Our next POTUS takes on Big Tech in Florida

1 minute ago, Governor said:

I thought you’d like that one.

Did Joey actually ask if Ron DeSantis knew about this particular building?  Or just that there needs to be an investigation (of course there does)?  

All of Ronald’s recent laws will be blocked. He knew that. That’s why he passed them in the first place. He’s counting on the fact that an average cult member won’t actually follow the issue to the end and just think it’s already been done.

Thats because he thinks his own voters are really stupid.

On 6/25/2021 at 12:59 PM, B-Man said:

Ron DeSantis Gets Labeled ‘Worse Than Trump.’ 

This is what Democrats always do.

Geroge W. Bush is Hitler until Mitt Romney comes along. Then, Bush is the harmless guy who paints who they wish all Republicans were like.

Once Trump came along, Romney was rehabbed.

Now that DeSantis is the frontrunner for 2024 in many people’s minds, and clearly, the one Democrats fear the most, he must become worse than the Republican who came before him.”

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/06/25/ron-desantis-gets-labeled-worse-than-trump-n402208

And W Bush, former war crimes president according to msm and every dem poli suddenly becomes lovable old George, hugger of Shells, statesman and painter.  Beloved by millions.  His war for oil VPs daughter, a multimillionaire R becomes the darling of the liberal left as she campaigns tirelessly to return to the good old days of American politics where W Bush, Biden, Obama, Romney all hold positions of power and have a whole crapton of benjamins. 

It’s like nothing really matters. 

22 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

And W Bush, former war crimes president according to msm and every dem poli suddenly becomes lovable old George, hugger of Shells, statesman and painter.  Beloved by millions.  His war for oil VPs daughter, a multimillionaire R becomes the darling of the liberal left as she campaigns tirelessly to return to the good old days of American politics where W Bush, Biden, Obama, Romney all hold positions of power and have a whole crapton of benjamins. 

It’s like nothing really matters. 

It isn’t the media. It was the study released by historians ranking the presidents. People on the left are also wondering why George is moving up the board. Apparently, they weigh human rights more than they did previously, which changed rankings a bit.

Donald is ranked 41 out of 44.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/6/2021 at 3:41 PM, Big Blitz said:

The best Governor in America:

Florida governor Ron DeSantis declares war on big tech 'cartels' and vows to fine Facebook and Twitter $100,000 a day if they censor any lawmaker in his state

In a press conference on Tuesday, DeSantis issued a series of recommendations that  are expected to be included in legislation as the Transparency in Technology Act, saying 'Big Tech' is becoming more like 'Big Brother' with 'each passing day.'

DeSantis said that Florida would fine social media firms - like Facebook and Twitter -  $100,000 per day if they ban any candidate running for elected office in the state.

The Republican's proposed legislation would also require firms to give notice of changes in their terms of service, allow people to opt out of content algorithms, and create a 'cause of action' pathway for legal action against tech firms.

Florida's proposed Transparency in Technology Act aims to 'protect privacy' from the expanding powers of Big Tech firms because the system is rigged, he claimed.

'What began as a group of upstart technology companies from the west coast, has since transformed into an industry of monopoly communications platforms that monitor, influence, and control the flow of information in our country and among our citizens,' said Mr DeSantis. 

'Used to be that consumers were trusted to make their own decisions about what information to consume, about which leaders to 'follow,' about what news to watch. Now those decisions are increasingly made by nameless, faceless boards of censors,' he added.

Another part of the Republican lawmaker's proposal is to list free promotion of posts made by candidates as in-kind political contributions.   

'In Florida we're gonna take aim at those companies and pull back the veil and make sure those guys don't continue to find loopholes and grey areas to live above the law,' he added.

DeSantis also had fiery exchanges with some of the reporters present at the conference, including about the unevidenced conspiracy theory relating to Hunter Biden - the son on President Joe Biden - that outlets allegedly suppressed. 

'The Hunter Biden story was true. The typical corporate media outlets chose to ignore it. They wanted to beat Trump,' DeSantis said, saying the New York Post story about the claims 'couldn't get any traction.' 

DeSantis dismissed replies that the Hunter Biden story was inadmissible because it was based on 'hacked' information.

'You're trying to tell me if there's hacked information that could damage me, you guys wouldn't print it,' DeSantis said. 'Give me a break. You can whiz on my leg but don't tell me it's raining. You guys would print it every single day if you could. And Big Tech would allow it to proliferate 24/7.'

38824636-9218405-In_a_press_conference_o

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9218405/Florida-governor-Ron-DeSantis-declares-war-big-tech-cartels.html

Should serve as a model for every state that values both free speech and privacy.  

Back to the OP.

JUDGE ENJOINS FLORIDA SOCIAL MEDIA LAW FROM GOING INTO EFFECT. 

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flnd.371253/gov.uscourts.flnd.371253.113.0_1.pdf

This was the law that would have fined companies like Twitter or Facebook $250,000 per day for deplatforming candidates for statewide office ($25,000 per day for any other office). I don’t doubt that there are extremely thorny First Amendment concerns here. But this should be the handwriting on the wall, in the most Biblical sense of the term.

