RB TE and Dline

passed well and created turnovers this season. That goes a long way in this league. 

there was a reason though that I was banging a drum for another splurge in the front 7, or playmaker with the ball.

we were close and this might’ve been our easiest shot. 

on the bright side I think much like looking overwhelmed by the playoffs last year, they came back battle tested this year... I hope next year they will be more ready for the level of intensity in championship games. The chiefs are a little more talented but seemed a lot more intense. That poyer quote about being ready for anything because they’ve been there? They looked like they had not been here. I think they learn from it but we will see.

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Knox is a good depth TE. Yet not a guy I ever see catching 7-8 balls a game.

Sure but if the TE was catching 7 or 8 balls, that's 7 or 8 less going to Diggs, Beasely and others,

1 minute ago, Tcali said:

Knox isnt terrible but he just fumbles with(struggles with) the ball a lot.Not a great receiver

If the team was 70 or 80 million under the cap I'd agree, but with limited $$, think there are much bigger needs than TE. Both lines for starters and RB

We will never beat Mahomes without a better pass rush.  That has to priority #1 in the offseason.  We also need a decent RB but that should not be hard to fix as long as Beane can man up and admit he got it wrong with Singletary.  Pass rush is a different story.  There is so much overpaid dead weight on the DL.  If I’m Beane I’d move heaven and earth to get a guy like Fletcher Cox, a vet chasing a ring who’s currently in a dumpster fire situation.  He demands double teams and blows up game plans.  

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

I don't care how we do it, but to take the next step we need to be able to run the ball first and foremost. 

This x1000. KC defense isn’t that good, but they didn’t respect our running game and just played coverage all night and made it very hard on our wide receivers

Running game is a serious issue. Are we sure that it's the personnel and not Daboll, though? I'm definitely open to the idea that neither Moss or Singletary are all that good, or rather may just be complementary backs, but are we sure that if we got a Nick Chubb that Daboll would actually treat him like Nick Chubb? Either way we need another back, it can't just be these three.

1 minute ago, Tcali said:

pressure and complete clogging of the middle--allowing blitzers to come flying in on the outside

When Sam Adams and big Ted lined up for us I used to literally LOL at some of the attempts to run against us. Plus Ted could get pass rush sometimes as well.