Defenses led Brady to his last two rings

NewEra

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree.  The defense held Pat Mahomes to zero TDs, 3 Fgs and 0-10 3rd downs at one points.  In the previous SB win, his defense allowed 3 points to a mcvay offense that was 2nd in scoring at almost 31 pts a game. 

They might get beat....but how do they get blown out?  The Bucs D was lights out getting to Mahomes all game. They forced Mahomes to go 0-10 in his first 10 3rd downs.  The offense had nothing to do with that. 

saying that is disrespecting what the TB did last night.  They were dominant.  The TB offense got bailed out by several calls that weren’t getting called all year. Meanwhile, the TB Dline was getting held by the KC OL on every play and only had a couple called. 

I think you wrong.  The cadence of the game was dictated by the tampa bay tds on four straight drives, putting the chiefs on their heels.  TB defense played great. They were put in a position to succeed. 

6 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I think you wrong.  The cadence of the game was dictated by the tampa bay tds on four straight drives, putting the chiefs on their heels.  TB defense played great. They were put in a position to succeed. 

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion. Holding the best offense in football to 0 TDs and 0-10 on their first 10 3rd down means more imo.

And while the Tampa offense was great, they were the beneficiary of the officials not being consistent.  The chiefs were doing exactly what they’ve been doing all season.....and now, in the super bowl, the refs decided that they weren’t going to let them get away with it.

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

The refs helped a little too...

But the Tampa D was excellent .... yes agree with that..

The refs (and chiefs stupidity) certainly facilitated the Bucs offense to extend drives, allowing them to score the last two TDs.  The Bucs first TD drive was a thing of beauty 💯 

There’s no single reason Tampa won. They played very well in every single facet. Defense had an all time good performance (maybe not as good as the previous Bucs Super Bowl but it’s among the best), the passing game was extremely efficient, and the run game was very good.

Was it a better defensive performance than the offensive performance? Yeah, but it was pretty much a perfect game of football for that team last night. 

• NewEra changed the title to Defenses led Brady to his last two rings
26 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

There’s no single reason Tampa won. They played very well in every single facet. Defense had an all time good performance (maybe not as good as the previous Bucs Super Bowl but it’s among the best), the passing game was extremely efficient, and the run game was very good.

Was it a better defensive performance than the offensive performance? Yeah, but it was pretty much a perfect game of football for that team last night. 

There is no single reason....there rarely is.  I didn’t say it was the only reason.  

the Bucs d was unquestionably the best unit on the field yesterday and it’s performance led them to the win.

brady played just fine.  He wasn’t great.  He benefitted from some calls and a good offensive game plan that leaned on the run and forced the chiefs to employ 2 and 3 LB sets.  

25 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion. Holding the best offense in football to 0 TDs and 0-10 on their first 10 3rd down means more imo.

And while the Tampa offense was great, they were the beneficiary of the officials not being consistent.  The chiefs were doing exactly what they’ve been doing all season.....and now, in the super bowl, the refs decided that they weren’t going to let them get away with it.

The refs (and chiefs stupidity) certainly facilitated the Bucs offense to extend drives, allowing them to score the last two TDs.  The Bucs first TD drive was a thing of beauty 💯 

I couldn't agree with you more about the the Bucs D last night, the refs inconsistency and Brady still being the GOAT. Those three things are all true imo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

We can thank the refs for Brady’s 2nd and 3rd TD.  

Should’ve been Chiefs ball as he threw an interception on this play.....but was ruled defensive holding. Unbelievable 

The chiefs had 90 penalty yards in the 2nd quarter, most in any quarter since 2018

feet get tangled, breeland trips onto evans, ball sail out of reach.

And then the icing on the cake 

the refs aren’t the reason the Bucs won. But they are the reason the Bucs scored their last two TDs of the first half. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

The same could be said about other great QB's.

Both times Montana won against the Bengals it was credited to a great defensive effort.

Terry Bradshaw's Steel Curtain defense came up huge a couple times against the Vikes and Cowboys.

Manning won his last SB due to his defense.

Seven SB wins and 10 SB appearances. I don't care how you stack them. Simply amazing.

and he's 43 freaking years old. He should have a great chance to win again next season.

27 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We can thank the refs for Brady’s 2nd and 3rd TD.  

Should’ve been Chiefs ball as he threw an interception on this play.....but was ruled defensive holding. Unbelievable 

The chiefs had 90 penalty yards in the 2nd quarter, most in any quarter since 2018

feet get tangled, breeland trips onto evans, ball sail out of reach.

And then the icing on the cake 

the refs aren’t the reason the Bucs won. But they are the reason the Bucs scored their last two TDs of the first half. 

