Jump to content

Colts Fans Seem Pretty Optimistic On Their Board - I think They Are In For A Very Rude Awakening Saturday


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

They seem fine to me.  But yeah, everything points to them having a miserable time on Saturday afternoon.

 

I think we see a lot of frustrated Philip Rivers on Saturday afternoon...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The humorous part is that someone else posted the exact same URL a few days ago stating the opposite... If you cherry pick the posts in that thread, you can tailor any conclusion you want.

I've looked at quite a few forums of opposing teams this season and I have to say the Colts seem like the best bunch I've seen so far.   They don't seem to talk nearly as much smack as other

I feel like at this time of year, we are all homers at heart. Many on here are predicting total blowout wins-- that could happen, but that is probably wishful thinking. Every team is good now (there a

"Colts fans extremely optimistic"

 

*Looks at thread to see the first 10 comments of fans saying we will be blown out lmao* 

 

There is very few that are optimistic about us winning... I am not going to go and count the votes, but guarantee if I did 80 percent of the board thinks the Colts will lose. There are a lot that think we can make this a competitive game, but I don't see too many comments saying we will win this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I feel like at this time of year, we are all homers at heart. Many on here are predicting total blowout wins-- that could happen, but that is probably wishful thinking. Every team is good now (there are no "frauds" that snuck in); I don't think any of these playoff teams are just going to roll over and get totally blown out. 

Except for Washington in the NFC!  They definitely snuck in this year at 7-9.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I feel like at this time of year, we are all homers at heart. Many on here are predicting total blowout wins-- that could happen, but that is probably wishful thinking. Every team is good now (there are no "frauds" that snuck in); I don't think any of these playoff teams are just going to roll over and get totally blown out. 

This game in Buffalo and NOW with 6700 fans I think the BILS will put on a show 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TylerD said:

"Colts fans extremely optimistic"

 

*Looks at thread to see the first 10 comments of fans saying we will be blown out lmao* 

 

There is very few that are optimistic about us winning... I am not going to go and count the votes, but guarantee if I did 80 percent of the board thinks the Colts will lose. There are a lot that think we can make this a competitive game, but I don't see too many comments saying we will win this.

 

Every AFC playoff team deserves to be there (unlike the NFC), and anyone can beat anyone.  However I really wouldn't like this matchup as a Colts fan.  Your D is good...but more specifically your run D, which is elite.  The Colts secondary and cover corners really aren't built to be able to cover guys like Diggs, Beasley, and Brown man to man, which they'll need to so at least sometimes to allow pressure on Allen.  That elite run D isn't going to be of much use against a team like the Bills who aren't much of a running team.  The Colts match up, IMO much better with a team like the Titans or Ravens, where that front 4 can really shine and shut down the run, while the secondary won't be asked to cover such high end talent.  The Colts are a solid team across the board, but if there is a weakness, I think it's the pass defense, and you drew the 3rd most prolific passing attack in the league.  That being said, anything can happen!

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I live just outside Indy.  Having a lot of fun with my Colts friends.  The overall impression I'm getting is they think the Colts will run the ball down our throats, and that their defense can stop Allen and the boys.  As to the former point, I tell them I am a little worried about their run game but that our D has played much better the last half of the year, and that we'll force them to beat us with Rivers, who will gag like he usually does in the playoffs.  As to them saying they can slow down Allen et al, I just laugh.

It sounds crazy, but the bills remind alot of the Patriots in their prime. The way they (the bills) have adjusted in game is crazy. Even last week against Miami, they come out looking rough, throw a pick, and then just explode and demolish the Dolphins. And we've been seeing this for 6 weeks now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Domitian said:

 

Every AFC playoff team deserves to be there (unlike the NFC), and anyone can beat anyone.  However I really wouldn't like this matchup as a Colts fan.  Your D is good...but more specifically your run D, which is elite.  The Colts secondary and cover corners really aren't built to be able to cover guys like Diggs, Beasley, and Brown man to man, which they'll need to so at least sometimes to allow pressure on Allen.  That elite run D isn't going to be of much use against a team like the Bills who aren't much of a running team.  The Colts match up, IMO much better with a team like the Titans or Ravens, where that front 4 can really shine and shut down the run, while the secondary won't be asked to cover such high end talent.  The Colts are a solid team across the board, but if there is a weakness, I think it's the pass defense, and you drew the 3rd most prolific passing attack in the league.  That being said, anything can happen!

