Defenses led Brady to his last two rings

NewEra

Zero TDs given up by Brady’s defenses in his last two Super Bowl wins.  Let that sink in.  

He’s the GOAT, no question...but his defenses led him to his last two rings and his first.  The Bucs DL deserved the MVP last night 💯 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 6
  • Agree 3

Sure the defense played stellar, but Brady and the offense played just as stellar.  31 points through the first 3 quarters before they went into game management mode.  KC wasn't stopping them at all.  They very well may have won a shootout too.

• Like (+1) 2

I agree.  It’s hard to say last night that the Bucs didn’t have a solid running game, good O Line, and excellent TE’s.  The pats, yes, but that’s a reason why Brady is here (sorry I’m in Tampa).  Here he came into a very good O Line, Evans, Godwin, AB, Miller, Brate, and Gronk.  Let that talent and of course Brady is going to be good.  BB let that part of the game go, and Brady said enough.  The Bucs were the #1 rushing defense, and improved consecutively throughout the year in the secondary.  Those guys are young and they improved tremendously throughout the year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

I agree.  It’s hard to say last night that the Bucs didn’t have a solid running game, good O Line, and excellent TE’s.  The pats, yes, but that’s a reason why Brady is here (sorry I’m in Tampa).  Here he came into a very good O Line, Evans, Godwin, AB, Miller, Brate, and Gronk.  Let that talent and of course Brady is going to be good.  BB let that part of the game go, and Brady said enough.  The Bucs were the #1 rushing defense, and improved consecutively throughout the year in the secondary.  Those guys are young and they improved tremendously throughout the year.

A real QB was the missing ingredient...if J Crabcakes Winston  can throw for 30 plus TD's you know they have some talent on O

• Agree 2

I was careful on this board not to be too positive about TB as I get the Brady hate, but you nailed it.  He’s like the Broncos some time ago.  They may have been crushed in the Seattle one, but Manning blew up that offense that year with tons of talent, and then a beat up Manning carried through the finish line with an incredible defense.

• Agree 1

It's hard to overestimate the impact he had on them as a leader though. Getting them to realize they can win it it all and staying focused enough to do it, not getting complacent after each achievement including the huge upset in the NFC championship.

This wasn't the Giants squeaking by the Pats twice.

Defense AND excellently opportunistic offense won this game, in a blowout.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The same could be said about other great QB's.

Both times Montana won against the Bengals it was credited to a great defensive effort.

Terry Bradshaw's Steel Curtain defense came up huge a couple times against the Vikes and Cowboys.

Manning won his last SB due to his defense.

Seven SB wins and 10 SB appearances. I don't care how you stack them. Simply amazing.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 4

33 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Sure the defense played stellar, but Brady and the offense played just as stellar.  31 points through the first 3 quarters before they went into game management mode.  KC wasn't stopping them at all.  They very well may have won a shootout too.

I agree, Brady and the Bucs offense played great.  

On Tampa’s 2nd TD drive, the chiefs held and had a pick on 3rd down.  Refs call defensive holding.  Chiefs hold them to a FG and hardman lined up Offside.  KC makes two mistakes.  Brady then takes advantage after being stopped 2 times.

On Tampa’s 3rd TD, breeland and evans feet get tangled and breeland gets called for a 34 yard PI.  Then Mathieu gets called for PI to the 1.  Andy Reid calling TOs with 40 secs left to try and get a stop and some points was playing with devil.  And he paid for it.  

Chiefs had 8 penalties for 95 yards.  At the half. 1/5 for the Bucs.

tampa mixed up their offense well, something I was hoping we would’ve tried to do, but Brady wasn’t the reason they won the game.  The defense was.  Two Super Bowls wins in a row for the goat. 

Just pointing it out, as I hadn’t seen anyone else mention it. It’s some pretty crazy luck to have your D keep two amazing offenses out of the end zone in two Super Bowls.

When your defense doesn’t allow the opposition to score a TD, your defense is the reason you’ve won the super bowl.  That doesn’t mean offense was bad (in this super bowl anyway. it was in the last) it’s just the defense was the main reason they won

14 minutes ago, Beast said:

The same could be said about other great QB's.

Both times Montana won against the Bengals it was credited to a great defensive effort.

Terry Bradshaw's Steel Curtain defense came up huge a couple times against the Vikes and Cowboys.

Manning won his last SB due to his defense.

Seven SB wins and 10 SB appearances. I don't care how you stack them. Simply amazing.

Who’s saying it’s not amazing?

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I agree, Brady and the Bucs offense played great.  

On Tampa’s 2nd TD drive, the chiefs held and had a pick on 3rd down.  Refs call defensive holding.  Chiefs hold them to a FG and hardman lined up Offside. 

On Tampa’s 3rd TD, breeland and evans feet get tangled and breeland gets called for a 34 yard PI.  Then Mathieu gets called for PI to the 1.  