The Breeland one is arguable, both whether the contact was incidental tripping or if the ball was catchable, but I think it was a pretty reasonable call to make at the time. The other two are legitimate penalties. Ward is literally hugging Evans and with Mathieu, it's either a 5 yard penalty and Tampa scores from the 5 yard line or interference and they score from the 1.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

The entire Tampa Bay team played great - offense, defense and special teams.  A total team win and Brady played great right along with them.  They won it together, not because of (or in spite of) Brady.  I don't see the point in trying to diminish Brady because his entire team came to play.

12 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

The Breeland one is arguable, both whether the contact was incidental tripping or if the ball was catchable, but I think it was a pretty reasonable call to make at the time. The other two are legitimate penalties. Ward is literally hugging Evans and with Mathieu, it's either a 5 yard penalty and Tampa scores from the 5 yard line or interference and they score from the 1.

it’s obvious to me that their feet got tangled  (incidental contact) and breeland tripped and fell, causing evans to stumble as the ball sails out of reach.  

No call = no TD on that drive. No doubt.

There wasn't much talk of the Bills game influence on the reffing.  But it seemed clear that the grab and hold defense KC used against the Bills was not going to be tolerated.  And the message was made right from the start.  It was the right thing to do, expose and eliminate that tactic. 

I get it we all dislike Brady to say the least.

But the " hate" needs to stop as it is just embarrassing that this point. I put hate in quotations because we can still hate the guy, but we shouldn't hate ON the guy if that makes sense.

The man has 7 rings...

It is a tough pill for us bills fans to swallow, but the reality is he is the greatest to ever do it.

Edited by BillsFan130

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I agree.  It’s hard to say last night that the Bucs didn’t have a solid running game, good O Line, and excellent TE’s.  The pats, yes, but that’s a reason why Brady is here (sorry I’m in Tampa).  Here he came into a very good O Line, Evans, Godwin, AB, Miller, Brate, and Gronk.  Let that talent and of course Brady is going to be good.  BB let that part of the game go, and Brady said enough.  The Bucs were the #1 rushing defense, and improved consecutively throughout the year in the secondary.  Those guys are young and they improved tremendously throughout the year.

As much as people talk about how great a receiving TE Gronk is, they often overlook just how amazing he is as a run blocker as well...Gronk was sealing the edge against DE's routinely on those outside runs and that is a HUGE benefit to an offense when you have a TE that can not only hold their own in those run blocking matchups, but actually WIN versus a DE.  Usually a TE trying to block a DE is laughable and the TE gets destroyed.  Knox got blown up a few times trying to do that for losses against KC and it happened a lot during the season as well. Gronk won most of those matchups yesterday, and that is very very hard to find.  

Gronk might be the most complete TE to ever play the game.  He has no weakness.  He is exceptional at everything.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

The only athlete I can compare Brady to is Michael Jordan.

I love Manning and Rodgers - but both of those guys have had moments that they could have seized, and seemed to shrink from. I never had the impression with either that they felt 100% great about having the ball in a critical moment, late in a big game.  Both have had spectacular plays in those situations, but both have come up small, as well.

Brady & Jordan both have, for lack of a better term, that "psycho thing."  It's almost beyond killer instinct. It's like they live for those situations where everything is on the line and a billion people are watching.

13 minutes ago, Success said:

I love Manning and Rodgers - but both of those guys have had moments that they could have seized, and seemed to shrink from. I never had the impression with either that they felt 100% great about having the ball in a critical moment, late in a big game.  Both have had spectacular plays in those situations, but both have come up small, as well.

Brady & Jordan both have, for lack of a better term, that "psycho thing."  It's almost beyond killer instinct. It's like they live for those situations where everything is on the line and a billion people are watching.

Kobe Bryant was the same way as well....it's why they called him The Black Mamba...he was deadly in those clutch situations and looking to kill.

Also...big shout out to Robert "Big Shot Bob" Horry as well...the man was unconscious shooting 3's in big pressure situations in the playoffs to win or tie games late. Don't ever recall him missing one. Actually after looking...I see he missed one against the Spurs when he was with the Lakers but the ball was literally in and out...95% of the time that ball goes in.  Dude won 7 championships as well...

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Success said:

Ali, Mayweather - and you can't leave out guys like Federer and Nadal.  Tennis is true 1 on 1 and your physical conditioning and psychological toughness has to be A1.

Ricky Carmichael in MX is another.  I know motocross doesn't have near the following of the big 4, but I played basketball, football and raced MX as a youngin.  MX was the toughest by a comfortable margin due to cardio demand and mental strain.  No bs.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 1