Danielle Hunter perfect trade target

Gambit

I'd trade for him, but how do we afford this if he's upset about being underpaid? I'm a little worried about trading for players who force themselves off a team over money, we have guys here giving hometown discounts and this appears to be the opposite of that? I'm similarly questioning why I'm worried at all though, so there's that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

First year cap hits can be minimized.  If healthy, he’d be an excellent pick up.  Whose turn is it to track the Pegula’s jet?  And the only reason he might not be worth the 30th pick in this draft is the possible future effects of his neck injury. 

Sign and extend him. You can cut his 21 cap hit by half. He is absolutely worth a 1st rounder, though not sure the 30th pick would be enough. You might have to throw in AJE or something

Edited by appoo

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Injury concern at all?

It sounds like a freak injury, and he had successful surgery to fix it. I'm not a doc, but his frame, joints, and musclature all seem fine, as the herniated disc seemingly wouldn't have impacted that - and with a "successful" surgery, you'd think he'd be back to full strength.

But I'm sure the Bills would do their due diligence on the injury, surgery and recovery baselines before making a trade that would involve a 1st rounder. That's my assumption of why I'd this to happen - that the injury concerns would be alleviated.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I'd trade for him, but how do we afford this if he's upset about being underpaid? I'm a little worried about trading for players who force themselves off a team over money, we have guys here giving hometown discounts and this appears to be the opposite of that? I'm similarly questioning why I'm worried at all though, so there's that.

Restructure and kick the cap hits down the road.  If we made that move, I’d be impressed.

2 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Yeah, that's probably the move. 

Similar to the chiefs trading for Frank Clark.  Sucks giving up a first rd pick for a guy that you’re about to pay 20m+ a year, but he’s a true difference maker and I’d be all in on this move. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/26/2021 at 2:21 PM, The Jokeman said:

Agree we have struggled finding a good pass rusher since Mario left but guys like Greg Hardy, Charles Johnson excelled under McD in Carolina, we can find/generate more pass rush but it doesn't have to cost a lot to do so. 

How?

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

David Boston was chiseled too but very brittle.

Boston was almost comical (and unnatural), especially for a fluid position like receiver. I meet a bunch of Bills over the years and I measured up fairly good. But I remember meeting Mario and thinking he was a different species. Hunter is in that group. Just looks like God wanted him to be a DE.