WILD CARD Playoff 1/9/21 Bills vs. Colts PreGame Thread

47 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Watching/listening to all the coverage and I think people are sleeping a bit on the Bills defense. They really haven’t been mentioned much as a factor which is surprising since they are completely healthy and playing really well. A lot of talk about the colts defense (the big names) and the two offenses. Just something I noticed. Watch out for Milano today. He could be a huge factor. 

Been thinking the same thing. This defense has the ability to disrupt those quick passes. The DLine has been quietly improving all year and don't sleep on our middle LB either. Everyone knows our secondary and safeties are good and that is where all the focus is, but not much attention has been paid to other parts of the D.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Watching/listening to all the coverage and I think people are sleeping a bit on the Bills defense. They really haven’t been mentioned much as a factor which is surprising since they are completely healthy and playing really well. A lot of talk about the colts defense (the big names) and the two offenses. Just something I noticed. Watch out for Milano today. He could be a huge factor. 

The coverage in general has been pretty annoying. It’s literally been a whole week of “The bills better watch out. This is what the colts are gonna be able to do to expose them” ....

But you are 100% correct that the d hasn’t gotten their due. Down the stretch, they played better defense than the colts(the unit getting all the hype). Here’s a ranking of the top playoff defenses and what was said about them from the athletic....BTW the team ranked one spot BEHIND them was Indy. 

7. Buffalo Bills

Buffalo’s defense finished the season ranked 12th in DVOA, but the Bills were eighth in weighted DVOA, indicating that they were playing their best football down the stretch. Part of that had to do with getting healthier with players like linebacker Matt Milano returning. Up front, the Bills want to be aggressive. They blitzed at the seventh-highest rate. Buffalo didn’t have a single player produce more than five sacks, but that’s misleading. The Bills ranked second in pass rush win rate, behind only the Steelers. In the back end, Buffalo will mix things up, but the Bills lean toward zone coverage and two-deep safety looks. This is a well-coached unit with a ball-hawking secondary that features Tre’Davious White, Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer. The Bills produced turnovers on 15.4 of their opponents’ possessions, which ranked second to only Miami.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Coastie said:

Surprised I got 4 hours but am so stoked. His is my game day accoutrements!

small.jpg

And who says Bills fans are a bunch of drunken table smashers? This has to be the first time I’ve seen the word accoutrements used in a sentence! 

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

My stomach is in knots. Good lord.

Same.  Passed out on the couch watching tv last night from 9-10pm pst.  Went upstairs to bed; tossed and turned til 2am;   ran down to the couch so I could put the last bills pats game on and not wake my wife;  fell asleep around 3;  woke up again at 5:15;  now I’m writing about it.  3 hours sleep is gonna have to do!  GET FIRED UP!!

• Like (+1) 2