Our next POTUS takes on Big Tech in Florida

The best Governor in America:

Florida governor Ron DeSantis declares war on big tech 'cartels' and vows to fine Facebook and Twitter $100,000 a day if they censor any lawmaker in his state

In a press conference on Tuesday, DeSantis issued a series of recommendations that  are expected to be included in legislation as the Transparency in Technology Act, saying 'Big Tech' is becoming more like 'Big Brother' with 'each passing day.'

DeSantis said that Florida would fine social media firms - like Facebook and Twitter -  $100,000 per day if they ban any candidate running for elected office in the state.

The Republican's proposed legislation would also require firms to give notice of changes in their terms of service, allow people to opt out of content algorithms, and create a 'cause of action' pathway for legal action against tech firms.

Florida's proposed Transparency in Technology Act aims to 'protect privacy' from the expanding powers of Big Tech firms because the system is rigged, he claimed.

'What began as a group of upstart technology companies from the west coast, has since transformed into an industry of monopoly communications platforms that monitor, influence, and control the flow of information in our country and among our citizens,' said Mr DeSantis. 

'Used to be that consumers were trusted to make their own decisions about what information to consume, about which leaders to 'follow,' about what news to watch. Now those decisions are increasingly made by nameless, faceless boards of censors,' he added.

Another part of the Republican lawmaker's proposal is to list free promotion of posts made by candidates as in-kind political contributions.   

'In Florida we're gonna take aim at those companies and pull back the veil and make sure those guys don't continue to find loopholes and grey areas to live above the law,' he added.

DeSantis also had fiery exchanges with some of the reporters present at the conference, including about the unevidenced conspiracy theory relating to Hunter Biden - the son on President Joe Biden - that outlets allegedly suppressed. 

'The Hunter Biden story was true. The typical corporate media outlets chose to ignore it. They wanted to beat Trump,' DeSantis said, saying the New York Post story about the claims 'couldn't get any traction.' 

DeSantis dismissed replies that the Hunter Biden story was inadmissible because it was based on 'hacked' information.

'You're trying to tell me if there's hacked information that could damage me, you guys wouldn't print it,' DeSantis said. 'Give me a break. You can whiz on my leg but don't tell me it's raining. You guys would print it every single day if you could. And Big Tech would allow it to proliferate 24/7.'

38824636-9218405-In_a_press_conference_o

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9218405/Florida-governor-Ron-DeSantis-declares-war-big-tech-cartels.html

Should serve as a model for every state that values both free speech and privacy.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

In a press conference on Tuesday, DeSantis issued a series of recommendations that  are expected to be included in legislation as the Transparency in Technology Act, saying 'Big Tech' is becoming more like 'Big Brother' with 'each passing day.'

He's totally right. I love this line and its so true.  Big Brother has arrived but he's not government, he's cool geeky guys that that wear jeans and t-shirts.

Government is absolutely in bed with them of course.

The exact same day the government canned a massive dats surveillance effort called LifeLog, FakeBook was started.

I wish if Republicans were really concerned about this they'd discuss it in broader terms about the damage to our society and work to reign in  the data captured  and destruction of our privacy than just talking about conservatives being censored.  I believe social media contributes greatly to  the division we see in our country right now.  FakeBook was started in 2004 and soon after divisions in our country sky rocketed. Coincidence?  I think not.   Social media is the greatest population Control device ever invented so far.  And most people don't see it or care. Just keep sending me funny cat videos. Sad.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

11 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I’m so jealous Florida gets him for governor and we are stuck with Cuomo...

He is doing really good job. Me too. Wish we had him instead of Cuomo.  Like some here.

11 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

He's totally right. I love this line and its so true.  Big Brother has arrived but he's not government, he's cool geeky guys that that wear jeans and t-shirts.

Government is absolutely in bed with them of course.

The exact same day the government canned a massive dats surveillance effort called LifeLog, FakeBook was started.

I wish if Republicans were really concerned about this they'd discuss it in broader terms about the damage to our society and work to reign in  the data captured  and destruction of our privacy than just talking about conservatives being censored.  I believe social media contributes greatly to  the division we see in our country right now.  FakeBook was started in 2004 and soon after divisions in our country sky rocketed. Coincidence?  I think not.   Social media is the greatest population Control device ever invented so far.  And most people don't see it or care. Just keep sending me funny cat videos. Sad.

Yes it is FakeBook. Deleted it last year. Tried doing again but deleted again. Don't need it. Much happier without it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

15 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I’m so jealous Florida gets him for governor and we are stuck with Cuomo...

What is stopping you from moving? I have explained many places that while my house is more expensive than one up north that my lower taxes make up for the difference in mortgage cost per month. Other than that the cost in savings on heat and clothes balances most other cost.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

What is stopping you from moving? I have explained many places that while my house is more expensive than one up north that my lower taxes make up for the difference in mortgage cost per month. Other than that the cost in savings on heat and clothes balances most other cost.

Honestly, it’s taking care of my mom in her old age...She was recently diagnosed with stage 3 cancer, and I just try to spend as much time with her as possible, while she is here...

I have a few siblings here...but other than that I have nothing keeping me here...and the freedoms that Floridians get to enjoy everyday is so attractive...

• Sad 4

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Honestly, it’s taking care of my mom in her old age...She was recently diagnosed with stage 3 cancer, and I just try to spend as much time with her as possible, while she is here...

I have a few siblings here...but other than that I have nothing keeping me here...and the freedoms that Floridians get to enjoy everyday is so attractive...

The wife and I are looking to relo to Florida eventually.  I'm in CT and it's not great but I have a great job and the family is within driving distance.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Prayers and thought's to everyone.  You're a good guy man.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

The wife and I are looking to relo to Florida eventually.  I'm in CT and it's not great but I have a great job and the family is within driving distance.

So everyone is coming to Florida and people think Florida will still be the utopia they are all thinking in this thread... This thread is going to be fun to watch as it unfolds.

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Everything is always better in everyone else's backyard... 

I like watching you guys starting to worship another republican b.c you didn't learn the first time.

Well I dislike. most democrats and republican since day 1.  Really dislike Cuomo. Independent  most of my life.  but always giving credit where it's due for doing a good job.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Well I dislike. most democrats and republican since day 1.  Really dislike Cuomo. Independent  most of my life.  but always giving credit where it's due for doing a good job.

Yes DeSantis has done a good job when it comes to the vaccines. I am happy about that.

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

So everyone is coming to Florida and people think Florida will still be the utopia they are all thinking in this thread... This thread is going to be fun to watch as it unfolds.

It’s not that people think it’s a utopia, but humans are naturally wired to migrate to places where there is more freedom...that’s why everyone around the world wants to come to the US...too much government control sux...😉

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, JaCrispy said:

It’s not that people think it’s a utopia, but humans are naturally wired to migrate to places where there is more freedom...that’s why everyone around the world wants to come to the US...too much government control sux...😉

You don't have more freedom down here just FYI. It's the same...