Ike Boettger tendered

11 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Yeah, I suppose...but is there a huge difference between Bates and Mongo @ C?

I'm not sure but considering last season in Mongo's first game back Morse got hurt, we had Bates in at Center and moved Mongo there a series later. 

46 minutes ago, Doc said:

I’m still surprised they didn’t tender Levi Wallace.

You shoudn't be.  Levi is not a good CB.  His ceiling is very low because of his lack of athleticism.  Ike is good and has a pretty high ceiling to be a very solid NFL offensive lineman.

Very nice.  Bills now have 7 OL in the core.

Dawkins

Williams

Morse

Feliciano

Ford

Ike B

Bates (probably not a lock)

2 to camp

Adams

Dewey

I still can see a draft pick to compete with Bates/Adams or Dewey along with a few more camp bodies

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Dawkins

Williams

Morse

Feliciano

Ford

Ike B

2 to camp

Adams

Dewey

I still can see a draft pick to compete with Bates/Adams or Dewey along with a few more camp bodies

And they will draft Humphrey or Dickerson 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm a fan of keeping continuity on the offensive line.   Maybe Ford wins out his position and hopefully we get an upgrade at one of the guard spots, but considering that the Bills have pretty much kept their core team in tact for me is already off to a great start this offseason. 

8 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Long term C to take over Morse... could provide competition for Ford at G in 2021..

That would make sense.  I guess the only thing left is bring in some bodies to compete with Bates at Swing Tackle.

Glad we took care of that!  I'll shoot an email to Beane.  LOL.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

why did they delay this? was the sane move to make. Nice - he was actually the glue guy on the OL last season.

Because they could!

So 7 returning players from last years line that played significant minutes.  Probably still could use a backup tackle, would prefer a vet, but can't see them going another whole year without drafting one.  Though I think they'd learn more towards drafting a center.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

Are Nsekhe and Winters the only OL not returning?  If so, that's pretty good.  The team finished 13-3 (15-4) and had a prolific offense, so OL continuity is good.  Obviously, they need to improve the run game, but some of that could be RB and some could be play-calling/scheme, which are correctable with the current OL bodies.  Plus, Feliciano was injured at the beginning of the season and Ford was in the middle and at the end, so having both healthy could help the line overall.

Ford/Ike, Morse/Feliciano, Feliciano/Ike as our interior line, with Bates as a backup across the board, isn't bad.

I don't know much about Devey or Adams, but I assume they are camp bodies that will compete with Bates any draft picks/UDFAs for final backup spots and PS spots.

My guess is we explored upgrading the Guard position, but in the end Boetteger was what we could afford. Played fairly well last season, hopefully Ike is taking advantage of the offseason to get stronger and quicker.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Are you guys liking me or my post?  I didn't actually tender him myself....just wanted to make that clear.

Rumor is that you were tender with him not that you tendered him. Get your comprehension straight....

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

How long is the window open for teams to make him an offer?

That's a great question.  I was just looking for this info myself. 

I believe in the past it's been ~ a 6 week period, so some time around April 27th or 28th.  Then the team that extended the tender has 5 days to match the offer - not sure if that means the last day to make an offer is 5 days before it ends or ??

Anyone else here got the straight stuff?

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Dawkins

Williams

Morse

Feliciano

Ford

Ike B

2 to camp

Adams

Dewey

Who is "Dewey"?

• Like (+1) 1