Feliciano: "I don't see myself going anywhere else. I see myself as a Bill next year."

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I consider it a great sign of my maturity that I didn’t assume this meant we had signed watt. 

also, could this mean we signed watt?

He just trolled all of us? :lol:

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My bold prediction is Morse is cut.  Feliciano moves to center. We sign at least one guard in FA/or draft one high that's starting material, I would think probably a bigger body guard.  Ford/Boet

Feliciano says he expects something to get done and that both sides want the same thing.   https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jon-feliciano-says-doesn-t-041813019.html

I like that he has vocalized this and that both sides are working together to get a deal done. Feliciano is a solid starter whose real value is increased by the intangibles. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

He just trolled all of us? :lol:

I mean, in a sense of: “a slightly above replacement level guard indicated there may be news with regard to his looming contract situation only to post something non-sensical thus making a fan base that wasn’t convinced he was worth paying hate him.” 

yep. 😛

Also, still less of a troll than the weathermen who shut down the entire city of Louisville with predictions of 8-12” of snow only for 1” of sleet to show up. 

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I mean, in a sense of: “a slightly above replacement level guard indicated there may be news with regard to his looming contract situation only to post something non-sensical thus making a fan base that wasn’t convinced he was worth paying hate him.” 

yep. 😛

Also, still less of a troll than the weathermen who shut down the entire city of Louisville with predictions of 8-12” of snow only for 1” of sleet to show up. 

I don't know, it was pretty funny.

On 2/12/2021 at 8:12 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

My bold prediction is Morse is cut.  Feliciano moves to center.

We sign at least one guard in FA/or draft one high that's starting material, I would think probably a bigger body guard.  Ford/Boettger/FA/Draft pick battle for two starting spots.

Agree on Morse.  I brought it up last offseason as a probability this season or next.  He has had major concussion issues and is overpaid even when healthy.  I get why the Bills paid him what they did when they did (it’s what they had to do), but cutting him before his deal is up would be the typical progression of that tactic.  The concussion issue was a known risk and it has worsened, which is almost certainly accelerating the process.  It’s a shame but it is what it is. 

On 2/15/2021 at 5:58 PM, BarleyNY said:

Agree on Morse.  I brought it up last offseason as a probability this season or next.  He has had major concussion issues and is overpaid even when healthy.  I get why the Bills paid him what they did when they did (it’s what they had to do), but cutting him before his deal is up would be the typical progression of that tactic.  The concussion issue was a known risk and it has worsened, which is almost certainly accelerating the process.  It’s a shame but it is what it is. 

I think they attempt to restructure Mitch. He is still one of the top pass blocking centers in the league and a decent run blocker. Mitch also anchors the communication and does the little leadership things a center is expected to do. 

Mongo as center is not tragic but I think while there is a gain in run blocking there is a significant loss in pass blocking and leadership. Plus if you cut Mitch and move Mongo over you have a hole at one of the guard positions. 

I agree you have to attempt to rework Mitch's contract as his cap number is not manageable but he still has value to the team and at a lower cap number is worth the risk of injury. 

• Agree 3
On 2/15/2021 at 11:18 PM, Buffalo716 said:

He should be running up mountains with tires on his back , in a snowstorm, with a gust of wind in his face....that's process 

Not playing video games

The snowstorm and mountains are hard to achieve in Florida. 

Would a beach run do instead, provided it's a truck tire?

10 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I think they attempt to restructure Mitch. He is still one of the top pass blocking centers in the league and a decent run blocker. Mitch also anchors the communication and does the little leadership things a center is expected to do. 

Mongo as center is not tragic but I think while there is a gain in run blocking there is a significant loss in pass blocking and leadership. Plus if you cut Mitch and move Mongo over you have a hole at one of the guard positions. 

I agree you have to attempt to rework Mitch's contract as his cap number is not manageable but he still has value to the team and at a lower cap number is worth the risk of injury. 

I’d be good with a rework.  That might be the better option.  I guess it only depends on how worried they are about the concussion issue moving forward. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Pasaluki said:

Feliciano rules and I hope they keep him. 

Seems like a great teammate... but he’s an average at best starting lineman. I’d love him for depth purposes, really don’t want him starting anywhere on the line next season. 

• Agree 1
4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Seems like a great teammate... but he’s an average at best starting lineman. I’d love him for depth purposes, really don’t want him starting anywhere on the line next season. 

This is one of those rare moments where I totally agree with Scott.

The coaching staff seems to love him for his leadership and demeanor, which....ok, fine. Purely as a player, though? I don't think he was particularly good last year. I'd much rather they put the money toward re-signing Daryl Williams than Feliciano. He played better AND plays a more important position.

Unfortunately, due to the love the front office has for Mongo and his apparent desire to re-sign here, I'm guessing he's locked in as one of the starting five in 2021 and beyond.

• Thank you (+1) 1