Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

There was some seriously jaw dropping plays going on from Allen. Needless to say, without Allen at the reins, the Bills lose this one by 10+ points. 

without the Man, the Myth, the Legend.   We may still be in the Hunt for the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Thanks for posting this. I don't have NFLN anymore so least I can catch a little here. But Josh amazes me quite often with some of the throws he makes. Kid is just hands down a play maker. Love re-watching some of his throws.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Thanks for posting this. I don't have NFLN anymore so least I can catch a little here. But Josh amazes me quite often with some of the throws he makes. Kid is just hands down a play maker. Love re-watching some of his throws.

Its one of the main reasons I run the Annual GMFB Love thread.  

Those w/o or at work and can't see get to enjoy it as well.  

@BringBackFergy  ;)  ;)  ;)  

💗 ya buddy

(do I really?) 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

without the Man, the Myth, the Legend.   We may still be in the Hunt for the playoffs.  

Indeed. Not to forget the efforts of his supporting cast - on that one drive before the half, Davis' 2 toe drag catches were briliiant. Combined with Diggs' usual 100+ yard game and key catches by the as-yet injured Beas and we have a winning combination. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TylerD said:

Good luck this weekend folks! I'll be cheering the Bills on, should be one hell of a game.

Thanks for being a classy guest.

The Colts are excellent and it seems like they have a very bright future. I’d put money on the Bills facing them in the playoffs again in the coming years.

Feel free to stick around as long as you want. This remains a very active forum all offseason. One of the best — if not THE best — NFL message boards in existence. We can always use more good posters!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The argument can be made that forcing teams to dink/dunk down the field forces them to be on point the entire drive, and that's how you get a drop in the flat or inaccurate pass from the QB that stalls out a drive.  

I have no problem playing that type of defense, but you have to be able to get off the field on 3rd down and/or create some negative plays/turnovers.  We did none of that against Indy. 

They bled clock, we let them.  They needed to score fast, we let them.  No turnovers forced.  No sacks.  Barely any QB pressures. 

Now, some of this is our defense had a bad day.  Some of it is Indy was a bad matchup for this defense.  Some of it was Indy/Rivers executed at a high level for 90% of the game.  

This is spot on. This is basically our MO this year. Look at the AZ game. Look at NE game one. We basically executed this, went up early, and only blew it via the Hail Murray. 

Both those games were closer becuase of offensive woes. But if the offense is on or we can get a couple more big plays, we are winners. 

This is why we dont need to "stop the run" etc.. Key is always 3rd downs , turnovers, pressure.....

Id add with this game, an added key will also be avoiding chunk gains...hail murray or LJ big runs

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TylerD said:

Good luck this weekend folks! I'll be cheering the Bills on, should be one hell of a game.

Thanks. Little worried/anxious about this one. Your Colts played a hell of a game btw. They had the perfect game plan and it worked well. They could have very well won that game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

and without Tom Brady the patriots never had a dynasty

Funny you say that because after the game I was thinking (without shame) that "that  game looked similar to a lot of games the Pats** used to win in the playoffs. Even when getting seemingly dominated, keep your cool, minimize mistakes, make critical plays on offense, great in-game coaching and pull off the close games"

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, TylerD said:

Be curious what you thought about the 4th down pass.   Everyone I have talked to so far would have kicked the FG.  Your concerns about them disappearing were not founded.  The Colts played an entire 60m game.  A few bad breaks, a bad replay challenge, and a few missed passes was what separated your team from the W.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TylerD said:

Thanks for the good wishes.  I've always pulled for the Colts (especially in the Manning/Brady days!).  

I watched the replay last night, and still can't believe the Bills pulled it out.  In many ways, the Colts dominated that game.  There are no real weaknesses that I can see on that team, and they have a lot of great young players.  Bright future ahead, imo.

And I think there has been way too much second-guessing of Reich.  Fortune generally favors the bold, and he was bold - if those plays were executed, people would be praising his aggressiveness. That's just how the game is. He coached an excellent game and had that team ready to play.

• Like (+1) 5

32 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Indeed. Not to forget the efforts of his supporting cast - on that one drive before the half, Davis' 2 toe drag catches were briliiant. Combined with Diggs' usual 100+ yard game and key catches by the as-yet injured Beas and we have a winning combination. 

The "connection" between Josh and his receivers is finally here this year (and hasn't really been in his first two years).  Our WRs know what to do when Josh does this, or that.  This was an earlier criticism I expressed about Davis (and it really wasn't fair to the rookie).  To have WRs know where Josh wants them, or needs them, to be, when Josh improvises is simply poetry in motion.  These WRs, including the rookie, are special to watch along with JA.

5 hours ago, CSBill said:

Chandler, you know I appreciate and respect the contribution you make to this board, but I have to ask, why show this stupidity?

I also wonder, based on the comments made by those at the game how Security was all over them about mask wearing, but I don't see one bit of movement from them in this video. Everyone one of these idiots should have been kicked out and have their  season tickets revoked. Just stupid!

