Best feeing in the world was hugging my 8 yr old son!!!!!!

I’m 40 years old and been a Bills fan since I was 9 years old living in Westchester, NY(Yonkers)which is a good 6 hours from Buffalo and 10 minutes from Manhattan. I used to be a season ticket holder for a few years, but didn’t renew after that Cowboys Monday Night loss. I have 2 sons ages 11 and 8 who are diehard into football.  They both play youth tackle and I’ve coached my oldest flag football team the past 2 seasons. I’ve tried my hardest to convert both kids into Bills fans(lol) but was unsuccessful with my oldest who roots for the Giants, but my youngest is a diehard Bills fan. Our emotions ran crazy during this game from frustrated, happy, paranoid to joyful. The best feeling was how we hugged when that hail Mary attempt was knocked down.......wouldn’t trade that for anything!

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 19
  • Thank you (+1) 6

I was hugging my 15 year old (he was not happy about this) but it was just such agood feeling to see that clock run out with us as the victors.

I know many were probably hoping for a blowout but I never saw that happening. I just wanted a win,any how,any way

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

When that last play was snuffed out I jumped up and yelled in delight... my 10 year old daughter and 7 year old followed suit and did likewise...a great moment.

Then... admittedly my emotions immediately got the better of me ... and I held my 41 year old head in my hands and shed a tear despite wanting to remain in control in front of my offspring ...  My poor innocent daughter immediately thought the play had suddenly went the other way and the Bills had lost the game.

I held her tight and told her that no.... the football gods are shining on us again and we have WON a HOME playoff game my darling!

Let's GO!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

I’m 40 years old and been a Bills fan since I was 9 years old living in Westchester, NY(Yonkers)which is a good 6 hours from Buffalo and 10 minutes from Manhattan. I used to be a season ticket holder for a few years, but didn’t renew after that Cowboys Monday Night loss. I have 2 sons ages 11 and 8 who are diehard into football.  They both play youth tackle and I’ve coached my oldest flag football team the past 2 seasons. I’ve tried my hardest to convert both kids into Bills fans(lol) but was unsuccessful with my oldest who roots for the Giants, but my youngest is a diehard Bills fan. Our emotions ran crazy during this game from frustrated, happy, paranoid to joyful. The best feeling was how we hugged when that hail Mary attempt was knocked down.......wouldn’t trade that for anything!

You totally failed your first son 🤣

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Haha (+1) 3

This win is bittersweet for me.   I just lost my dad to cancer last Monday, just before the Pats game.    He like myself have been life long bills fans, him being the one to get me hooked on them.   My earliest memory was Super Bowl 25.  My dad  was hoping to see them win one Super Bowl before he died, and it sucks that this year is probably the best chance at that.    I know he’s looking down from the best seat in the house cheering the Bills on.    Hopefully they win it all for him this year.   

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

This win is bittersweet for me.   I just lost my dad to cancer last Monday, just before the Pats game.    He like myself have been life long bills fans, him being the one to get me hooked on them.   My earliest memory was Super Bowl 25.  My dad  was hoping to see them win one Super Bowl before he died, and it sucks that this year is probably the best chance at that.    I know he’s looking down from the best seat in the house cheering the Bills on.    Hopefully they win it all for him this year.   

Sorry for your loss Taro, but take solace in the hope that your father enjoyed this with you

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Agreed about everything- a victory beer with my 19 year old and a victory milkshake with my 17 year old so was awesome!!  Btw, if it takes you over 6 hours to get to buffalo you need to drive faster -ha!! I make it via rt17 from Redding ct in under 6

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Same here man, my Son is 11 and has really come to love the Bills and football in general this year. I was really conflicted about whether or not to encourage him to be a Bills fan but with coach McD and Josh I feel good about the next decade plus.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

I bought him Bills gear since the day he was born.....can’t win em all I guess lol 

Did you try baptizing him by throwing him through a table? What about butt crack shots? 

Conversion doesn't always come easy for some people

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

I was hugging my 15 year old (he was not happy about this) but it was just such agood feeling to see that clock run out with us as the victors.

I know many were probably hoping for a blowout but I never saw that happening. I just wanted a win,any how,any way

Keep hugging the 15 year old. At some point, maybe 10 years out or so, he will come around.

• Like (+1) 1

This is such a great thread. 

I live in Long Island, and my 8 year old was laughed at when he said “Josh Allen” as the best QB in football 2 years in school. Not anymore. 

What a great feeling! I remember the tailgating and the parties and the food, and the yelling and that awesome feeling of pride mixed with joy. 

Im so excited to have that with my kids. 

He did tell my wife that he doesn’t like that I yell so loud, but whatever. 

• Like (+1) 1