AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Oh them. ESPN

fm7p29uwoz5tbik4jgoq.jpg

USA Today 

t57gjfruypkdxoemaeca.jpg

they were wrong last week too

TBH, if you have only casually watched both teams all year and have your general talking points, you are picking the chiefs here. The analysis is easy— they shut josh down in the first game and Josh player poorly last week, Matthieu is a beast (because he had a great game last week), and Mahomes is the best QB in the league.

I think the people that study the tape and have watched both of these teams’ games critically are more evenly split on who is going to win, if not picking the Bills at a higher rate. 

I think the Bills are going to surprise a lot of people tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

TBH, if you have only casually watched both teams all year and have your general talking points, you are picking the chiefs here. The analysis is easy— they shut josh down in the first game and Josh player poorly last week, Matthieu is a beast (because he had a great game last week), and Mahomes is the best QB in the league.

I think the people that study the tape and have watched both of these teams’ games critically are more evenly split on who is going to win, if not picking the Bills at a higher rate. 

I think the Bills are going to surprise a lot of people tomorrow. 

and these same people said Lamar was the better Qb too. 

What happened 12 weeks ago is ancient history with the way the defense has evolved and how much healthier they Bills are. 

IF They base it on that alone. They would be making a bad assessment 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

and these same people said Lamar was the better Qb too. 

hat happened 12 weeks ago is ancient history with the way the defense has evolved and how much healthier they Bills are. 

Exactly. Why is Lamar better? Because I saw him have a ridiculous run a week ago against the Titans. The analysis is so shallow— it’s mostly recency bias. 

I know Matthieu is very good, but because he had a good game against Cleveland last week, he is suddenly now like Ed Reed and will shut down an entire side of the field? 

I suppose we can also expect Taron to get another pick 6, and to hold the chiefs to 3, while we are playing this game. 

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is actually a fair point.  Excluding the Chargers game where the Chiefs were resting people, I would say it's true of 4 out of the final 7 games (Car, Tampa, Mia, NO) and not true of the Raiders (who led 3x including 31-28 late), Broncos (led 16-12) and Falcons (led 14-10).

Of course, it's equally true that some of the Bills games were not as close as the final score would appear because we let them back in it...and the counterpunch to that is the difference between "garbage time scoring" and "a brilliant come from behind effort" is only determined retrospectively, after the time W or L.

I actually put the Carolina game down as one where KC was comfortably ahead!  Hmmm

The final play of that game was Carolina attempting a 67 yard field goal that would have won the game......it had the distance and missed wide right......was almost an epic NFL classic.

20 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I'm confused as to why the Bills would post that. Unless it's some sort of sarcastic post that I can't see. lol

Bulletin board material I presume

4 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

The final play of that game was Carolina attempting a 67 yard field goal that would have won the game......it had the distance and missed wide right......was almost an epic NFL classic.

OK, so make it 3 of the last 7 games where the Chiefs were comfortably ahead and the game wasn't as close as the score would indicate

Just now, starrymessenger said:

TBH I’m not at all sure Brown and Beas are entirely themselves right now. Sure they will play and give it all they have got.

Brown was off for 4 weeks. That’s as much rest as anyone is going to get. He caught 8 balls last week.

I don’t get this Beasley isn’t himself talk. He wore a brace and gutted out the Colts game two weeks ago with 7 catches. And last week before the Ravens game he said he was doing much better, and he was fine in that game. He created separation, there are still shots of it. People keep referencing that one pass from Allen on an out route in which he looked slow. The throw was not on target. 

Just watched the interview from this week of Beasley. No mention of his health, his knee. He’s Cole Beasley and I think he’ll play great.

Man, no one told us about this - making the championship game really wreaks havoc on having a normal weekend.  I feel like I'm just finding things to do the whole time.

Doesn't even feel like a Saturday.  People never tell you about the downside.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Yep. I don't have an account over there on the Orange Mane but yeah, I've seen you beat those guys over the head about them passing on Allen. The way I see it, the Broncos just had terrible luck. That bad luck being terrible timing. Elway swung and missed massively twice on Oz and Lynch. Two big QB's, with perhaps underwhelming collegiate production and with athletic ability in the case of Lynch. But both were viewed as long term projects as Allen was. It would have taken massive balls for Elway to commit to a third prospect of this kind in Allen. The irony of it all of course is that Allen is probably the prototypical Elway QB prospect. And we learned that Elway's balls were not quite as large as we thought.

