Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Ravens fan on One Bills Live likes their chances due to the trenches. 

Certainly a valid hope if you're a Ravens fan. 

Gut check time for our DL & LB'ers.  Milano, Edmunds, Oliver, Hughes, Addison... looking at you.

Basically, Ne but with a faster qb.

26 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Appreciate the nice words. Why? Cuz it’s as common at Bills games as the SHOUT! song. I was hoping with less than 7k in the stands and ore than a year since ANYONE saw a Bills game live, maybe it wouldn’t happen. Especially given how rare the opportunity was. But, NOooooooo..

‘Zactly.

No one I know.

Shhhhh!🤫 You’re killing his narrative.

Nevermind, I went way up thread and found what you're talking about. That's crazy, I didn't know this happened. You would think everyone enjoying the game that they are finally able to attend for a while would be happy having a great time. I'm sure most or all did besides this particular bunch.

Anyways, that's a shame it happened. I'm sure the alcohol didn't help the situation either lol.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Ravens fan on One Bills Live likes their chances due to the trenches. 

Certainly a valid hope if you're a Ravens fan. 

Gut check time for our DL & LB'ers.  Milano, Edmunds, Oliver, Hughes, Addison... looking at you.

Yup, I can agree with them. If I was a Ravens fan I would think the same thing. I would feel pretty good about their OL handling business and I would be confident the ground game will be strong.

I can see the point. Other half of the glass though is they know Bills offense is going to put points on the board and would be difficult for them if Bills can get a strong start and get a good lead. They definitely don't want to play catch up I would think.

If you get a chance, re-watch the Pats* Ravens matchup from earlier in the season. The Pats* forced Lamar to be a pocket QB about as well as I've ever seen another team do it. The Ravens offense never really found its rhythm in that one. 

It was also surprising to see Cam hit a few of the deep crossers we used so well against Miami in the first matchup with them. He hit them on Humphrey and Peters, set up by play action. I cant stand Belicheat, but if I'm McD I'd be watching the Pats* Ravens film a ton this week.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

Ravens D can be beat... And we have seen Allen has the ability to pick defenses apart.  

Yup, he has been great. Just hope our Oline can keep them at bay for the most part. While they can be beat, they can very well beat you too. They have always had a good D and can get pressure pretty well.

Josh, Daboll, and the offense has done a very good job throughout the season with adjustments against these good defenses. I feel confident the offense will do their part. More worried about Bills D as I'm sure a majority of ppl are.

Kyle Brandt makes an interesting point, that I think is leading the narrative this week in that "there's a stat called juice, and the Ravens have it"....  I mean, I get it... 

I also remember last time they were feeling themselves and got knocked out.  Big Truss, woo woo.

Edited by SCBills

We struggle with qbs that get the ball out quick. Weve always struggled vs rivers. Felt nervous going in because of that. 

Yeah the ravens are better running and stopping the run but im actually a little less worried about this game. I really think were going to handle them. We have to make jackson a thrower. If we can jump on them early i think we will roll them. 

We contained lamar last year and nearly won when our offense wasnt nearly as good either

Edited by BillsSbSoon
  • Like (+1) 1

Not sure if already covered here or elsewhere, but we should be expecting nothing but class from the Ravens, right? 🙄

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30687874/baltimore-ravens-celebration-tennessee-titans-logo-team-unity-not-disrespect

"The Ravens were penalized 15 yards for taunting, but it had no impact on the game. Six plays later, Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson knelt one final time and ran off the field without shaking hands with the Titans, waving at his teammates to do the same."

C'mon Buffalo. Don't let your logo get disrespected this weekend. Win!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

really hope Daboll replaced those weird designed QB draws with screen passes to counter the Ravens heavy blitzing. 

Ravens aren't nearly as good of a blitzing team as the Steelers, I thought we did a good job vs their blitz in the 2nd half of that game. That said, Ravens secondary is elite, far better than Pittsburg's 

12 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

If you get a chance, re-watch the Pats* Ravens matchup from earlier in the season. The Pats* forced Lamar to be a pocket QB about as well as I've ever seen another team do it. The Ravens offense never really found its rhythm in that one. 

It was also surprising to see Cam hit a few of the deep crossers we used so well against Miami in the first matchup with them. He hit them on Humphrey and Peters, set up by play action. I cant stand Belicheat, but if I'm McD I'd be watching the Pats* Ravens film a ton this week.

Yeah and actually might would look at the Titans game that they won. Titans actually were doing a pretty good job for quite a while there I thought. Anyway I don't remember how early in the season it was when the Ravens/Pats game was, but imo when it's early in a season a lot of teams will have issues and kinks to work out.

In other words teams may have already tried what Pats did to a certain extent and it didn't work as well. I mean I kinda feel like if a team we were about to play pulled film from the Bills-Raiders game in week 3, imo it would not be as helpful as the film from week 13 onto present. I'm sure they could get alittle bits and pieces to use for their own thing.

But just saying I don't think you can really get a whole lot current info from film on a game in week 3 compared to like last quarter of the season. Teams are still feeling things out for the most part I would think, but yeah I think they are getting film form a numbers of games the Ravens played.

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Not sure if already covered here or elsewhere, but we should be expecting nothing but class from the Ravens, right? 🙄

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30687874/baltimore-ravens-celebration-tennessee-titans-logo-team-unity-not-disrespect

"The Ravens were penalized 15 yards for taunting, but it had no impact on the game. Six plays later, Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson knelt one final time and ran off the field without shaking hands with the Titans, waving at his teammates to do the same."

C'mon Buffalo. Don't let your logo get disrespected this weekend. Win!!!

That logo stomping was retribution from earlier in the season where the titians held a pre game meeting on the ravens logo in pre game warm ups

Just now, Penfield45 said:

really hope Daboll replaced those weird designed QB draws with screen passes to counter the Ravens heavy blitzing. 

Ravens aren't nearly as good of a blitzing team as the Steelers, I thought we did a good job vs their blitz in the 2nd half of that game. That said, Ravens secondary is elite, far better than Pittsburg's 

I can’t see Baltimore blitzing heavy.

I know that’s what they do and that’s their strength.

But they would be asking for big trouble if they give the bills a lot of cover 1/cover 0

32 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

Ravens D can be beat... And we have seen Allen has the ability to pick defenses apart.  

Basically we will go as far as Allen takes us (again) 

I'm not expecting our defense to stop Lamar all game, but we gotta put up 30 against that ravens defense. need a big game from John Brown, he has been really disappointing the last 2 playoff games. I remember he had that huge drop in the texans game last year that would have setup 1st and goal from the 5

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

I don't like those plays much either. You have to understand though, he did that because the Colts were planned against the pass a lot more than his running. He called those plays because it was working for the most part. Some of them didn't and I agree were a little head scratching.

But I definitely understand the reason behind it. Have to do whatever it takes to get any advantage possible and win.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

I can’t see Baltimore blitzing heavy.

I know that’s what they do and that’s their strength.

But they would be asking for big trouble if they give the bills a lot of cover 1/cover 0

I don’t think they are built to sit back and play zone and rush 4. We will pick them apart. They will do what they do best. Play physical and blitz a ton. 

• Like (+1) 1