Appreciate the nice words. Why? Cuz it’s as common at Bills games as the SHOUT! song. I was hoping with less than 7k in the stands and ore than a year since ANYONE saw a Bills game live, maybe it wouldn’t happen. Especially given how rare the opportunity was. But, NOooooooo..

3 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

How do you go to a game with only 6700 fans and still find some way to fight someone? Lol wow

‘Zactly.

3 hours ago, nucci said:

People actually listen to Stephen A Smith?

No one I know.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

We gave up 22 to the Texans and were a terrible blindside block call away from winning and holding them to 19z. 

we held the the colts to 24, tied for their lowest scoring output in 12Ish weeks.  We held Taylor to 3.7 ypc.  While it wasn’t a good defensive performance Saturday, they did what they wanted to do. Shut down Taylor and win the game.  

the communication on defense was the issue Saturday. Watch the cover1 videos. 

or maybe we can fire Frazier and/or McDermott right now.

Shhhhh!🤫 You’re killing his narrative.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Funny you say that because after the game I was thinking (without shame) that "that  game looked similar to a lot of games the Pats** used to win in the playoffs. Even when getting seemingly dominated, keep your cool, minimize mistakes, make critical plays on offense, great in-game coaching and pull off the close games"

Just want to address the bold, coach McD was GREAT in that game against Colts. Well he has been great all season really, but it was really on display in that playoff game. The way he worked that TO to make sure that fumble was reviewed was smart. They were not going to review it at all, or it certainly seemed that way.

With time under 2 mins plays like that are supposed to be automatically reviewed. I don't know what the hell that officiating crew was thinking but when he used that TO he surely reminded them it needed to be reviewed. And returning (as they should have) the TO he used.

He basically used it to his advantage to inform the officials to do their job. In any event that was just as bad a call as the b.s "INT" earlier in the season imo.

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Appreciate the nice words. Why? Cuz it’s as common at Bills games as the SHOUT! song. I was hoping with less than 7k in the stands and ore than a year since ANYONE saw a Bills game live, maybe it wouldn’t happen. Especially given how rare the opportunity was. But, NOooooooo..

‘Zactly.

No one I know.

Shhhhh!🤫 You’re killing his narrative.

What I miss? What happened? 

1 minute ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Just want to address the bold, coach McD was GREAT in that game against Colts. Well he has been great all season really, but it was really on display in that playoff game. The way he worked that TO to make sure that fumble was reviewed was smart. They were not going to review it at all, or it certainly seemed that way.

With time under 2 mins plays like that are supposed to be automatically reviewed. I don't know what the hell that officiating crew was thinking but when he used that TO he surely reminded them it needed to be reviewed. And returning (as they should have) the TO he used.

He basically used it to his advantage to inform the officials to do their job. In any event that was just as bad a call as the b.s "INT" earlier in the season imo.

I was on Footballzebras.com yesterday evening and came across this little gem:

https://www.footballzebras.com/2021/01/6-officiating-observations-from-wild-card-weekend/

6. Quiet on the officiating front

There were some close games and a few yawners.

But, there wasn’t any cringe-worthy call this weekend, nor were there any games where the officiating was sub-par.

There was a sporadic clunky moment here and there, but each official proved their worth this weekend.”

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I was on Footballzebras.com yesterday evening and came across this little gem:

https://www.footballzebras.com/2021/01/6-officiating-observations-from-wild-card-weekend/

6. Quiet on the officiating front

There were some close games and a few yawners.

But, there wasn’t any cringe-worthy call this weekend, nor were there any games where the officiating was sub-par.

There was a sporadic clunky moment here and there, but each official proved their worth this weekend.”

Well I'm not sure about all the other games because I didn't get to watch all of them. However I could not disagree more with the bold. Was a horrible call and they have to be better, especially in the post season.

That complete ***** up of a call, after reviewing it I might add, had the potential to turn the game completely around. They cannot and should not have blown calls that are that bad at any time during any game during the post season. Regular season either for that matter, but it's just way more crucial in post season obviously.

It's just frustrating, with these playoff teams worked their asses off to get in the post season, with everything the players/coaches put into it to get their teams in position, that a b.s call that was complete hands down wrong has a very high potential to determine the outcome of a post season game.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

Ravens fan on One Bills Live likes their chances due to the trenches. 

Certainly a valid hope if you're a Ravens fan. 

Gut check time for our DL & LB'ers.  Milano, Edmunds, Oliver, Hughes, Addison... looking at you.

Just now, SCBills said:

Ravens fan on One Bills Live likes their chances due to the trenches. 

Certainly a valid hope if you're a Ravens fan. 

Gut check time for our DL & LB'ers.  Milano, Edmunds, Oliver, Hughes, Addison... looking at you.

At least we had a nice tune-up against a team that was solid in the trenches   

• Like (+1) 1