Jump to content

Danielle Hunter perfect trade target


Gambit
 Share

Recommended Posts

https://buffalowdown.com/2021/02/24/buffalo-bills-danielle-hunter-perfect-trade-target-offseason/

 

I thought that this was a intriguing idea. It's clearly all hypothetical but I do wonder what it would take to pry him away. Before missing last season, he had back to back 14.5 sack seasons. The guy is a beast. Which means he's also going to want to be paid a lot. 

  • Vomit 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

I was intrigued until I read that he wanted to be the highest paid defensive player in the league.

 

People get like that when they put up 14.5 sack seasons.

 

The Bills have been astonishingly fortunate to get chances to draft Mahomes, Watson and Jackson and PASS on them.........and still come out of the fray with Josh Allen.    Similar luck at other positions that previous Bills GM's had virtually none of.

 

But that A1 pass rusher has been inconveniently out of their grasp for several years.    They have to feel some desperation at this point.........McDermott's defense is predicated on getting pressure from 4 and he just hasn't had the weapons he had at DE like he had in Carolina. 

  • Like (+1) 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

People get like that when they put up 14.5 sack seasons.

 

The Bills have been astonishingly fortunate to get chances to draft Mahomes, Watson and Jackson and PASS on them.........and still come out of the fray with Josh Allen.    Similar luck at other positions that previous Bills GM's had virtually none of.

 

But that A1 pass rusher has been inconveniently out of their grasp for several years.    They have to feel some desperation at this point.........McDermott's defense is predicated on getting pressure from 4 and he just hasn't had the weapons he had at DE like he had in Carolina. 

Agree we have struggled finding a good pass rusher since Mario left but guys like Greg Hardy, Charles Johnson excelled under McD in Carolina, we can find/generate more pass rush but it doesn't have to cost a lot to do so. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

He has a girls name.  No thank you

Had a girl friend with that name, so, yah, your right, no thanks...

 

that and the neck injury, that’s a prove you can stay healthy contract imo,

Edited by Don Otreply
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

https://buffalowdown.com/2021/02/24/buffalo-bills-danielle-hunter-perfect-trade-target-offseason/

 

I thought that this was a intriguing idea. It's clearly all hypothetical but I do wonder what it would take to pry him away. Before missing last season, he had back to back 14.5 sack seasons. The guy is a beast. Which means he's also going to want to be paid a lot. 

Nah, JJ Watt please

  • Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Agree we have struggled finding a good pass rusher since Mario left but guys like Greg Hardy, Charles Johnson excelled under McD in Carolina, we can find/generate more pass rush but it doesn't have to cost a lot to do so. 

 

 

Hardy was a freak of nature.  #1 overall pick kinda' physical talent.   Charles Johnson was also a stud player in his 24-28 year old range.    The Panthers got them with 6th and 3rd round picks, respectively.  Roughly the same range the Bills have used picks on Bam Johnson and AJ Epenesa.    I think both of those guys can improve but not likely to see them become much like that pair.   I do think they've been uncharacteristically unfortunate the way the pass rusher cookie has crumbled for them.........but they also mishandled Edmunds, IMO.......he should have been an edge guy from the start.   Maybe their over-confidence that they could fill the position like they did in Carolina came into play in decisions but in general I think they've had some misfortune there.

3 minutes ago, somnus00 said:

Say that to his face.

 

 

You gotta' get right in front of him though because reportedly he can't turn his head.

  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

Hardy was a freak of nature.  #1 overall pick kinda' physical talent.   Charles Johnson was also a stud player in his 24-28 year old range.    The Panthers got them with 6th and 3rd round picks, respectively.  Roughly the same range the Bills have used picks on Bam Johnson and AJ Epenesa.    I think both of those guys can improve but not likely to see them become much like that pair.   I do think they've been uncharacteristically unfortunate the way the pass rusher cookie has crumbled for them.........but they also mishandled Edmunds, IMO.......he should have been an edge guy from the start.   Maybe their over-confidence that they could fill the position like they did in Carolina came into play in decisions but in general I think they've had some misfortune there.

 

 

You gotta' get right in front of him though because reportedly he can't turn his head.

I won't argue on Edmunds, to me with his size he always read to me SLB not MLB. Either way we agree we need better pass rushers, it's just a matter of how we do it. I think we need 1 as I think Addison and Hughes are solid options but missing another guy. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gambit said:

https://buffalowdown.com/2021/02/24/buffalo-bills-danielle-hunter-perfect-trade-target-offseason/

 

I thought that this was a intriguing idea. It's clearly all hypothetical but I do wonder what it would take to pry him away. Before missing last season, he had back to back 14.5 sack seasons. The guy is a beast. Which means he's also going to want to be paid a lot. 

Stefon would have to sign off on any Vikings acquisitions.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Danielle Hunter sounds like someone who writes romance novels. The kind with a shirtless Fabio on the cover.

 

 

Sounds like a porn star from 30 years ago who might have been falsely accused of giving Magic Johnson HIV while using the surname of a famous 80's supermodel.

  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gambit said:

https://buffalowdown.com/2021/02/24/buffalo-bills-danielle-hunter-perfect-trade-target-offseason/

 

I thought that this was a intriguing idea. It's clearly all hypothetical but I do wonder what it would take to pry him away. Before missing last season, he had back to back 14.5 sack seasons. The guy is a beast. Which means he's also going to want to be paid a lot. 

 

I don't think the Bills are in a place where they're gonna trade a first for a guy they have to pay the big bucks to.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...