Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

He did it to himself.

This is very true - do not combine your politics directly to your business because you piss off at least 40% of your customers and the other 60% don't want to hear about it that often. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Doc said:

He did it to himself.

How so?  Everyone trump touches turns to shite.  They sometimes get a coat of gold paint but it quickly wears off and it always smells.

9 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

This is very true - do not combine your politics directly to your business because you piss off at least 40% of your customers and the other 60% don't want to hear about it that often. 

you mean like the NFT's trump sells?  Or the hotel rooms he rented to diplomats and law enforcement while he was prez or the hundreds of other grifter schemes he mixes with his politics?  But you're right.  The only one who ultimately wins financially is him.  And that may be ending, in court, pretty soon.

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/14/europe/russia-lgbtq-rights-gender-reassignment-surgery-intl/index.html

Remarkable how closely MAGA's and the Russians agree on this issue.

Looks like Europe is also pushing back…

Countries like the UK, Sweden, Finland,  Norway, and France have banned gender treatment for minors…👍

https://news.yahoo.com/europe-pumps-brakes-transgender-care-165729198.html

The article claims the US is now the outlier, not only in our medical groups pressuring law makers for gender treatment, but also encouraging it for minors…

So, it’s not just MAGA who thinks it’s crazy….It’s most of our allies, as well…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/11/2023 at 6:42 PM, T&C said:

This is just tragic.  She holds the lady down with a pillowcase while she;s being brutalized, then stabs her multiple times herself.  I saw an interview where she lamented how Manson got in her head.

I would be fine with a life sentence being served in full. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This is just tragic.  She holds the lady down with a pillowcase while she;s being brutalized, then stabs her multiple times herself.  I saw an interview where she lamented how Manson got in her head.

I would be fine with a life sentence being served in full. 

It's called a cult...

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

The term existential threat keeps coming up.  Carpe diem, especially if you live in Fla

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/12/us/florida-ocean-heat-coral-bleaching-climate/index.html

I moved to Florida in 2001 and basically every other year we get a climate apocalypse narrative based on whatever is happening. In 2004 when I had three hurricanes go directly over my house I was warned but then we did not have the longest stretch in recorded history of no major hurricanes. Earth is gonna change we adapt or we die, unless you believe the Mr Burns plan is reasonable 

55 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I moved to Florida in 2001 and basically every other year we get a climate apocalypse narrative based on whatever is happening. In 2004 when I had three hurricanes go directly over my house I was warned but then we did not have the longest stretch in recorded history of no major hurricanes. Earth is gonna change we adapt or we die, unless you believe the Mr Burns plan is reasonable 

MrBurns?  From that cartoon the youngin's watch?  Or someone differnt?  i'm gonna go with (dum dee dum dee dum dum dum) Farmer's insurance statisticians here.  Just a wild guess.  prol still time to get out.

Edited by redtail hawk

11 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

If only they knew …

Same people that take this literally:

PAGELS: The images that have always captured people, one of them is an image of an enormous bright red beast with seven heads, with crowns on his head - a violent, raging, threatening monster.

Another is a giant ***** called the ***** of Babylon, who sits on the back of one of these monsters, one of these dragons with seven heads, bright red, and she's drinking from a golden cup the blood of innocent people who have been killed.

Then there's another image of Jesus coming forth from the sky and starting the battle of Armageddon, which ends in, you know, heaps and heaps of corpses at the end of the book.

Nice, huh?

Edited by redtail hawk

56 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

MrBurns?  From that cartoon the youngin's watch?  Or someone differnt?  i'm gonna go with (dum dee dum dee dum dum dum) Farmer's insurance statisticians here.  Just a wild guess.  prol still time to get out.

Back when I was young the Simpsons did an episode where Mr. Burns blocks the sun, I have discussed it in the actually global warming thread at one point, forgot which thread I was in.  Though if the seas does rise I am about 40 ft above sea level and the ocean will just be closer at that point.

5 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Back when I was young the Simpsons did an episode where Mr. Burns blocks the sun, I have discussed it in the actually global warming thread at one point, forgot which thread I was in.  Though if the seas does rise I am about 40 ft above sea level and the ocean will just be closer at that point.

Cool..Whom I kidding?  It's not even cool in the blue ridge at ummm...9 pm?  At least the course was uncrowded.  
Pool was full.

Edited by redtail hawk

4 minutes ago, T&C said:

from the link:

"She is not going to want to do anything but go by the book. The challenge is there has never been a book like this," said Kendall Coffey, a former U.S. Attorney in Miami who served on the advisory committee that reviewed Cannon's judicial application. He said he was impressed with her credentials and felt confident she would be able to oversee the case fairly.

Ulcers forming and insomnia raging...

Lawyers?

Edited by redtail hawk

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

F1Xy5PfXoAInaBH?format=jpg&name=small

Yes, liberals re generally more creative and vice versa.  But I'm liking Sheryl Crow even more after this.  What's not to like?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/19/entertainment/sheryl-crow-jason-aldean-small-towns/index.html

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

F1Xy5PfXoAInaBH?format=jpg&name=small

And yet Neil Young's Ohio made it through... Have any of these libs listened to cop rap?

• Like (+1) 1