Bills sign Mitch Trubisky, QB.

Logic

12 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I actually blamed Nagy for most of it. 
He did not put his players in a good position to succeed at all. The wideout talent isn’t great but changing the scheme up he could of gotten way better production. The offensive line might of been the worst unit in football last year. Mitch isn’t elite, but he has some potential not unlocked imo 

Agreed. I always thought he got the shaft because of how good Mahomes was. Trubisky started two playoff games in 4 years. Thats not an easy feat

Guys, guys???

We all know why the Bills signed Trubisky?

It is for the most important reason you can think of.

The Bills wanna go unbeaten in the preseason without using Allen much at all and Trubisky is the answer. 😁😁😁😁

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Guys, guys???

We all know why the Bills signed Trubisky?

It is for the most important reason you can think of.

The Bills wanna go unbeaten in the preseason without using Allen much at all and Trubisky is the answer. 😁😁😁😁

Yeah, 2-0 will be awesome!

• Haha (+1) 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet.  Not only do the Bills get a top back up QB at a bargain price, they’ll likely get a comp pick if he leaves in FA after this season.  Really sweet move by Beane. 

Edited by BarleyNY

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Also, could you imagine this happening in 2018 when Trubisky was white hot and Allen was thought of as an erratic bum.

Just a couple years ago, my hope for Josh Allen is that his Year 2 would be similar to Trubisky's Year 2.

And it kinda was ...

... but then Trubisky's Year 3-4 were garbage, and Allen's Year 3? Well, we all know how that went.

Trubisky is kind of an Allen (Super)Lite for me. I like having a backup who has a similar skill set as the starter. I mean, he's far from having Allen's talent, but he's closer to Allen that any Barkley or Fromm will ever be. If (heaven forbid) Allen were to miss 6 games, I could easily see Mitch go 3-3 or 4-2 at the helm. That's kind of what a backup is supposed to offer.  I hope he sticks, at least for this year. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet.  Not only do the Bills get a top back up QB at a bargain price, they’ll likely get a 3rd round comp pick if he leaves in FA after this season.  Really sweet move by Beane. 

Doubtful unless he plays a bunch of games and shines.  And we don't want that to happen (but if it does, so be it).

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Doubtful unless he plays a bunch of games and shines.  And we don't want that to happen (but if it does, so be it).

Even back up QBs get paid well and a big part of the formula is contract, but you’re right - a third isn’t happening unless something crazy happens.  I’ll edit my previous post. 

14 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Even back up QBs get paid well and a big part of the formula is contract, but you’re right - a third isn’t happening unless something crazy happens.  I’ll edit my previous post. 

The formula is shrouded in secrecy so I can't tell you if a, say, $5M backup QB's salary is scaled compared to other backup positions, thus dropping the comp pick.  And all I want is for Mitch to be a good soldier and backup for the Bills and play well if called upon and that's it.  Anything else is gravy.

13 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

How do you figure?

Barkley only started one game with the Bills so how can you fairly evaluate him?

He’s been in the league long enough to know what kind of player he is. He’s not good. 

I don’t need him start more games for us to tell me what I already know. 

3 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

He threw for over 230 yards and put up over 40 points in the only game he started with the Bills.

And Trubisky got benched for Nick Foles so how good can he really be?

Over 230 yards!? That totally changes everything!

Trubisky is better than Barkley. If you want to think otherwise then have fun but you’re going to be the only one living on that fantasy world.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NJKBillsfan said:

How do you figure?

Barkley only started one game with the Bills so how can you fairly evaluate him?

Barkley is a career 58% passer with 11 TDs and 22 INTs.

Trubisky is a career 64% passer with 64 TDs and 37 INTs.

This isn’t rocket surgery.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2