Darnold to Seattle possible

1 minute ago, zevo said:

As long a Wilson isn’t going the other way...

Hot take ... I actually don’t think Wilson is that great, but for sure - id rather that not happen.  

Would have to be Russ saying no to NY, because if Carroll likes Sam and the Jets have draft capital... why not?

He looks like Fitz uglier littler brother but unless the Jets get blown away by a trade offer, they should just keep him. That situation he has been in was a joke. On paper, they are already a much better team with a coach who isn’t a complete weirdo. 

I would trade down, pick up more picks, and continue to build that roster. Then if Darnold isn’t the guy, a new guy could step into a good situation. Of course, they are the Jets so I’m sure they will do something dumb. 

8 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Wasn't there some noise about Ciara having a lot to say regarding where Mr. Ciara ended up playing?  Time to dust off her 'Lisa Douglas' imitation? 🤔😁

I think you mean Mr. UN

LIIIIIMMMITTTED

I'm unhappy with a team that competes for a SB every year, therefore please trade me to the Bears. Makes sense.

This will never not be funny, and true

Edited by Boxcar
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He looks like Fitz uglier littler brother but unless the Jets get blown away by a trade offer, they should just keep him. That situation he has been in was a joke. On paper, they are already a much better team with a coach who isn’t a complete weirdo. 

I would trade down, pick up more picks, and continue to build that roster. Then if Darnold isn’t the guy, a new guy could step into a good situation. Of course, they are the Jets so I’m sure they will do something dumb. 

Have you really watch Zach Wilson?  Not a fan?  I think he’s got all the tools to be a super star. The Jets may screw that up....again....but I wouldn’t be able to pass him up for what I’ve seen from Darnold to this point. 

i’m in the group that believes Darnold had no chance in his first 3 years and can still develop into a good starting QB.  Here’s the problem:  he has 1 cheap contract year left and will be forced into paying him or letting him go soon.  A new HC and GM that didn’t draft him.  That usually doesn’t bode well for the incumbent QB that hasn’t accomplished anything.

If Saleh and Douglas like Wilson nearly as much as I do, it’s a no brainer.   Trade Darnold and draft your new QB who you have under rookie contract for the next half decade

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, zevo said:

As long a Wilson isn’t going the other way...

The article states Wilson has a no trade clause and he will only accept a trade to four teams (Bears, Saints, Cowboys, Raiders). Dallas is out since they signed Dak. According to the Daily News the Bears are the favorite for Wilson and Carroll likes Darnold which is why we will hear Darnold to Seattle assuming Wilson gets traded.

15 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

David Carr on NFLN says Chicago, which makes sense with them clearing cap space (and GM & HC on the hot seat)

I get that the Bears would be (and should be) interested in Wilson...but what do they have to offer the Seahwaks?  

49 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Have you really watch Zach Wilson?  Not a fan?  I think he’s got all the tools to be a super star. The Jets may screw that up....again....but I wouldn’t be able to pass him up for what I’ve seen from Darnold to this point. 

i’m in the group that believes Darnold had no chance in his first 3 years and can still develop into a good starting QB.  Here’s the problem:  he has 1 cheap contract year left and will be forced into paying him or letting him go soon.  A new HC and GM that didn’t draft him.  That usually doesn’t bode well for the incumbent QB that hasn’t accomplished anything.

If Saleh and Douglas like Wilson nearly as much as I do, it’s a no brainer.   Trade Darnold and draft your new QB who you have under rookie contract for the next half decade

Wilson is interesting. But he looks like such a d bag (can’t shake the Jimmy Clausen/ Tate Martel look) and his lack of competition. Also, I heard he wasn’t a captain which is a huge red flag because every qb is.

dude has some skills though. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Wilson is interesting. But he looks like such a d bag (can’t shake the Jimmy Clausen/ Tate Martel look) and his lack of competition. Also, I heard he wasn’t a captain which is a huge red flag because every qb is.

dude has some skills though. 

Hahaha....Tate. Don’t mention that kid.  Met him a bunch of times when he was in HS.  He’s even worse in person. 

• Haha (+1) 1