Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Houston

Process

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Because he's a reclamation project with a superstar contract..........he's a burden for the Eagles.........moving him makes sense for the organization if they can swing it.

Watson and Wilson are superstar QB's who actually elevate their teams greatly.

So if a player sucks its ok for him to want to be moved, but if he is good then it isnt allowed?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Because he's a reclamation project with a superstar contract..........he's a burden for the Eagles.........moving him makes sense for the organization if they can swing it.

Watson and Wilson are superstar QB's who actually elevate their teams greatly.

Oh, I understand why there’s no market for Wentz.  He sucks and I wouldn’t trade a fifth rounder for him.  But that doesn’t explain why people are cool with him demanding a trade, but think Deshaun Watson is a spoiled brat for doing the same...

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

So if a player sucks its ok for him to want to be moved, but if he is good then it isnt allowed?

I think from a team Perspective, one is a huge loss and the other is good riddance.

Also, tons of people have questioned Wentz’ character all year.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You jumped into the thread late.........we already covered the difference between wanting and deserving.

They are free to want.

Josh Allen was free to want to be drafted by his hometown 49ers.

That's not the way it works though.

Collective bargaining and contracts(like the one that Watson signed guaranteeing him $110M) limit the freedom of players to the benefit of the league as a whole.........and therefore the pockets of the players because they share revenue at a near 50/50 split with ownership.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You jumped into the thread late.........we already covered the difference between wanting and deserving.

They are free to want.

Collective bargaining and contracts(like the one that Watson signed guaranteeing him $110M) limit the freedom of players to the benefit of the league as a whole.........and therefore the pockets of the players because they share revenue at a near 50/50 split with ownership.

Wentz is still under contract, as well.  Does his contract not matter?

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They are free to want.

Im on the first page. YOU jumped in late 🤣🤣👍✌️

Seems like youre making up an argument to justify hypocrisy but ok.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Did Wentz demand a trade?  I would think the Eagles would be glad to be rid of him.

Yes, he has requested a trade. Tough to work out with the existing extension numbers.

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yes, he has requested a trade. Tough to work out with the existing extension numbers.

Thanks for the info.  And that's understandable since it appears the Eagles are moving forward with Hurts.

Just now, mannc said:

Wentz is still under contract, as well.  Does his contract not matter?

The team is obligated to pay him the guaranteed portion of his contract.........so yes his contract matters and will be honored.    

They aren't demanding that they don't have to pay him anymore........though they are free to not want to pay him anymore.

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Suddenly I remember what?  The issue is whether (as you claimed):

I didn't remember that.  You didn't provide any evidence to support that, despite providing a link you called out to me as saying it did.

I don't spend time considering what you might or might not think of me or anything I say.  So no, wouldn't claim I know that. 

Wouldn't surprise me though; would be entirely consistent with your creative writing in this thread and the "emoji litter" you use as a substitute for actual response or rebuttal when someone has actually made a point you can't refute factually, like pointing out that a standard 750 ml bottle of wine and 5 adults does not exactly constitute evidence of an "unscrupulous" plot to "get Pegs liquored up"

It could have been a magnum! (I kid.)

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

It would be an ultimate irony, right? The league made the decision to make the NFL all about the QB (they have succeeded), and this is what they get!

I bet the NFL loves this. It's a ton of free media coverage. If Watson or Wilson does get traded you can bet their new team will have multiple primetime games. In fact the NFL probably wants Watson out of Houston ASAP because they're a terrible team that no one cares about wasting a primetime QB.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My initial response was: "Oh, Lordy!"

My secondary response was: "Wait, I guess that's appropriate"

Right? But Watson is way out of line apparently, according to some. Meanwhile Russel Wilson is complaining to Dan Patrick and hankering for a change, and even Orlando Brown(!) is demanding to get out of Baltimore because he wants to play LT not RT. 

And I don’t fault any of them. This is today’s NFL players have way more leverage now. But the fact that Watson is getting soooooo much grief when the managerial malpractice down in Houston is so blatant, so inexcusable is inexplicable to me. Every single player on that team should be demanding out.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Doc said:

Did Wentz demand a trade?  I would think the Eagles would be glad to be rid of him.

I think he demanded a hug, and was refused. Let the Eagles out of that contract and he gets far more than a hug! 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Looks like the televangelist is about to become team president!

Meh, the Bills once made a totally unqualified marketing guy the actual GM of the football team.  

To the astonishment of many............the Bills current owner made herself the president of both the NHL and NFL teams.

Neither situation looked wise AT ALL.

But as a fan I'm much more comfortable with someone with no experience or professional qualifications for said job in an off-field position than one that is supposed to be scouting and assembling the on-field talent.

Caserio was a legit NFL GM candidate for the past couple seasons.