Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Houston

Process

13 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

If Watson really won't play for Houston this would be a very attractive offer IMO.  Three 1st round picks and one of the best RB's in the NFL.

I would take it and then draft Fields if he’s there at 8

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would take it and then draft Fields if he’s there at 8

Have to believe the Jets can put together a much more attractive package; not sure how important it is to Houston to send him to the NFC.

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

Have to believe the Jets can put together a much more attractive package; not sure how important it is to Houston to send him to the NFC.

It seemed important to them to send Hopkins out of the AFC.  And Watson won't agree to be traded to the Jets anyway.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Christian McCaffrey's response: What did I do wrong that I am being punished for B👁️b's sins and Watson'$ pocketbook?

monsters_vs_aliens_290_195_80.jpg

Dr. Cockroach Ph.D. : [about B.O.B]  Forgive him, but as you can see, he has no brain.

B.O.B. : Turns out, you don't need one. Totally overrated! As a matter of fact, I don't even...

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

No, which why I’m not saying that he will or will not accept a trade to NY.  I don’t know why he wouldn’t, but who knows?

The Jets are almost as much of a dumpster fire as the Texans are and would have to give up several picks.  Why would he want to go there?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

The Jets are almost as much of a dumpster fire as the Texans are and would have to give up several picks.  Why would he want to go there?

Maybe he likes the coach and GM?  The Jets are turning things around and would be competitive very quickly with Watson.  They could trade both ones this year and a 2 this year, plus a first next year, and still have a full complement of picks both years (other than not having a one this year).  They have a lot of holes, but they also have some pretty good pieces already.

9 hours ago, mannc said:

Maybe he likes the coach and GM?  The Jets are turning things around and would be competitive very quickly with Watson.  They could trade both ones this year and a 2 this year, plus a first next year, and still have a full complement of picks both years (other than not having a one this year).  They have a lot of holes, but they also have some pretty good pieces already.

They haven't done anything other than hire new coaches.  And Watson already intimated that he wouldn't want to play for them.

10 hours ago, mannc said:

I agree. The pick situation is such that the Jets can trade three #1s and not leave themselves capital deficient. And he allegedly does like Robert Saleh. However not sure they have that many pieces. He'd inherit a beast of a young LT to protect his blindside, but beyond that not sure there is a lot on the Jets.  There is Crowder as a slot but their WR corps are not great after that - Mims is little more than an incomplete. They have a couple of pieces on D I suppose. I have heard as well that he is not really interested in going there. Think he'd prefer San Fran, Miami or Carolina if they were options. 

17 hours ago, Doc said:

It seemed important to them to send Hopkins out of the AFC.  And Watson won't agree to be traded to the Jets anyway.

Agree, no high level player with a brain wants to be part of the jets organization, especially a QB of Watson’s capacity. That and Watson is trying to get out of a terrible situation, why in gods name would he want to play for the jets, when he can get money playing with any team that wants him. 

On 2/16/2021 at 2:52 PM, GunnerBill said:

Works for me too. One year working with Deshaun Watson and Joe Brady is THE hot NFL Head Coaching candidate in 2022. 

Tim Kelly just got Watson to his best career season, by far.  His reward is to coach under Grandpa Cully

I guess 4-12 in Carolina will look better than 4-12 in Houston?

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Tim Kelly just got Watson to his best career season, by far.  His reward is to coach under Grandpa Cully

I guess 4-12 in Carolina will look better than 4-12 in Houston?

Tim Kelly doesn't have the reputation Joe Brady already has. He got interviews this year. I also don't believe Carolina would be 4-12. Put Watson on that team, even minus McCaffrey who missed a large chunk of this year when they went 5-11 and they are a .500 team at worst next season in an NFC with a Falcons team in transition and a Saints team with no Quarterback. 

• Agree 2

23 hours ago, Doc said:

They haven't done anything other than hire new coaches.  And Watson already intimated that he wouldn't want to play for them.

There are a lot of people that love Joe Douglas. He helped build 3 super bowl champions during his scouting career.  He didn’t hire Gase.  While he wasted 2020 by keeping him, he made out like a bandit getting multiple 1st rd picks for a safety.  I like the saleh hire.  I think he’s a great fit for the culture they need to implement.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

There are a lot of people that love Joe Douglas. He helped build 3 super bowl champions during his scouting career.  He didn’t hire Gase.  While he wasted 2020 by keeping him, he made out like a bandit getting multiple 1st rd picks for a safety.  I like the saleh hire.  I think he’s a great fit for the culture they need to implement.

All well and good but they need to produce results.  I still can't see him wanting to join them until they do.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

The Jets had a nice draft in 2020 and they are loaded with picks in the next two drafts. They absolutely could have a Dolphin-like turnaround starting in 2021.