Bills prospect TE Tommy Tremble

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Thanks for this. I couldn’t figure out what to think about this conversation cause for every draft profile I find detailing how good a blocker he is, there’s another saying he can’t block at all. I was very confused about it.

Here’s a write up detailing his blocking value: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/irish.nbcsports.com/2021/01/08/notre-dame-te-tommy-tremble-heads-to-nfl-as-run-blocker-extraordinaire/amp/

Everyone who says he can't block has clearly never watched an actual Notre Dame game. Tony Dungy loves the kid and raved about him every single broadcast. In the replay breakdowns you would see him demolishing people at the LOS, and at the 2nd level, being the main reason Kyren Williams was able to get loose. I wish they would have used him in the passing game more because his athleticism is freakish to say the least. They tried to convince him to come back by promising to feature him more, but he already got enough info from people to know where he stands in the eyes of NFL scouts/FO personnel. I think it was a good call to enter the draft for him as I expect he will be better utilized in the NFL than he was in college. 

12 hours ago, wagne591 said:

I think we need another TE in place of Kroft, and maybe Tremble will be it. Two great nick names School of Hard Know and the Aftershock as our TE's. I still believe in Knox..it takes a lot of receivers in the league about 3 years to come to life and Knox had a great second half of the season after dealing with COVID. 

If drafting Tremble for his blocking prowess alone can make me say goodbye to Lee Smith, then count me in.

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

I wish they would have used him in the passing game more because his athleticism is freakish to say the least.

See this was the thing I noticed even when I didn't think he blocked great against Clemson. He had a couple of nice catches but the play where he gets out, shows a nice awareness in zone, adjusts well to a typically off target Ian Book pass and then hurdles the defender really flashed as you say "freakish" athleticism. I think his 40 time will be big for him because a capable and willing run blocker with some athletic upside in this class could easily end up going day 2. Not a great TE group. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The words "Bills" "prospect" and "TE" strung together should give us all agita.

I don’t know.  When you look at the 3 best TE’s in the game (Kelce, Kittle, Waller), none of them had huge college production except for kelce’s last year at Cincy and none were drafted in first 2 rounds.  

16 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ideal Role: F-alignment tight end.

Scheme Fit: High motion, high volume perimeter concepts, high play-action passing ratio.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-draft-scouting-report--te-tommy-tremble

Projected round 3-5

I will admit I'm weirded out by his name, but if he brings good competition to the TE room at a draft slot we can take, I'm all for it.

Tommy Sweeney will replace Lee Smith as the primary blocking TE but also provide more in the passing game (assuming he's healthy). I think Knox will take a big step next year and prove all the doubters wrong. He's very much like Josh in terms of his early development, so year 3 could be big.  Reggie Gilliam will need to make it on his Special Teams contributions or show the ability to play the fullback role that is currently missing. That said, I would be all for adding a guy like Tremble to this mix to get more of a threat out of the position.

7 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I don’t know.  When you look at the 3 best TE’s in the game (Kelce, Kittle, Waller), none of them had huge college production except for kelce’s last year at Cincy and none were drafted in first 2 rounds.  

or by the Bills.  TE has always been an afterthought for the franchise 

On 2/26/2021 at 8:16 PM, wagne591 said:

I think we need another TE in place of Kroft, and maybe Tremble will be it. Two great nick names School of Hard Know and the Aftershock as our TE's. I still believe in Knox..it takes a lot of receivers in the league about 3 years to come to life and Knox had a great second half of the season after dealing with COVID. 

What really bugs me is all the move on guys in here. Everyone to a man in the Bills org whose been around Knox raves about his potential. They talk about how he's raw talent that was never developed, much the same as Josh. Given time and repetition he will be a top tier TE in the NFL. If we moved on at the rate these guys suggest we'd be back in the preCoachMcD. Some guys need time and quality coaching. I happen to be in the camp that thinks we will be very happy to have Knox when the coaching and practice all comes together for him. I believe in Dawson Knox especially when he has a proper offseason.