Jump to content

Grey Facemasks?


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Ya think?

 

I actually like the gray face masks!  They provide a little contrast to the overall helmet.

 

The white blends in and looks too slick and cheesy for my taste, kind of like when athletes wear white cleats.

 

Black cleats always look better. 

 

 

I mean, grey have been our default facemasks for 3 or so years now .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Buftex said:

I know this is a joke...and I am as obsessive as any Bills fan...but I have never understood how adamant people are about their preference for face-mask colors.  To be honest, I barely even notice it.

Gross. It’s extremely important.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Boxcar said:

Sweet robe though

Kinda warmed to the white ones tbh but a throwback helmet would be nice for some games.

Throwback?? WTH do you think we’re wearing now?😳

lemme guess; millennial. Right?🤦‍♂️ 

5 hours ago, HankBulloughMellencamp said:

 

The white ones are fine & dandy, but a return to the Fergy/Haslett-era blue facemasks would be 💥 totally amazing 💥

It would clash ugly with the red unis! Wait... Great Idea!😉👍

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t really notice the white face masks so much when watching the game, but looking at them side by side, the white looks much better. It enhances photos and videos more so than what I’m looking at while watching the game

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Throwback?? WTH do you think we’re wearing now?😳

lemme guess; millennial. Right?🤦‍♂️ 

It would clash ugly with the red unis! Wait... Great Idea!😉👍

Correct, my balls do not yet look like a pair of prunes.

 

What else would we call them? Sure, they wore white like 80 years ago, but the red helmets are still throwbacks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BillsfaninSB said:

While both versions are acceptable here is the rule of thumb.

 

In America use “A” - GRAY

in England use “E” - GREY

My rule is to use whatever spellcheck, Alexa or Google tell me to because it's not worth the arguement. 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, HankBulloughMellencamp said:

 

The white ones are fine & dandy, but a return to the Fergy/Haslett-era blue facemasks would be 💥 totally amazing 💥

 

I'm sure I have no idea as to what it is you're referring...

 

🤔 :devil:

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, warrior9 said:

I mean, grey have been our default facemasks for 3 or so years now .

 

So, it looks like when the Bills went back to white helmets in 2011 the facemasks were gray.  Then from 2012 through 2016 they were white, and from 2017 to now they've been gray (with one white game thrown in during the season in 2019 and 2020).  Personally, I like the white but the gray didn't bother me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, eball said:

 

So, it looks like when the Bills went back to white helmets in 2011 the facemasks were gray.  Then from 2012 through 2016 they were white, and from 2017 to now they've been gray (with one white game thrown in during the season in 2019 and 2020).  Personally, I like the white but the gray didn't bother me.

Nope.  They were always gray face masks since switching over to the white helmets (minus the Cowboys and 49ers games).  They now have a stormtrooper look to them.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Nope.  They were always gray face masks since switching over to the white helmets (minus the Cowboys and 49ers games).  They now have a stormtrooper look to them.

 

Oh, ok, I was going by the gridiron uniform database and it looked like the helmets had white facemasks during those years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Nope.  They were always gray face masks since switching over to the white helmets (minus the Cowboys and 49ers games).  They now have a stormtrooper look to them.


Thank you.  I thought it was 99% gray. Bills also had white face masks against the Jets on Thursday night (color rush game) back in ‘16 IIRC. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...