Now you just need to work on chilling out your fellow Chiefs fans over at Chiefs Planet. So many posters over there feel threatened by the fact that Allen could possibly be on the same level as Mahomes. 

As you said, the Bills have done a bang up job on developing Josh. Not just working with him specifically but building good offensive personnel around him. Not a knock at Mahomes but Allen was not given a golden plate so to speak when he became the Bills starting QB like Mahomes was given from day 1. It seems many Chiefs fans and some in the media do not take this into account.

Wow...thanks for taking notice of my stuff over at Orangemane.....

I completely agree with this (Bolded)  .....and I've pointed it out to the Broncos fans.....the O line Allen started with, 4 of the 5 were out of football within a year.  Allen was the leading rusher...by ALOT.   The recievers out of football or on the fringe of rosters as no.5 WR....it was a BAD roster.  Especially on offense.  Clearly Mahomes was given the keys to a porche...and he drove it like a championship racecar driver.  Allen was given the keys to used 1988 Yugo and drove it like a communist era taxi driver in Moscow.  ....It's a HUGE HUGE credit to the Bill entire organization what you've done with the roster, and developing Allen....many of you know I was here from the beginning as an Allen doubter...I didn't think it could be done....but wow...what a story, what a player.....If the Bills win Sunday....they are my team the in the Super Bowl.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Breaking this down even more....

These are only stats from the KC/BUF game earlier this year.

Buffalo targeted WR on 84% of their pass plays in that game for a 48% success rate and an average of only 4.9 yards.  

In that game, KC only 46% of their targets went to WR...35% to RB and the other 19% to RB.  

Buffalo not having a TE or RB threat in the passing game plays to KC's strengths on D....and the Bills inability to cover TE....plays into why Kelce is a huge difference in this game.

Kelce is a huge difference in any game.  Acting like the game early in the year means anything is misguided.  We had a lot of injuries to our keystone players on defense.  Alan was in an arm brace from a bad shoulder injury against the Raiders.  Just like we can't cover everyone neither can the Chiefs.  The QB that best figures out the mismatches and makes the least mistakes will win.  This game is really more like 50/50 and you talk like its 80/20.  You are in for a rude surprise.  The Bills may not win but they can hang with anyone.  

8 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Exactly. Why is Lamar better? Because I saw him have a ridiculous run a week ago against the Titans. The analysis is so shallow— it’s mostly recency bias. 

I know Matthieu is very good, but because he had a good game against Cleveland last week, he is suddenly now like Ed Reed and will shut down an entire side of the field? 

I suppose we can also expect Taron to get another pick 6, and to hold the chiefs to 3, while we are playing this game. 

I think Matthieu is a very very good player.  But when they posted about how he had a season-best performance against the Browns where he "finished with seven total tackles, one interception, and one pass defended" my first reaction was "isn't that just kind of 'day at the office' for Jordan Poyer? 

Poyer only has 2 picks this season, but 6 games with 7 or more solo tackles; 11 games with 7 or more solo+ combined including 10 combined, 1 QB hit, 1 pick, 1 PD; 8 combined, 1 QB hit, 1 TFL; 6 combined, 1 QB hit, 1 TFL, 1 PD.  🤷‍♂️.  He's a beast; glad we paid him.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Brown was off for 4 weeks. That’s as much rest as anyone is going to get. He caught 8 balls last week.

I don’t get this Beasley isn’t himself talk. He wore a brace and gutted out the Colts game two weeks ago with 7 catches. And last week before the Ravens game he said he was doing much better, and he was fine in that game. He created separation, there are still shots of it. People keep referencing that one pass from Allen on an out route in which he looked slow. The throw was not on target. 

Just watched the interview from this week of Beasley. No mention of his health, his knee. He’s Cole Beasley and I think he’ll play great.

There was one play early on where Beas tried to cut and slipped and fell, but that kind of thing does happen occasionally regardless.

Do I think Bease is hampered, sure.  Do I think he can still contribute?  Absolutely.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2