Feliciano: "I don't see myself going anywhere else. I see myself as a Bill next year."

Big Turk

26 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I didn't say he was bad. I said he was a limited interior lineman who's mostly average. I'm sure he'll he will get paid a solid contract. I hope we don't give it out as I think he should be upgraded.

But we put value on being a good teammate and leadership.... I hope they don't overvalue that aspect in paying him. He's an average Guard who got abused in the biggest game of the year and had some struggles throughout the year. 

Our entire team got abused in the KC game.  Allen was hurried or hit more times than any playoff QB in several years.

Our WR's didn't separate.  Our DL got overpowered again.

Of course if Feliciano wants upper echelon money, then no, let him walk.  If it's a reasonable contract, then yes, I would want him back.

My bold prediction is he starts at center.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Agree for reasonable contract to compete for a starting interior position.... But I don’t see why they release Morse unless he’s calling it quits with the concussions. He’s a solid starting Center who’s excellent in pass protection. 

I just struggle to see how the interior improves with Feliciano back in the fold and Beane basically saying Ford is probably going to be one of the starters.... and I think it makes more sense to use whatever money you would allocate to Feliciano on Williams. But JMO.

With the way Beane sounded, he doesn't have problems with Singletary and Moss.  He thinks it came inside.  So there will be a change or two.

It might be Feliciano....we'll see soon.

On 2/12/2021 at 8:12 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

My bold prediction is Morse is cut.  Feliciano moves to center.

We sign at least one guard in FA/or draft one high that's starting material, I would think probably a bigger body guard.  Ford/Boettger/FA/Draft pick battle for two starting spots.

That would be awful

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not at all. Feliciano has been good at center. 

It is very frustrating how badly Bills fans underrate Mitch Morse. Feliciano is not a viable C, and the savings from cutting Morse aren't great either.

5 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

It is very frustrating how badly Bills fans underrate Mitch Morse. Feliciano is not a viable C, and the savings from cutting Morse aren't great either.

I don't underestimate Morse. He's just not a fit for what they want to do. Morse needs to be moving. They need to have him do what he does best. 

Feliciano has played well at center. You save about $5 million cutting Morse. Feliciano also gets my respect for how he can swap between OG and Center pretty flawlessly. He's an average player but I think he helps us more than Morse. Upgrade Feliciano at RG. Draft a center/OG in the early rounds. 

Morse also is a candidate for a pay reduction restructure. If they go that route he's probably competing for a job next year. 

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don't underestimate Morse. He's just not a fit for what they want to do. Morse needs to be moving. They need to have him do what he does best. 

Feliciano has played well at center. You save about $5 million cutting Morse. Feliciano also gets my respect for how he can swap between OG and Center pretty flawlessly. He's an average player but I think he helps us more than Morse. Upgrade Feliciano at RG. Draft a center/OG in the early rounds. 

Morse also is a candidate for a pay reduction restructure. If they go that route he's probably competing for a job next year. 

I just can't get behind any of this. Morse is very, very good at pass pro. He's an incredibly reliable snapper. How is that anything other than exactly what we need? This is a passing offense.

Morse is far away the best option for C on this team and it isn't close. The only question mark with him should be the concussions. He is not an issue on the O-Line. If Morse is on the team (and he should be) he won't be competing with anyone. He's the C. There is no other option.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

I just can't get behind any of this. Morse is very, very good at pass pro. He's an incredibly reliable snapper. How is that anything other than exactly what we need? This is a passing offense.

Morse is far away the best option for C on this team and it isn't close. The only question mark with him should be the concussions. He is not an issue on the O-Line. If Morse is on the team (and he should be) he won't be competing with anyone. He's the C. There is no other option.

Not last year. Morse wasn't very good last year. Our best interior lineman was Feliciano by far. 

21 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I didn't say he was bad. I said he was a limited interior lineman who's mostly average. I'm sure he'll he will get paid a solid contract. I hope we don't give it out as I think he should be upgraded.

But we put value on being a good teammate and leadership.... I hope they don't overvalue that aspect in paying him. He's an average Guard who got abused in the biggest game of the year and had some struggles throughout the year. 

