AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

Just now, Steptide said:

We're about 25 hrs away from kick off and the anticipation is brutal. Today has been a long day 

Lol, I have been fine for the whole week, until yesterday evening and now it's really setting in today. Love it though. I knew our Bills would be better this season after last year.

But I didn't expect this much better, just yet anyway. So it has been a pleasant surprise. Think I predicted 11-5 or 12-4 before it started. I did kinda expect them to win the division this year, but not in the fashion they did do it with a sweep of everyone.

Been a great ride no matter what happens tomorrow.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The more I think about the game, the more I think Sammy is gonna be an integral part of their offense tomorrow. If he’s healthy, he’s a mismatch against any of wallace, Norman and johnson. 

Yes, Playoff Sammy Watkins = Clemson Sammy Watkins and it's a problem. Hopefully he's still bothered by the calf.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

TBH, if you have only casually watched both teams all year and have your general talking points, you are picking the chiefs here. The analysis is easy— they shut josh down in the first game and Josh player poorly last week, Matthieu is a beast (because he had a great game last week), and Mahomes is the best QB in the league.

That's what I don't get. I mean, commentary is these people's job. They're supposed to be informed. And it's not hard. In fact, it's fun and really interesting to look at the tape and do your research. Yet it seems 3/4 of them just wing it off the top of their head, repeating fluff they heard on the radio driving into work. "Allen has been struggling in the playoffs"; "Mahomes is unstoppable"; "It's going to be the same as the first game, which I didn't watch but I heard a lot about." Lazy, dumb, glib, smug... And then they don't own it when they're wrong. 

7 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

It's not even lazy/old takes, just wrong ones - some totally from left field.  But if they say it with a lot of volume and conviction it must be true.  And there's rarely anyone else present with any actual knowledge to correct or challenge them. 

This is absolutely correct.

7 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Now, imagine that this isn't just true for football

Yes: I can say this 💯 true due to "insider" knowledge.

Quick story: for 2 yrs, I was "public" as on-air expert for one of the Big 3 broadcast networks, NY hq. Won't say which cuz you'll look me up, then roast me for my makeup and live hits.

Anyway, colleague and myself were the young(ish), just-been-on-the-ground, kind of analysts. The other major expert group was compromised of retired flag officers and an academic or two.

Analogy: 1st group= today's youtubers, few analysts that care. 2nd group=typical nfl analyst, esp ex-players.

We--the hungry ones--worked arses off w PAs, EPs, News Directors, anchor, etc. Not just for our personal on-air hits, but for any story on the subject, w/n unclassified boundaries, of course.

Other group: ehhh, not so much. Stuff they pulled out their butts we couldn't believe! They felt their "access" to this or that senior official, or someone on JCS was all that was required.

Needless to say, it was disgusting. But, the $ was ridiculous, and even that (very) small notoriety brought, well, pleasurable attention!

ok, done w my rant.

Edited by Dukestreetking
Typos, typos
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Lol, I have been fine for the whole week, until yesterday evening and now it's really setting in today. Love it though. I knew our Bills would be better this season after last year.

But I didn't expect this much better, just yet anyway. So it has been a pleasant surprise. Think I predicted 11-5 or 12-4 before it started. I did kinda expect them to win the division this year, but not in the fashion they did do it with a sweep of everyone.

Been a great ride no matter what happens tomorrow.

Yep I agree. Have to keep reminding myself of this. I had them at 10-6 this year and they far exceeded my expectations. I wanna get to that superbowl, but even if they don't, this season has been so much more than I think any of us expected 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The more I think about the game, the more I think Sammy is gonna be an integral part of their offense tomorrow. If he’s healthy, he’s a mismatch against any of wallace, Norman and johnson. 

This is true. Not sure if he is gona go tomorrow, but if he does, he may not be 100% either. Also knowing Watkins as well as we do, he may not go the full game before he is hurt again. Guy had/has the talent, just not reliable to stay on the field. And in that event, what good are you? A handful of games?

Not sure how many total games he has missed this season so far, but we know he can't stay healthy.

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Yep I agree. Have to keep reminding myself of this. I had them at 10-6 this year and they far exceeded my expectations. I wanna get to that superbowl, but even if they don't, this season has been so much more than I think any of us expected 

I can’t really describe what this season has been like. Probably will write about it at some point. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, RevWarRifleman said:

Go Bills!!  I want revenge for the 1967 AFL championship game. Yes, I remember it.

Didn’t we get that in the ‘93 AFC championship game? I see this game as the rubber match. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, AKC said:

Trend: Sean McDermott and Andy Reid are 1 and 1 against each other with the winner in both cases being the visiting team. 

The coaching feels like a wash in this one.  McD has really emerged - I have complete faith in him at this point, and the staff. They gameplan & adjust very well.

Reid has always been a top coach. I was really happy he got the monkey off his back last year.  It has really changed the narrative on him (though true fans of the game always knew he was great).

The Chiefs have a good team. We have a good team. I’ll take our guys any day of the week just as much as Chiefs fans will take their guys. 

Last  week I was about 50-50 how the game would turn out. And last week one side of the ball exceeded my expectations. This week I feel about 60-40 for us hoping that all three phases of the ball come together.

I’m thankful we have a have Quarterback that has played to Mahomes level this season.

I thin game should be different than our first matchup.  Both teams missed some key players. Our offense had to adjust after the Titans Chiefs games to how they were being defended. We should have more answers. Daboll is right though we need to score points in this one. 

All that is left is  to play the game  and put forth our best effort! That’s all we can hope for.  

I think our best effort gives us a great shot to win. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I can’t really describe what this season has been like. Probably will write about it at some point. 

Would be an interesting read. As far as Bills fans or die hard football fans of whatever teams they like. But think Bills fans would relate to it the most since we are all likely feeling and going through the same thoughts/emotions. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Steptide said:

All along I had the Bills at 12 or more wins this season and winning the East, but even I did not imagine what Allen in particular has done. I envisioned a better defense all year with Allen taking the next reasonable step, and I thought next year would be when the Bills became a monster. It has been my second favorite Bills season of all time (1990) but if they win tomorrow it may surpass even that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, eball said:

All along I had the Bills at 12 or more wins this season and winning the East, but even I did not imagine what Allen in particular has done. I envisioned a better defense all year with Allen taking the next reasonable step, and I thought next year would be when the Bills became a monster. It has been my second favorite Bills season of all time (1990) but if they win tomorrow it may surpass even that. 

if they win tomorrow, this will be the best single season in team history, IMO.  a lot of that has to do with overcoming covid,  the meteoric rise of Allen, and the quality of their regular season and playoff wins. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2