trump supporters

8 minutes ago, TBBills said:

How else do you combat terroristic violence?

Trump united Republicans and Democrats together last night against the Trumpster party of extremists.

Your low info VP just said they tear gassed "peaceful" protesters of BLM last summer but wouldn't use such tactics on the evil white cult of MAGA yesterday when they most definitely did.  

Let that sink in, if you're capable.  

The newly elected idiots and their fake calls for unity involved comparing police treatment of the Capitol protesters vs BLM and Antifa in the summer.  

Antifa was allowed to "occupy" 6 city blocks by the way.

Currently searching for all the libs here that called the Chaz morons terrorists...

30 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

but i thought the idea WAS for the rich to subsidize the poor and that any tax deduction ‘CAP’, in any form seems target higher, not lower income.  remove that, and it is certainly a tax cut the benefits the wealthier, certainly NOT the poor. 

I’m clueless why Pelosi tried to sneak this through in the last Covid relief package. It’s puzzling to me. 

The simplest way I can put it is the federal government doesn't have to balance its budget.  If you tax wealthy people high at a state and federal level some may leave that state.  The state doesn't then generate enough revenue to balance their budget and the first thing they'll cut are social programs that help the lower and middle class.  Raising the federal tax rate on the highest income earning and lifting the SALT caps helps both the federal and state government provide the biggest possible social safety net.

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Your low info VP just said they tear gassed "peaceful" protesters of BLM last summer but wouldn't use such tactics on the evil white cult of MAGA yesterday when they most definitely did.  

The newly elected idiots and their fake calls for unity involved comparing police treatment of the Capitol protesters vs BLM and Antifa in the summer.  

Currently searching for all the libs here that called the Chaz morons terrorists...

They didn't use it against peaceful protestors... Those people were a crazied mob with 4 people dieing and pipe bombs found in different locations.

12 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Because it doesn’t really impact the rich with AMT.

“Those former AMT payers in the $200,000 to $500,000 income group got a bigger average tax cut than all households in that income group.  The reason is they already had lost a significant portion of their SALT deduction under prior law because state and local taxes are not deductible under the AMT. For these taxpayers, getting out from under the AMT itself more than offset the effects of the SALT deduction cap.” https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxvox/most-amt-taxpayers-paid-lower-taxes-after-tcja-despite-salt-cap

if that is true the liberal tax approach should be to target AMT restructuring, not remove SALT caps. 

thst article is hard to follow, but it cites a fact that those over 10 million paid more taxes than previously, certainly surprises me. I had alway heard the republican tax cuts favored the top. 

28 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Because it doesn’t really impact the rich with AMT.

“Those former AMT payers in the $200,000 to $500,000 income group got a bigger average tax cut than all households in that income group.  The reason is they already had lost a significant portion of their SALT deduction under prior law because state and local taxes are not deductible under the AMT. For these taxpayers, getting out from under the AMT itself more than offset the effects of the SALT deduction cap.” https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxvox/most-amt-taxpayers-paid-lower-taxes-after-tcja-despite-salt-cap

Gotta love it when a good tax policy thread breaks out in the middle of an anti-Trumper thread.

38 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Unity speeding up..........

Everything is going to be awesome!

This little *****-bag is going to lecture anyone about "missed opportunity" and "playing into the hands of divisiveness"?  :) 

That is rich.  

13 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The simplest way I can put it is the federal government doesn't have to balance its budget.  If you tax wealthy people high at a state and federal level some may leave that state.  The state doesn't then generate enough revenue to balance their budget and the first thing they'll cut are social programs that help the lower and middle class.  Raising the federal tax rate on the highest income earning and lifting the SALT caps helps both the federal and state government provide the biggest possible social safety net.

California ran budget deficits for years but in 2019 had a record surplus.. seems like it’s not hurting them. 

the real problem and let’s be honest here is if if you tax the wealthy at a high state and federal level, they will give their campaign donations to another candidate. Maybe that’s what’s really going on here. 

18 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

You are getting more insane by the week...

18 minutes ago, TBBills said:

They didn't use it against peaceful protestors... Those people were a crazied mob with 4 people dieing and pipe bombs found in different locations.

She said....to you....and me.....the whole countwee......that tear gas wasn't used yesterday.....and a double standard exists bc it was used over the summer when cities were.....I'm sorry those were just bricks.   But anyway..

She is wying.  And you're playing dumb. 

Edited by Big Blitz

2 minutes ago, Buftex said:

This little *****-bag is going to lecture anyone about "missed opportunity" and "playing into the hands of divisiveness"?  :) 

That is rich.  

rubio rich? I was curious 

https://www.thewealthrecord.com/bio-wiki/marco-rubio-net-worth-height-weight-age-girlfriend-wife-kids-2021-2022-2023/

only Half a mil net worth? Clearly he’s bad at politics.