Agree with most of this, but Chris Jones abuses almost everyone. He's one of the very best interior d-linemen in the league. He had a 90.3 rating from PFF, which is extremely high (he was a first-team PFF all-pro). My point is, don't judge a guy's performance off of a game facing either Donald or Jones. They're likely to get abused if they're not Quinton Nelson. Here's their write-up, which matches what I saw:

This season the spot of “best interior defensive lineman after Aaron Donald” goes to Chris Jones, who finished the season with the second-best PFF pass-rushing grade (93.1) of any rusher. Jones notched 60 total pressures for the season as well as a couple of forced fumbles, and at his best can wreak the kind of havoc that Donald does on the inside. The only thing separating the two players is the volume of pressure that Donald gets by comparison, and Donald has been more consistent against the run this year.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Agree with most of this, but Chris Jones abuses almost everyone. He's one of the very best interior d-linemen in the league. He had a 90.3 rating from PFF, which is extremely high (he was a first-team PFF all-pro). My point is, don't judge a guy's performance off of a game facing either Donald or Jones. They're likely to get abused if they're not Quinton Nelson. Here's their write-up, which matches what I saw:

This season the spot of “best interior defensive lineman after Aaron Donald” goes to Chris Jones, who finished the season with the second-best PFF pass-rushing grade (93.1) of any rusher. Jones notched 60 total pressures for the season as well as a couple of forced fumbles, and at his best can wreak the kind of havoc that Donald does on the inside. The only thing separating the two players is the volume of pressure that Donald gets by comparison, and Donald has been more consistent against the run this year.

You beat me to it.  There has been such an overreaction to one game, and that game was only you know the Championship game against a team that won the SB last year.  Now the other night I was nodding off to late hits on NFLR with Mr. Polian.  That’s the only night of the week I’ll put it on for a few as he makes very interesting points.  He stated what a lot of people think.  The one directive with this odd season was to hold back on holding calls to escalate scoring and more interesting offensive play.  That is except the SB.  As a result, I don’t know if our pass pro was that excellent, or we benefited from refs friendly offensive line play.  Probably some of both.  

Then a Bills fan called in and asked Polian about Feliciano.  His response summarized is the ability to play efficiently play both Center and Guard means Mongo is incredibly smart.  He also said he saw improvement in our line play when Feliciano came back from injury.

He wasn’t necessarily inferring to extend him at top pay, but he did say it would be a loss to our team by not working with his agent for a reasonable contract.  That’s just one person, but he is in the HOF.  He did say if he tries to outprice himself this year with the issues in the cap, he’s going to make even less $ potentially from another team.   Bottom line is Feliciano is taking a big risk if he pushes too hard on top $ in 2021.  He’d help himself more if he took a 1 yr. extension with us, play well, and try again next year on a longer deal.

Morse restructuring is smart and can partially be used on either Feliciano or Williams.  If they really want to try and upgrade, they would be smart to do so in the draft in a mid round pick.  Cheap labor, but a gamble he’s an upgrade from our current talent.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Now

Ok so that looks like a bad sign towards Mongo and Williams, doesn't it? If we want to sign them it makes sense to do it before FA. Maybe they are waiting for the cap to be set, but if we don't sign them until FA the likelihood they will stay will drop significantly, no?

25 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Ok so that looks like a bad sign towards Mongo and Williams, doesn't it? If we want to sign them it makes sense to do it before FA. Maybe they are waiting for the cap to be set, but if we don't sign them until FA the likelihood they will stay will drop significantly, no?

I think they both have offers but want to test the market before signing 

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think they both have offers but want to test the market before signing 

I actually kind of think they don't, because Beane has some other stuff he wants to work through.

Feliciano wasn't sounding like a guy who has "test the market" at the top of his priority list.

Williams, I'm sure, does want to see what's out there.

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’m sure the upper echelon Guards will still get good money, but I wouldn’t wanna be a middling Guard in this free agent market.  Feliciano will be lucky to get $5m per year with all the Guards who are or will likely be available.  

Which, I imagine, is why he has expressed his desire to stay in Buffalo. Avoid the risk that comes with FA and get a deal done now—probably a better deal than he'd get on the market. The Bills gets continuity, probably at some discount.

The question is if the Bills think he's the best solution for the position and price. I think they like his versatility and will try to keep him at a reasonable price, and Feliciano will probably take it.