Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

They pretty much have us all by the balls and they know it.  This was the one thing I really backed Trump on.  He stood up to China.  

You do realize the idiot Trump tariffs (idiotically kept in place by Biden) have contributed significantly to the rising cost of durable goods? Have you thought about buying a refrigerator lately? Just look. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Westside said:

I don’t know, maybe because china gave access to a billion dollars, being paid millions of dollars and giving your father “the big guy” ten percent. They are paid handsomely by our biggest threat to our democracy for a reason.

That's the claim on Biden, but what about the rest of the far left?  

The abortion issue is not going to save the Democrats in November.  

Inflation, another Fed Reserve hike, layoffs from trying to slow the demand side via those hikes, and the costs of energy (and seeing the costs of energy abroad) are going to be fresh in voter minds.  

That assumes they don't bungle averting a rail strike and the Covidians don't start up the "we all need to wear masks in school!" again.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

They pretty much have us all by the balls and they know it.  This was the one thing I really backed Trump on.  He stood up to China.  

It was a deal with the Devil.  The US consumer got everyday low prices at Walmart and the government created a market for buying US treasuries which funded  deficit spending in exchange for enabling the strip mining thousands of small towns and cities across the country of businesses and jobs.   Corporate America got to "globalize" their domestic operations by offshoring manufacturing to use cheap Chinese labor labor in exchange for sharing proprietary and business critical technologies and systems with the CCP.  All in all a great deal until it wasn't.   

On 9/9/2022 at 11:02 AM, B-Man said:

Biden took a booming economy without inflation and turned it into a high-inflation bust

by Larry Kudlow

There's a growing view inside the mainstream media that Joe Biden's recent legislative victories and his recent speeches that MAGA Republicans are a threat to democracy and are "semi-fascists" are going to give the Democrats some midterm momentum and they're going to overtake the GOP by snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. I'm not buying it and here's why you shouldn't either.

First of all, the new legislation is not popular. By 36% to 12%, an Economist-YouGov poll shows that voters believe the IRA legislation will actually increase inflation.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/larry-kudlow-biden-booming-economy-without-inflation-turned-high-inflation-bust

Actual Joe took over with the economy in a year long free fall (growth rate fell 7 percent) and skyrocketing unemploymentt (6.4 percent) due to covid - and as a result no inflation. 

I mean do you guys actually think through the stuff you post? Do you really believe it without doing some simple fact checking? 

Edited by TH3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Irv said:

Dow Jones average down 700+ points today due to higher than thought inflation numbers.  Nice work Demented Biden.  What a mess.  

Over 1,100 now. I think I'm yanking the entire thing out tomorrow. One could do better with a savings account.

2 minutes ago, T&C said:

Over 1,100 now. I think I'm yanking the entire thing out tomorrow. One could do better with a savings account.

Excellent idea to sell low.....wait till it gets high again to buy😄

Edited by TH3

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Excellent idea to sell low.....wait till it gets high again to buy😄

A lot of mine is company stock that doesn't move much. With the feds about to raise interest rates again it doesn't seem worth it... I'll do something else with it.

43 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Actual Joe took over with the economy in a year long free fall (growth rate fell 7 percent) and skyrocketing unemploymentt (6.4 percent) due to covid - and as a result no inflation. 

I mean do you guys actually think through the stuff you post? Do you really believe it without doing some simple fact checking? 

You don't have a clue what you're talking about.  Nice try

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

No. They don’t. They read hot tales from Twitter feeds from pro-Trump GOP (if there’s a remaining normal GOP around I haven’t seen it since 2018) and paste them here without even noticing how absurd some of them are. 
Blame Biden and the Dems all you want for the most recent stimulus package (which was clearly not needed at the time it was passed) and the preposterously named Inflation Reduction Act or the ridiculous student loan forgiveness (any inflationary impact there won’t be seen for a few months). But you can’t rewrite history. Or maybe you can given that a lot of people will believe any garbage hot take that their favorite tweeters post. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

How did that free fall happen?

Double mask everyone!  And no, you won't get Covid if vaccinated.  And no, there are no side effects to the vaccine. 

The Biden regime is working closely with Social Media to make sure any information to the contrary doesn't get out.  

Never ever ever ever put those people anywhere near power. 

Send them all to the sun.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No. They don’t. They read hot tales from Twitter feeds from pro-Trump GOP (if there’s a remaining normal GOP around I haven’t seen it since 2018) and paste them here without even noticing how absurd some of them are. 
Blame Biden and the Dems all you want for the most recent stimulus package (which was clearly not needed at the time it was passed) and the preposterously named Inflation Reduction Act or the ridiculous student loan forgiveness (any inflationary impact there won’t be seen for a few months). But you can’t rewrite history. Or maybe you can given that a lot of people will believe any garbage hot take that their favorite tweeters post. 

Us smart people don't blame Biden for inflation or the economy. However he's in the big chair now so it's his problem to deal with.  When we were first talking about inflation earlier this year I mentioned one of the ways to combat inflation is to raise rates.  I took some ***** for that however it's the easiest tool in the Fed toolbox.  Will raising rates put us in a recession?  It likely has already but that's the price we pay for defeating economic enemy #1.  My question is this.  If inflation IS economic enemy #1 has Biden talked to us at all about it other than the BS IRA Bill? If he did I missed it.  I do seem to remember a recent speech where he talked about another enemy #1.  

2 hours ago, OrangeBills said:

You don't have a clue what you're talking about.  Nice try

Oh really …what educational, professional, and life experience do you bring to the conversation that could lend insight?

I am pretty sure the last decade I have spent  in lending advisement and consulting to the worlds largest banks and financial institutions…and before that 20 years in worldwide business development and  engineering and post grad degree might be better than say …posting obviously misleading but tribally reinforcing memes from political hacks and housewives ….But please….let me know what I don’t have a clue about

1 minute ago, TH3 said:

Oh really …what educational, professional, and life experience do you bring to the conversation that could lend insight?

I am pretty sure the last decade I have spent  in lending advisement and consulting to the worlds largest banks and financial institutions…and before that 20 years in worldwide business development and  engineering and post grad degree might be better than say …posting obviously misleading but tribally reinforcing memes from political hacks and housewives ….But please….let me know what I don’t have a clue about

And with that resume you ended up a Biden supporter? Interesting. 

• Haha (+1) 1