Miami Trades Ereck Flowers - OL Line @ #6 Now?

H2o

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/27/miami-trades-ereck-flowers-to-washington/

The Dolphins and Football Team have agreed to a trade that will send Flowers to Washington for a swap of late-round picks, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

Maybe they are going OL @ #6? I'd personally be happy if they passed on any receiving talent like Pitts, Chase, Waddle, or Smith. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, H2o said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/27/miami-trades-ereck-flowers-to-washington/

Maybe they are going OL @ #6? I'd personally be happy if they passed on any receiving talent like Pitts, Chase, Waddle, or Smith. 

Well Flowers sucked anyway, so i don't think him being there should have prevented them from going oline there.

Their offensive line will hold them back if its not addressed - they cant run the ball, and if they don't protect their QB it won't really matter.

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

My guess is they're loving life sitting at 6 with three QBs guaranteed coming off the board and Pitts, Chase, Smith, Waddle all possibly in play.  Maybe they go Sewell but that would be a home run too.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Don’t think a move like this dictates what they do with their 1st pick. 

Correct.  They used a 1st, a 2d and a 4th on tackles last year.  I can’t see them taking Sewell here, even if he’s available.

Edited by mannc
  • Agree 1

Just now, dneveu said:

Well Flowers sucked anyway, so i don't think him being there should have prevented them from going oline there.

Their offensive line will hold them back if its not addressed - they cant run the ball, and if they don't protect their QB it won't really matter.

Flowers turned into a pretty decent G when playing for Washington. Good enough that Miami gave him 3 years and $30 million. How dumb does their FO look right now though? Van Noy? Signed, kept for a year, let go. Shaq Lawson? Signed, kept for a year, traded. Ereck Flowers? Signed, kept for a year, traded. Last offseason for them looks like a complete debacle. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

Yes made me very nauseas, then remembered Mike Williams and that made me throw everything up!!  

haha-- yeah, Williams was probably much worse. What's crazy about Flowers is here I am 20 years later and I am still so delusional that I am wondering whether there was a chance he could have worked out. He was an athletic guy and a lot of us had high hopes for him--I never understood what happened with him. 

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Oh man— the name Erik Flowers brings back some bad Bills’ memories. 

This guy is an even bigger bust, as he was a top ten pick. He was comically bad when with the NY Giants. Some days on WFAN when I was driving home from work (I'm in Jersey, about 6 miles from Meadowlands) and every single call was about how much they hated Ereck Flowers.

Remember when everyone was fawning over Miami's off-season last year? Other than Byron Jones (who was a good pickup), is there anyone from their Spring 2020 shopping spree remaining? 

Just now, H2o said:

Flowers turned into a pretty decent G when playing for Washington. Good enough that Miami gave him 3 years and $30 million. How dumb does their FO look right now though? Van Noy? Signed, kept for a year, let go. Shaq Lawson? Signed, kept for a year, traded. Ereck Flowers? Signed, kept for a year, traded. Last offseason for them looks like a complete debacle. 

I thought it was a big overpay at the time.  Same with everyone the jets signed.  

Just now, thurst44 said:

This guy is an even bigger bust, as he was a top ten pick. He was comically bad when with the NY Giants. Some days on WFAN when I was driving home from work (I'm in Jersey, about 6 miles from Meadowlands) and every single call was about how much they hated Ereck Flowers.

Remember when everyone was fawning over Miami's off-season last year? Other than Byron Jones (who was a good pickup), is there anyone from their Spring 2020 shopping spree remaining? 

Byron jones at top 5 money is a bit excessive, but he's a good player at least.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, H2o said:

Sure. Why not? We can’t get to the QB anyway. 

11 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Agree with your first take. They want to give the impression that OL is in their plan with first selection. 

Nah.

They'll take an offensive weapon at 6 and a defender later in the 1st. 

I do think they'd be wise to add a tackle, though, and kick Robert Hunt inside. They'd have: Jackson - Kindley - Karras - Hunt - rookie (Eichenberg/Jenkins/Cosmi,etc). Much better than what they have now.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Nah.

They'll take an offensive weapon at 6 and a defender later in the 1st. 

I do think they'd be wise to add a tackle, though, and kick Robert Hunt inside. They'd have: Jackson - Kindley - Karras - Hunt - rookie (Eichenberg/Jenkins/Cosmi,etc). Much better than what they have now.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/27/dolphins-to-move-robert-hunt-from-tackle-to-guard-may-draft-a-tackle-in-first-round/

According to Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald, the Dolphins will move starting right tackle Robert Hunt to right guard, and drafting offensive tackle Penei Sewell of Oregon with the sixth overall pick is a possibility.

Maybe Miami is truly looking @ OT with #6?

25 minutes ago, mannc said:

Correct.  The used a 1st, a 2d and a 4th on tackles last year.  I can’t see them taking Sewell here, even if he’s available.

They aren’t fast enough? 😃 🍻 

If the Bills actually want an explosive RB offer San Francisco a 5th for Mostert.    $3M cap hit in his walk year.  

They might even take it.

The Shanahan camp always leads the league in runnin' back arrogance and I guess since his dad is grandfathered in he still has a coupon for a dozen of them for a dime.

28 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

And they appear to have whiffed on their three first round picks last year...I know it’s early, but none of the three looks good to this point...

• Like (+1) 1