Just gonna say it: Daboll’s worst game since the first half of the season

Alphadawg7

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not sure he was healthy. And it does hurt a bit because the motion does open some stuff up for us. I didn't see him out there unless I missed it?

Didn't know he was hurt.  I'll need to see the snap counts, but I thought I saw him out there a couple times.  I know he's the 5th receiver with Brown and Beas healthy, but he usually gets a few plays a game.  We needed more playmakers today.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t know what Daboll was thinking today.  He went back to the early in the season mindset and making head scratching calls, trying to force the run when it wasn’t there, too conservative at times, and went with too many called QB runs.  

We are a passing team, and when he turned it loose we moved the ball with ease.  

I really hope Daboll goes back to what we have scene all during the second half of the season.  

He needed to pop his a playoff Cherry worse than Josh... by a long shot

Edited by Buffalo Boy

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t know what Daboll was thinking today.  He went back to the early in the season mindset and making head scratching calls, trying to force the run when it wasn’t there, too conservative at times, and went with too many called QB runs.  

I really hope Daboll goes back to what we have scene all during the second half of the season.  

I agree but most importantly,  we still

got the W!!

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

it’s about where you started the drive

mcd wanted to be conservative when starting inside the 15

in 2nd half

1 3rd down  loss force FG

2. TD

3 FG

4 drive to Indy 34 Then  fumble for big loss

11 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

It wasn't a great game for offensive play calling, but it is hard to get upset by a team that puts up 27 against the Colts when their game plan was to keep the offense off the field.  They ran that clock down masterfully.

The Jaguars almost put up 27 on the road, that’s inexcusable to be fighting to stop them on the last drive. Daboll needs  to be better, Allen needs to be better...

My theory is that the WR injuries must be worse than disclosed.  That Davis got so many of the looks, and Beasley looked hobbled, makes me think Daboll looked to the QB draws over passing the ball.  I can't otherwise explain the constant QB draws.

The defense otoh... what a joke.  They will not win many other games playing like this.

11 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'll point out just one thing missing from today's game plan.  McKittrick.  No jet sweeps, screens, quick outs, nothing.  It's like they decided to shelve him after his huge game last week.

What’s up with that? Daboll overthinking?

• Like (+1) 1

We need to give credit to Indy's defense. They're outstanding and stacked with talent. 

With that said, on one drive Daboll called three running plays that were exactly the same - halfback slam over the left side. That was confusing. 

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

not sure this is on Daboll.     both lines played like crap today,  offense and defense.

Irrespective of line play, a number of calls in that game were terrible, and our entire strategy seemed misguided at worst, or at least ineffective at best.

12 minutes ago, Buftex said:

So we hate Dabol again?  Just checking the temperature this week.

You don’t get any breaks in the playoffs he called a ***** game. I’ll even go as far as blaming him for the Moss injury, we were rolling with passes up to then in that drive , so stop overthinking and go with what brought us here.., 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Our running backs are not very good. They are both decent number 2s but neither is a guy I want to depend on when I gotta have a play.

Imagine if we had Taylor (1169 yards),  Hilaare (803 yards),  Dobbins (805 yards), Gibson (795 yards) or Akens (625 yards).   All of those 5 rookies (who didn't have a training camp and little preseason) got more yards than you 2nd year player Singletary (607 yards).   All of those 5 plus Swift(521) got more yards than our rookie Moss(481 yards). .  Wouldn't it be nice to have a running back to help our tailback by carrying  the ball sometimes?

Edited by maryland-bills-fan
  • Like (+1) 3

Colts had a better game plan and executed it. Rivers was never touched. That can't happen again.

Can we please never call the QB sweep again. 

We need to be able to run for 1yard when we need it.

Despite the above we won so on to next week

• Like (+1) 1