Consider this: If Donald Trump is still banned from these platforms in 2024, runs for office, and loses, his supporters will say that it was not a free and fair election, and you know what? They will be right. I cannot stress enough how potentially apocalyptic this possibility is, and I don’t think anyone in DC or Silicon Valley has the first clue how close they are to driving us all right over a cliff.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Back to the OP.

JUDGE ENJOINS FLORIDA SOCIAL MEDIA LAW FROM GOING INTO EFFECT. 

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flnd.371253/gov.uscourts.flnd.371253.113.0_1.pdf

This was the law that would have fined companies like Twitter or Facebook $250,000 per day for deplatforming candidates for statewide office ($25,000 per day for any other office). I don’t doubt that there are extremely thorny First Amendment concerns here. But this should be the handwriting on the wall, in the most Biblical sense of the term.

Consider this: If Donald Trump is still banned from these platforms in 2024, runs for office, and loses, his supporters will say that it was not a free and fair election, and you know what? They will be right. I cannot stress enough how potentially apocalyptic this possibility is, and I don’t think anyone in DC or Silicon Valley has the first clue how close they are to driving us all right over a cliff.

Keep dreaming.....you seem good at it

The TOS for the People's Republic of Silicon Valley are arbitrary and garbage.  

ARBITRARILY Banning prominent influencers on their platforms because they disagree with their political opinions and hate their popularity is as Un American as it gets.  

The door being open to ban, shadow ban, and suspend candidates in office or running for office is a flat out attack on democracy.    

The fact these companies have that kind of power means they should be treated as foreign entities or hostile nations. 

Period and full stop.  

The first amendment doesn't apply to them because they don't apply the first amendment and they actively work to subvert the political system with rigged searches and fake trends.

They are publishers not forums of free and open debate. 

Hiding behind terms of service is b.s.    

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Haha (+1) 1

RINO!

DeSantis to forgo Trump rally in Sarasota.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) will not be attending former President Trump’s rally in Sarasota, Fla., on Saturday amid ongoing recovery efforts following the deadly condo building collapse in Surfside, Fla.

“We can confirm that the Governor will not attend the rally in Sarasota. He spoke with President Trump, who agreed that this was the right decision, as the Governor’s duty is to be in Surfside making sure the families and community have what they need in the aftermath of the tragic building collapse,” press secretary Christina Pushaw said in a statement to The Hill.

On 7/3/2021 at 11:13 AM, Governor said:

RINO!

DeSantis to forgo Trump rally in Sarasota.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) will not be attending former President Trump’s rally in Sarasota, Fla., on Saturday amid ongoing recovery efforts following the deadly condo building collapse in Surfside, Fla.

“We can confirm that the Governor will not attend the rally in Sarasota. He spoke with President Trump, who agreed that this was the right decision, as the Governor’s duty is to be in Surfside making sure the families and community have what they need in the aftermath of the tragic building collapse,” press secretary Christina Pushaw said in a statement to The Hill.

Hahahahahahahahaha.

14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Hahahahahahahahaha.

The rift isn’t between Donald and Ronald, it’s between Ronald and some lady that used to work for him that now works for Donald. Apparently, he hates her guts.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/2/2021 at 5:14 PM, Big Blitz said:

The TOS for the People's Republic of Silicon Valley are arbitrary and garbage.  

ARBITRARILY Banning prominent influencers on their platforms because they disagree with their political opinions and hate their popularity is as Un American as it gets.  

The door being open to ban, shadow ban, and suspend candidates in office or running for office is a flat out attack on democracy.    

The fact these companies have that kind of power means they should be treated as foreign entities or hostile nations. 

Period and full stop.  

The first amendment doesn't apply to them because they don't apply the first amendment and they actively work to subvert the political system with rigged searches and fake trends.

They are publishers not forums of free and open debate. 

Hiding behind terms of service is b.s.    

It is refreshing to hear from a true First Amendment absolutist.

I know you supported the right - that's what it is, isn't it? - of various gay rights organizations to march in the NYC St. Patrick's Day parade, even though it was a parade organized and sponsored by a group that really didn't invite them. Your Bills Blitz Super Bowl Parade in February will no doubt welcome the Belichick-Brady GOAT FLOAT too. Just because I own and operate something doesn't mean that I should have the right to exclude anyone. First Amendment all the way, baby!

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It is refreshing to hear from a true First Amendment absolutist.

I know you supported the right - that's what it is, isn't it? - of various gay rights organizations to march in the NYC St. Patrick's Day parade, even though it was a parade organized and sponsored by a group that really didn't invite them. Your Bills Blitz Super Bowl Parade in February will no doubt welcome the Belichick-Brady GOAT FLOAT too. Just because I own and operate something doesn't mean that I should have the right to exclude anyone. First Amendment all the way, baby!

If he really thinks that freedom of speech applies to silly social media, then the obvious fix is to make them public utilities.

We gave these companies this much power with our narcissistic behavior.