Carlos Dunlap back to Seahawks

6 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Beanes a genius I tell you....😅 

You are being sarcastic. Unfortunately for your point, you're absolutely correct.

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

He would’ve been fine at that price if we would’ve won a SB with him.  

Keeping Addison and not adding one of the FA DEs will turn out to be Beanes biggest blunder this offseason

Look, a shiny object!! And I've got a credit card right here in my pocket!

What an amazing coincidence!

Edited by Thurman#1

He’s really only getting $8.5 mil. as they can get out of the deal next year.  As far as a blunder, I don’t know.  Half of me wanted Ngakoue, but I understand not doing it as they have Edmunds and Allen coming up.  I can see Allen this summer and Edmunds getting the 5th year option as that will be cheaper.  He’s making a smart decision not kicking the can.

I understand the frustration.  Heck I wanted Jonnu Smith, one of the Star DE’s, but then again I also hate using a credit card.

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

He’s really only getting $8.5 mil. as they can get out of the deal next year.  As far as a blunder, I don’t know.  Half of me wanted Ngakoue, but I understand not doing it as they have Edmunds and Allen coming up.  I can see Allen this summer and Edmunds getting the 5th year option as that will be cheaper.  He’s making a smart decision not kicking the can.

I understand the frustration.  Heck I wanted Jonnu Smith, one of the Star DE’s, but then again I also hate using a credit card.

They already used the credit card . 

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

You are being sarcastic. Unfortunately for your point, you're absolutely correct.

Look, a shiny object!! And I've got a credit card right here in my pocket!

What an amazing coincidence!

you’re one of the posters that I tend to agree with the most.  Do you really think keeping Addison and not replacing him with someone will turn out to be a good move?  His pass rush was non existent last season.  He really didn’t do anything “well” imo.  What did he do “well” in your opinion.  

It was a fact that pass rush was our most glaring need on the defensive side of the ball (the ability to run the ball effectively was on O).  What have we done to improve it?  Obada?  Great move.  Sign me up.  I’m happy that we signed him. We had the ability to sign another, especially if we cut Addison to create more room. 

shiny new toys aren’t always the answer.  Old broken down toys that were a problem in the past tend to never be the answer.  I’d have rolled the dice on shiny and new rather than old and broken.  Addison stunk last year and was part of the problem.  I hope he proves me wrong

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

He did add a free agent defensive end

Yeah....and I’m happy with that signing. Great value.  Not sure how anyone could be happy about paying Addison around 10M.  Dude was not good and there isn’t a person alive that could convince me otherwise.  For his price tag, Addison was one of the worst value players in the league.  Someone posted a link to an article that he was the worst free agent acquisition in the league last year.  Maybe that’s overblown?  Maybe that’s right on target.  Either way, I’m not a fan of paying below average players that much money.  

• Like (+1) 2

Bills need a closer more than anything else. Oliver has as much probability turning into one as the thirty year olds available in free agency right now.  Not against bringing one of these thirty year olds in or Clowney but they don’t deserve more than Hughes/Addison money. 

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yeah....and I’m happy with that signing. Great value.  Not sure how anyone could be happy about paying Addison around 10M.  Dude was not good and there isn’t a person alive that could convince me otherwise.  For his price tag, Addison was one of the worst value players in the league.  Someone posted a link to an article that he was the worst free agent acquisition in the league last year.  Maybe that’s overblown?  Maybe that’s right on target.  Either way, I’m not a fan of paying below average players that much money.  

Didnt Addison take a pay cut?  Or was it a pay cut to 10 million

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Didnt Addison take a pay cut?  Or was it a pay cut to 10 million

Yeah, he took a little pay cut.  Too lazy to look how much but I’m pretty sure he’s still getting 8-9M