Miami Trades Ereck Flowers - OL Line @ #6 Now?

H2o

5 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

haha-- yeah, Williams was probably much worse. What's crazy about Flowers is here I am 20 years later and I am still so delusional that I am wondering whether there was a chance he could have worked out. He was an athletic guy and a lot of us had high hopes for him--I never understood what happened with him. 

Met Mike Williams mother at the airport in Charlotte when he was still playing for the Bill. She said and I quote  ( His Girlfriend needs to stop feeding him)

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think Flowers has ever been a decent NFL guard, he is a train wreck at guard or tackle. How he keeps getting signed is a mystery to me. It was a dumb move the moment Miami made it last year. 

Agree with others though it does not affect #6. I mean if Sewell is there they should take him, but I say that as an Austin Jackson sceptic and they drafted him in the 1st so they won't do it. 

The Bengals should take Sewell, but they’re the Bengals so they won’t take Sewell.  When it comes to LTs, you tend to get what you pay for.  It’s common for several WRs from a single draft to have excellent careers.  That’s not true of LTs, and this year doesn’t appear to be the exception.  There’s Sewell and a bunch of guys who look more like RTs.

2 minutes ago, Billl said:

The Bengals should take Sewell, but they’re the Bengals so they won’t take Sewell.  When it comes to LTs, you tend to get what you pay for.  It’s common for several WRs from a single draft to have excellent careers.  That’s not true of LTs, and this year doesn’t appear to be the exception.  There’s Sewell and a bunch of guys who look more like RTs.

100% agree the Bengals are idiots if they don't take Sewell. I think they might though. The idea that anyone knows what the Bengals are doing is for the birds. They are the smallest front office in football and they don't have scouts out there leaking info to reporters. I never underestimate Mike Brown's ability to screw stuff up but I think they are going to take Sewell. 

If they don't Miami should, but also won't. Detroit should (despite having a decent left tackle) then Carolina should, then Denver should (unless they go QB). It is kind of that simple.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

They could draft the next Erik Flowers!!

Yet another top 10 O-line pick cautionary tale...

"Freak Athlete" "Generational" "Pro Ready" -  must improve his hand usage, technique, footwork... 

So he's pro ready, but he needs to improve at every aspect of the position.  And he'll start day 1 because you spent so much to acquire him.  

If I'm the Bengals I draft the best offensive weapon available in round 1 and go OL in round 2. There will be a good OL where they pick in one of the first picks of the 2nd round.

the Bengals need some spark. They just seem like a boring, outdated team. 

Edited by TheFunPolice