TBD's fave Wyatt Teller in the news

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I am not a hunter but the people who get mad at hunters are annoying as hell.  

Good to know!

I might take that up just for the fun of it! 

I know, I desperately need a hobby........  🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I have no problem with people hunting as a sport/food source. I grew up in a household with firearms, and even reloading equipment.

On the other hand, people who would kill a rare, big game animal simply to make their D••k seem bigger, should themselves, be shot.

I agree.

6 hours ago, teef said:

one of those tweets is correct.  i have to imagine those things can get out of control in terms of numbers if there isn't some hunting involved.  god know how many deer we see just casually crossing the road and eating the ***** in my yard.  they even stare and snort at you if you come to close, like they own the place.

They snort because they’re laughing at how much your property taxes are.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

It was just a couple generations ago that alligators were in danger of going extinct. Now they're over populated in some areas. It's definitely a balance. The only hunters I have an issue with are the ones who go to Africa to kill giraffes, elephants, rhinos etc, or who kill sleeping bears who are hibernating with their cubs. Better Teller is the one hunting gators than me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I guaran-*****-tee it that the same people who are all "inhumane!" "oh, the poor animal!" would be speed-dialing Animal Control and begging "DO SOMETHING!" if they were renting a house in Florida and found it in their pool

Yeah, there are an estimated 1 million gators in Florida and they are a problem where they've decided human habitations make good gator habitat.

We took the kids down to Disney in Orlando for years. One of the first things you learn is, if there is water, assume there could be a gator. Take no chances. What happened to that poor toddler at one of their resorts a few years back was horrific.

• Agree 2

If it were a Rhino a Giraffe or a Lion I could see some people being upset......I might think a little less of him too.

Deer moose wild boars and alligators to me are good targets as they are still plentiful and 3 of the 4 are good eating :)

Maybe he can get a pair of cowboy boots made out of its hide :)

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

If it were a Rhino a Giraffe or a Lion I could see some people being upset......I might think a little less of him too.

Deer moose wild boars and alligators to me are good targets as they are still plentiful and 3 of the 4 are good eating :)

The first time Jim Kelly was on Letterman, he (JK) showed off his new pair of alligator skin cowboy boots.  This is like, 1991 or something?  like the rest of undergrad years, details are hazy

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

wait...... which one isnt good cause i like all 4 lol didnt like gator?

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They snort because they’re laughing at how much your property taxes are.

they ***** probably do, but they love my yard.  last summer i was looking out of our back kitchen window, and i saw something move by the back edge of our pool.  i went to check it out and sure enough, a baby deer was chilling out in some landscaping.  i was in the very back corner, so it had to walk into a gated area, cross over a bunch of stone, and find a place to rest.  i had zero idea what to do so we googled it.  apparently mother deer will drop off baby deer in a safe location when they scavenge for food.  gone when i woke up the next morning.  my yard is now a ***** daycare center for deer.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Absolutely, people who shoot endangered species for trophies - the best I can say is "I don't get it".  But deer in the suburbs in America are like dandelions, pretty in the abstract but a nuisance to your garden. 

Wild boar and alligators are a dangerous over-population problem.

I don't know about moose but I could see them being over-populated in some areas.

And of course, ultimately over-populated prey species suffer because Mom Nature takes care of the population through starvation and disease.

49 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

wait...... which one isnt good cause i like all 4 lol didnt like gator?

Well, wild boar have something called "boar taint" which gives a very strong taste to the meat

https://www.boartaint.com/en/what-is-boartaint.aspx

51 minutes ago, teef said:

they ***** probably do, but they love my yard.  last summer i was looking out of our back kitchen window, and i saw something move by the back edge of our pool.  i went to check it out and sure enough, a baby deer was chilling out in some landscaping.  i was in the very back corner, so it had to walk into a gated area, cross over a bunch of stone, and find a place to rest.  i had zero idea what to do so we googled it.  apparently mother deer will drop off baby deer in a safe location when they scavenge for food.  gone when i woke up the next morning.  my yard is now a ***** daycare center for deer.  

Awwww!  That's soooooo adorable!!  Enjoy the ticks and lyme disease!

Haven't seen the cartoon in a number of years but often seen it circulating:

Shows three bucks standing on their hind legs with guns on their shoulders and 3 or 4 men strung up and the one buck says to the other "Look at the horn on that one!"

PS I'm not a hunter BTW!

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Awwww!  That's soooooo adorable!!  Enjoy the ticks and lyme disease!

that's why i can't stand them.  it was so bad the last two years that we have to check the kids for ticks when they come back from playing in short grass.  it's gross.

20 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I live in a rural area, and Deer are all over the place. I see them right out my window. Last spring was a bad season for Ticks, in Upstate, NY.  While doing work on the property, I had a total of EIGHT Tick bites last spring. I tested negative for Lyme, and I feel fine. (Knock on wood)

it's awful.  my dog was sitting next to me after a walk, and i could see these very small insects crawling on him...deer ticks.  

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I live in a rural area, and Deer are all over the place. I see them right out my window. Last spring was a bad season for Ticks, in Upstate, NY.  While doing work on the property, I had a total of EIGHT Tick bites last spring. I tested negative for Lyme, and I feel fine. (Knock on wood)

I think the solution is get a lot of stray cats so the ticks go to them.  A ton of cats are always good.