I think Pelosi’s Annual private jet liquor bill, and trumps monthly golf security detail cost more than that. 

32 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

if that is true the liberal tax approach should be to target AMT restructuring, not remove SALT caps. 

thst article is hard to follow, but it cites a fact that those over 10 million paid more taxes than previously, certainly surprises me. I had alway heard the republican tax cuts favored the top. 

If you truly want to tax the wealthy you go after capital gains. The truly elite do not need 9-5 jobs as they live off of their large portfolios of commodities and stocks yet pay at one of the lowest if not the lowest tax brackets for those gains.

That is why Congress put down the proposed Buffet rule that proposed that our current tax system unfairly burdens wages over investment income like a wounded animal before it could gain any traction. Many in Congress fall into this category of having lucrative investment income.

The average corporate shill can work 60 hours a week for the man and sure gross good income, but their gross income is taxed at the highest bracket. If they are super charitable, and/or have business ventures where they can write off "losses" the AMT overrode those write-offs and would still kick in and force them to pay high taxes regardless.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

If you truly want to tax the wealthy you go after capital gains. The truly elite do not need 9-5 jobs as they live off of their large portfolios of commodities and stocks yet pay at one of the lowest if not the lowest tax brackets for those gains.

That is why Congress put down the proposed Buffet rule that proposed that our current tax system unfairly burdens wages over investment income like a wounded animal before it could gain any traction. Many in Congress fall into this category of having lucrative investment income.

The average corporate shill can work 60 hours a week for the man and sure gross good income, but their gross income is taxed at the highest bracket. If they are super charitable, and/or have business ventures where they can write off "losses" the AMT overrode those write-offs and would still kick in and force them to pay high taxes regardless.

im not trying to tax anyone, just puzzling over why the stated intent doesn’t align with the actions. 

I understand the Cap gains point. The counter argument is that policy does encourage money being invested. (Which goes down several other logic traps) 

If Democrats really believe what they are selling they should have the votes they need to tax cap gains however they want. Their rich friends and supporters might not  like it though... let’s see. 

I just paid $75k to have a Trust set up to help me hide my new found wealth (invested heavily in crypto which has now skyrocketed and now has me and my family set for life) I'll pay taxes on only 10% of gains. I damn near felt like I got approached by the Illuminati the way I was taken in by other rich guys and showed the ropes on tax loopholes the random small business person has no idea about.

Trump lawyer asks to withdraw, citing that his services were used to ‘perpetuate a crime'

Jerome M. Marcus- "The client insists upon taking action that the lawyer considers repugnant and with which the lawyer had a fundamental disagreement"

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

im not trying to tax anyone, just puzzling over why the stated intent doesn’t align with the actions. 

I understand the Cap gains point. The counter argument is that policy does encourage money being invested. (Which goes down several other logic traps) 

If Democrats really believe what they are selling they should have the votes they need to tax cap gains however they want. Their rich friends and supporters might not  like it though... let’s see. 

Oh no... the dems in office also have pretty nice portfolios too :)

It is like when a bill comes up for Congress to reduce their salaries... just a chorus of "Nay" clicks.

...and you are right about low penalties encourage investment, but it could probably be a more equitable rate than it is without stifling investment too much. I say this as someone who has worked hard to build up a good portfolio myself, but I was also that guy that would work 60-70 hours a week over corporate transitions only to see close to half my income go to taxes, only to be told I don't pay my fair share.

It sucks. The faster you run on the treadmill, the more they crank up the dial. I guess I have always been fine with paying my fair share, but when someone like Don the Con pays just a little over $700.00 in something like 10 years of taxes it chaps my ass.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, wnyguy said:

Will you all be surprised when you learn that the ones breaking into the Capitol were led by antifa members? 

Wow you are severely brainwashed... Those are your fellow Trumpsters and you are calling them Antifa, how will they take things like that said about them?

Edited by TBBills

9 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Those protests were not peaceful.  People were shot and killed.  Local business was looted and destroyed.  Cars were set on fire and destroyed.   Were there peaceful protests, yes but those are not the ones I am speaking about.

There were people shot and killed and hurt because of extremists on BOTH sides, though.

That's where you're confused.  A lot of the violence was instigated and even enflamed and encouraged by far-right extremists who had an agenda to make all the protests as chaotic and violent as possible.

And no, I'm not forgiving any far left extremists, but the violence and destruction didn't happen solely (sometimes it didn't even happen primarily) because of them.

What happened yesterday was Trump supporters trying to overthrow a free and fair election and doing so violently.  And in the process they were desecrating one of the most sacred and historic buildings in our nation.

This is not an apples to apples comparison, whether you like it or not.

• Like (+1) 2