I’m warming up to the JJ Watt idea

18 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Count me in as happy if we don’t get the self promotional JJ Watt but lol at the notion that we’re undesirable as seems to be the picture you’re trying to paint,

I said that we’re the 4 most desirable team (5th to JJ watt).......but feel free to see the picture however you like. 

8 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

If Pitt he’d get to play with his brother.

Yeah, that’s why I put them in the mix.  

26 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We def aren’t as big a candidate as the chiefs.  Any team with Brady and Rodgers and teams that play in the NFC (because they don’t have to go through the chiefs to make the SB) are better candidates imo.  The Steelers are (for JJ Watt) because he brothers play there.  We’re probably up next.  

I see Pittsburgh, Green Bay, and Kansas City (in that order) as the most likely candidates.  I would put Tampa and Buffalo in the next grouping with maybe a few other teams like Miami and Los Angeles.

39 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I said that we’re the 4 most desirable team (5th to JJ watt).......but feel free to see the picture however you like. 

Yeah, that’s why I put them in the mix.  

You had us behind KC, all NFC teams and Pittsburgh as if the task of beating KC in a game is so impossible that even the worst of the NFC teams had a better shot at the SB than us.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

We def aren’t as big a candidate as the chiefs.  Any team with Brady and Rodgers and teams that play in the NFC (because they don’t have to go through the chiefs to make the SB) are better candidates imo.  The Steelers are (for JJ Watt) because he brothers play there.  We’re probably up next.  

The Chiefs are something like 15 million over the cap as we speak

The Steelers are an absolute paper tiger that just brought back a QB that SHOULD have retired this year

I guess the NFC teams are valid

25 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

You had us behind KC, all NFC teams and Pittsburgh as if the task of beating KC in a game is so impossible that even the worst of the NFC teams had a better shot at the SB than us.

Meant to type two teams that play in the nfc.....but typed “and” for w/e reason.

obviously we aren’t behind EVERY team in the nfc

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The Chiefs are something like 15 million over the cap as we speak

The Steelers are an absolute paper tiger that just brought back a QB that SHOULD have retired this year

I guess the NFC teams are valid

The chiefs can restructure and sign him for next to nothing if he’s chasing a ring.....if he joined the Steelers, it would be to play with his brothers 

40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The window is now. It’s a one year deal. Can he help them beat KC in 2021. If yes, need to consider it. 

you act like you know what JJ wants? one year deal? I think JJ would want 3

That being said IF its a 1 year deal I can see it. I think a year is all he has left in the tank.

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

you act like you know what JJ wants? one year deal? I think JJ would want 3

That being said IF its a 1 year deal I can see it. I think a year is all he has left in the tank.

He has one year left on his current deal. I assume he would be traded. If he’s cut, I do think he would still want a one year deal. Most vets prefer it that way. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

To win the SB, the Bills need an impact player in their front 7.

And there aren't too many options into getting an impact player.

If Watt can help the Bills WIN the SB in 2021, why not?

Watt is far more likely to be a self aggrandizing locker room disruptor than a contributor.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

He makes a lot of sense.  He may not be what he was, but if he’s healthy in the playoffs, he can be a difference maker.  

I see him joining the steelers or chase his ring with the chiefs, packers or Bucs if Brady returns 

It would certainly be awkward if he’s there when EJ goes up on The Wall! 

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Watt is far more likely to be a self aggrandizing locker room disruptor than a contributor.

Perhaps McD has learnt that process may only get you so far. To win the big one, you need some nasties and if one of them comes with an ego, so be it. I think there is sufficient team spirit around to dilute JJ's ego. 

I am not saying it will happen, but i feel that we were one of the 4 best teams. Our target is now the Chiefs. We have to add the few missing pieces to beat them. JJW fills one of the holes. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago

8 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Perhaps McD has learnt that process may only get you so far. To win the big one, you need some nasties and if one of them comes with an ego, so be it. I think there is sufficient team spirit around to dilute JJ's ego. 

I am not saying it will happen, but i feel that we were one of the 4 best teams. Our target is now the Chiefs. We have to add the few missing pieces to beat them. JJW fills one of the holes. 

If you collected all the albums ever sold by Nirvana and piled them to the moon there still wouldn’t be enough team spirit to hold back Watt’s ego.

• Haha (+1) 1