Chiefs had 8 penalties for 95 yards.  At the half. 1/5 for the Bucs.

tampa mixed up their offense well, something I was hoping we would’ve tried to do, but Brady wasn’t the reason they won the game.  The defense was.  Two Super Bowls wins in a row for the goat. 

Just pointing it out, as I hadn’t seen anyone else mention it. It’s some pretty crazy luck to have your D keep two amazing offenses out of the end zone in two Super Bowls.

When your defense doesn’t allow the opposition to score a TD, your defense is the reason you’ve won the super bowl.  That doesn’t mean offense was bad (in this super bowl anyway. it was in the last) it’s just the defense was the main reason they won

The offense was a critical part of the defense yesterday 1)zero turnovers 2) Time of possession control keeping defense rested 3)scoring 31 points in three quarters. 

If you put Jamies Winston at QB yesterday, the Bucs likely get blown out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

i don't watch sports media or read nearly any coverage so i don't get as bothered by the spin as much as i used to, but brady laid a huge egg in GB and still won.  he's obviously a much better qb than winston, but tampa did what the bills shoulda done, gotten the best power and speed back for cheap who was available, and had talent and physicality up front on both lines.

tampa's corners shows why you don't sign the gains and norman's of the world to take burn from your improving young players, and they got their D line up w some pass rushers who bring power, which is exactly what we lack.

their LBs are also miles better than ours.  for all the talk of edmunds not being protected by the scheme and the DL, and there is truth to that, i can't help but notice how david and white were able to execute in 1 on 1 situations where we see edmunds just make simple mistakes all the time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

It's hard to overestimate the impact he had on them as a leader though. Getting them to realize they can win it it all and staying focused enough to do it, not getting complacent after each achievement including the huge upset in the NFC championship.

This wasn't the Giants squeaking by the Pats twice.

Defense AND excellently opportunistic offense won this game, in a blowout.

I agree.  The defense held Pat Mahomes to zero TDs, 3 Fgs and 0-10 3rd downs at one points.  In the previous SB win, his defense allowed 3 points to a mcvay offense that was 2nd in scoring at almost 31 pts a game. 

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

The offense was a critical part of the defense yesterday 1)zero turnovers 2) Time of possession control keeping defense rested 3)scoring 31 points in three quarters. 

If you put Jamies Winston at QB yesterday, the Bucs likely get blown out. 

They might get beat....but how do they get blown out?  The Bucs D was lights out getting to Mahomes all game. They forced Mahomes to go 0-10 in his first 10 3rd downs.  The offense had nothing to do with that. 

saying that is disrespecting what the TB did last night.  They were dominant.  The TB offense got bailed out by several calls that weren’t getting called all year. Meanwhile, the TB Dline was getting held by the KC OL on every play and only had a couple called. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree.  The defense held Pat Mahomes to zero TDs, 3 Fgs and 0-10 3rd downs at one points.  In the previous SB win, his defense allowed 3 points to a mcvay offense that was 2nd in scoring at almost 31 pts a game. 

And his first SB they shut down the Rams' Greatest Show. (The times they lost, they felt superior going in, to the Giants and Foles.) 

Brady consistently gets his teams to focus and gel and some of what looked like BB's coaching seems to have been his leadership.

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

They might get beat....but how do they get blown out?  The Bucs D was lights out getting to Mahomes all game. They forced Mahomes to go 0-10 in his first 10 3rd downs.  The offense had nothing to do with that. 

saying that is disrespecting what the TB did last night.  They were dominant.  The TB offense got bailed out by several calls that weren’t getting called all year. Meanwhile, the TB Dline was getting held by the KC OL on every play and only had a couple called. 

I totally agree with this. Shaq Barrett could’ve been the MVP as well. Mahomes probably will have nightmares featuring him

7 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

And his first SB they shut down the Rams' Greatest Show. (The times they lost, they felt superior going in, to the Giants and Foles.) 

Brady consistently gets his teams to focus and gel and some of what looked like BB's coaching seems to have been his leadership.

Brady is the goat.  I’ll say it again and again and again.  I’ve been saying it since the Falcons super bowl.  He’s also the beneficiary of 3 of the greatest defensive performances in SB history. 

If you don’t think the Tampa D was the most dominant unit on the field last night, you have no idea what you’re watching.  They were the best unit by far.

Side note:  Ty Law had a pick six in the first SB win vs the Rams.  Brady led the offense to one Td....as did the D.  Pats win by 3. 

Edited by NewEra

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Also, Jameis is absolutely capable of putting together great performances. It’s just that he’s equally likely to be a turnover machine. It’s certainly possible that Jameis would have sucked enough to keep KC in the game but it’s equally likely he would have led Tampa to a blowout win just like Brady did. 

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Also, Jameis is absolutely capable of putting together great performances. It’s just that he’s equally likely to be a turnover machine. It’s certainly possible that Jameis would have sucked enough to keep KC in the game but it’s equally likely he would have led Tampa to a blowout win just like Brady did. 

Similar to Brady vs the Packers