and Fauci did a terrible job in messaging but an okay job in managing the crises overall.

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

You and I aren't that far off but I just need more evidence of him covering up for China if it was a lab leak.   I think you're correct in that he wanted to get in the right eyes of the media. Trump suggested hydroxychloroquine and it could've been a lab leak.  The media overreacted like always with everything Trump said instead of looking at it objectively.  Fauci then constantly pushed for new and experimental drugs over established drugs that might help.  He also dismissed the lab leak theory as conspiracy to appease the media.  I fall into the category of I think Trump and Fauci did a terrible job in messaging but an okay job in managing the crises overall.

Fauci didn’t dismiss the lab leak to appease the media. He dismissed it in hopes that it would throw people off his scent! Ive said it before...the perfect parallel is Scott Peterson who KNEW he killed his wife Lacey but tried to create a public perception by becoming a grieving husband in the eyes of the media. Fauci is still spinning to this day. His lies are piling up on him now. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Fauci didn’t dismiss the lab leak to appease the media. He dismissed it in hopes that it would throw people off his scent! Ive said it before...the perfect parallel is Scott Peterson who KNEW he killed his wife Lacey but tried to create a public perception by becoming a grieving husband in the eyes of the media. Fauci is still spinning to this day. His lies are piling up on him now. 

I personally don't feel Fauci is covering up to protect his own ass specifically.  He's 80, wealthy, and can retire before it gets really hot and escape any and all consequences of decisions he's made.  Same goes for Francis Collins.  These guys can retire and make money having their balls washed at industry conventions and being a talking head on news channels.    

He's ultimately protecting the clandestine world of virology research, the value of that research in dollars, and the hundreds of millions of dollars in funding for it.  He's a true believer in the cause, and in his eyes, one lab accident, even if it kills millions, shouldn't end the "important" research.  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, dpberr said:

I personally don't feel Fauci is covering up to protect his own ass specifically.  He's 80, wealthy, and can retire before it gets really hot and escape any and all consequences of decisions he's made.  Same goes for Francis Collins.  These guys can retire and make money having their balls washed at industry conventions and being a talking head on news channels.    

He's ultimately protecting the clandestine world of virology research, the value of that research in dollars, and the hundreds of millions of dollars in funding for it.  He's a true believer in the cause, and in his eyes, one lab accident, even if it kills millions, shouldn't end the "important" research.  

I think you're giving him way too much credit. Everyone's first reaction is self preservation. He's no different. So, at first he shrugs it off...thinking "Heck this will all blow over soon enough. My politician 'bosses' are all distracted with an phony impeachment."  Unfortunately for Dr. F the impeachment quickly runs it course and the fake news wambulance pulls up in front of the next "Get Trump" sideshow: Covid!  He finds himself squarely in the crosshairs and he needs to start spinning and fast, because the Devil President has appointed him to appear at daily televised briefings.  Now what does he do?  The gig is up.  Quick, pivot, make yourself into the affable Doctor, protecting America.  This is how a veteran swamp creature survives from one administration to another in Washington DC.  He is the poster child.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Australia is like a big island away from the rest of the world.  The closed down travel into their country from everywhere, even China.  Danged old xenophobes.

Travel restrictions and exemptions

Australia’s borders are currently closed and entry to Australia remains strictly controlled to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Travel to Australia is only available if you are exempt or you have been granted an individual exemption.

Travel restrictions are subject to change in response to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19. You can stay informed with the latest updates by checking this page regularly. If you are transiting through Australia further information can be found on the Transiting Australia webpage.

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/travel-restrictions

Fauci email dump includes ‘sick’ March Madness-style virus bracket

The Dr. Anthony Fauci email dump includes a puzzling image — a March Madness-style tournament bracket of fatal diseases, in which coronavirus emerges as champion.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/05/fauci-files-include-sick-march-madness-style-virus-bracket?utm_source=gmail&utm_campaign=android_nyp

Screenshot_20210605-132336_NYPost.jpg

43 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Fauci email dump includes ‘sick’ March Madness-style virus bracket

The Dr. Anthony Fauci email dump includes a puzzling image — a March Madness-style tournament bracket of fatal diseases, in which coronavirus emerges as champion.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/05/fauci-files-include-sick-march-madness-style-virus-bracket?utm_source=gmail&utm_campaign=android_nyp

Screenshot_20210605-132336_NYPost.jpg

Is this how he decided what the gain of function research grant? 

I have read multiple stories about the reexamination of the origin of Covid which all state "new info" but not one mention what the new info is. Is there anything new? Or is it lack of expected information that caused this?

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I have read multiple stories about the reexamination of the origin of Covid which all state "new info" but not one mention what the new info is. Is there anything new? Or is it lack of expected information that caused this?

Time?  By this time with many bat/insect to animal to human transmissions, the intermediate animal is found.  None found yet.  I'm not sure when the three lab folks that were hospitalized with covid symptoms in Nov was learned.  Perhaps somewhat recently too, but that would be more so China not being transparent.