Official Bills Undrafted Free Agent Signings, 7 Open Roster Spots

1 hour ago, Turbo44 said:

With their current roster, Jacksonville drafting Ettiene was idiotic. 

The Ettiene pick had a Russ Brandon vibe to it

50 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Of course he's going to show up.......he's not going to walk away from that guaranteed money.      The question is whether they deem him roster worthy at the end of August.    I'd say that's a 50/50 chance for him or any other minimum salary level quality of player.

We'll see but I'm sure Star knows what's expected of him.  They've been keeping in-contact with him throughout and likely have been monitoring his weight and workouts.  And hopefully the year off has made him realize how much he misses football.

Edited by Doc

40 minutes ago, Doc said:

We'll see but I'm sure Star knows what's expected of him.  They've been keeping in-contact with him throughout and likely have been monitoring his weight and workouts.  And hopefully the year off has made him realize how much he misses football.

Why would we expect Star not too play this year? If that were the case I would expect the Bills would have gone DT in draft. But they should certainly bring in FA. 

5 hours ago, Reks Ryan said:

You totally made up that statistic. Can you name 1 NFL team that had 27 UDFAs  on their 53 man roster at any point in the season last year?

Well...According to pro-football-reference, the Bills had 25 UDFA on their roster last season

Which is pretty close to 27

BUT, that list of roster members includes 69 players (includes PS as well as guys who were IRd or cut), so 25/69 = 36%

I expect the percentage is lower on the actual active roster is lower - it's a bit harder to figure last season with the unique PS rules but running my eyes down the list and not counting guys who were just up for a game, I think I counted 15/53 or 28%

For the guys on the field regularly, it would be 4/22 or 18%

I guess 50% could be true for the off-season 90 man roster

17 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Yessss! Get him innnnnn

Too late he already signed ...with WFT I think

6 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Why would we expect Star not too play this year? If that were the case I would expect the Bills would have gone DT in draft. But they should certainly bring in FA. 

BADOL is thinking Star stands a good chance of not being in shape or motivated. 

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well...According to pro-football-reference, the Bills had 25 UDFA on their roster last season

Which is pretty close to 27

BUT, that list of roster members includes 69 players (includes PS as well as guys who were IRd or cut), so 25/69 = 36%

I expect the percentage is lower on the actual active roster is lower - it's a bit harder to figure last season with the unique PS rules but running my eyes down the list and not counting guys who were just up for a game, I think I counted 15/53 or 28%

For the guys on the field regularly, it would be 4/22 or 18%

I guess 50% could be true for the off-season 90 man roster

Too late he already signed ...with WFT I think

My guess is he “herd” Colin Cowherd say 50% are undrafted, because he says that a LOT. Sorry, I’ve never asked him to show the work on his math.  🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

More broadly,  perhaps not good enough to even make this roster.    

If that's the case, so be it.  Cutting him after June 1st saves almost $500K. 

16 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

More broadly,  perhaps not good enough to even make this roster.    

Hmm my only response is were last year run issues more him being out? Not sure ? My point is we were bad against run so Bills FO assume we are immediately better with him back? Because they up to this juncture have done nothing to improve interior run D. 

1 minute ago, QLBillsFan said:

Hmm my only response is were last year run issues more him being out? Not sure ? My point is we were bad against run so Bills FO assume we are immediately better with him back? Because they up to this juncture have done nothing to improve interior run D. 

Not trying to hijack the thread here.........but the Bills were just middle of the league.......not good........against the run in 2019 with a very healthy defense against one of the easiest schedules they've played in the over 40 years since the league went to 16 games.   They were mediocre against the run against a very tough schedule and with significant injuries to the LB corps last year.    Though they proved capable of shutting down Derrick Henry(his worst game of 2020) and the NFL's top rushing team Baltimore in the playoffs.    The perception that they were terrible against the run, relative to the rest of the league, is incorrect.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Not trying to hijack the thread here.........but the Bills were just middle of the league.......not good........against the run in 2019 with a very healthy defense against one of the easiest schedules they've played in the over 40 years since the league went to 16 games.   They were mediocre against the run against a very tough schedule and with significant injuries to the LB corps last year.    Though they proved capable of shutting down Derrick Henry(his worst game of 2020) and the NFL's top rushing team Baltimore in the playoffs.    The perception that they were terrible against the run, relative to the rest of the league, is incorrect.   

The beauty of having McDermott as HC is that with Buffalo weather, it may hurt our passing game from time to time, but if it hurts our passing game, it definitely makes the opponent one dimensional.  

It’s next to impossible to do anything against a McD Defense if you’re one dimensional. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

Is this a real stat? 

I think not.  See above.  Somewhere around 30% UDFA, more realistic (25-35%).  The other point is most of the PS guys who eventually become solid contributors to an NFL roster take a few years to do so.    Justin Zimmer kicking around the league on 3 different teams, bouncing up and down from the practice squad before getting a shot to play consistently would be a good example.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

If that's the case, so be it.  Cutting him after June 1st saves almost $500K. 

It'll depend on how he shows up and shows out in camp, of course, but given how little the Bills have behind him at 1TDT they seem to be counting on him.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Easy... Jaret Patterson, RB University of Buffalo. 

He is signing  with Washington

22 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Here's where you really find the diamonds in the rough. 50% of NFL players are undrafted. 

More like 30%