Completely agreed..... Colts only chance in this in my opinion is if they can successfully run the ball and sustain drives. If this is a shootout we have zero chance, Rivers isn't even close to Allen.... That is not the game the Colts want to get into because they know they have zero shot, but if we can even run the ball half decent I think we can keep this game close. Time will tell and we will know in the first quarter what to expect. If the Bills shut the Colts run game down and are up 10-0, this game won't even be close because they will rely on Rivers to try and keep us in it and he just isn't that good anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Something to watch...

 

Bills are ranked 2nd in the NFL in both points scored in the 1st half and points allowed in the first half. Bills only allow an average of 9.1 points in the 1st half of games(2nd only to Baltimore's 8.4) and score an average of 16.6(2nd only to Green Bay's 18.7).

 

This usually leads to the Bills going into halftime with big leads. This would be bad for Indy because they would need to start throwing more in the 2nd half to try and keep up and Old Man Rivers just isn't that guy anymore.

Edited by Big Turk
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I feel like at this time of year, we are all homers at heart. Many on here are predicting total blowout wins-- that could happen, but that is probably wishful thinking. Every team is good now (there are no "frauds" that snuck in); I don't think any of these playoff teams are just going to roll over and get totally blown out. 

Maybe not in the AFC.  However, I could make a case against the team from the nations capital.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

For the Colts to win on Sunday they'll need to play better than they did against the Jags.  Surprisingly, for a team faced with a win and in scenario they struggled to the end to beat that team playing for nothing to finish out the season.      

 

Is it really surprising?  The Jaguars only win came against them in their first matchup.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That thread, imv, is a fair representation of an under-dog fan base going into a WC game.

 

Weighted toward the optimistic side but, as many have noted, considerable  pessimism/realism.

 

Re latter, my favorite is this pithy offer:

 

"Buffalo should rest their starters".

 

(Btw, classy entry on pg 5. Well done my friend @Inigo Montoya)

Edited by Dukestreetking
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TylerD said:

If the Bills shut the Colts run game down and are up 10-0, this game won't even be close because they will rely on Rivers to try and keep us in it and he just isn't that good anymore.

If they make that mistake, they're done.

Even down a couple scores they still have to stick to their gameplan to sustain drives and keep Allen off the field.

The biggest weakness on this team is the interior defensive front and they are susceptible to being pushed around. Some early leads have pushed opponents into the trap of trying to level things up quickly instead of staying patient and it's accomplished nothing but playing into the Bills' hands.

It's tough to keep your finger off the panic button in an elimination game but it's probably their only realistic chance.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Colts Board please meet the Dolphins Board.

 

Dolphins Board, Colts Board.

 

Chat amongst yourselves and get the DL.  We area little busy right now.


Donuts, that was on par with a House, Ridgeway comment.  Well played my friend.

 

 

Sharks have a week devoted to him.

 

Stay thirsty my friends.  
 

Quenched Saturday at 4:15pm, wait 1:30 pm when we are destroying them.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Fun fact. Josh Allen's longest completion for this season was 55 yards.  Philip Rivers longest completion for this season was 55 yards.

 

IDK where this perception comes from that he's hucking bombs all over the place. Josh does his best work in the intermediate lengths.

Air yards or YAC?

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Simon said:

If they make that mistake, they're done.

Even down a couple scores they still have to stick to their gameplan to sustain drives and keep Allen off the field.

The biggest weakness on this team is the interior defensive front and they are susceptible to being pushed around. Some early leads have pushed opponents into the trap of trying to level things up quickly instead of staying patient and it's accomplished nothing but playing into the Bills' hands.

It's tough to keep your finger off the panic button in an elimination game but it's probably their only realistic chance.

Well said, I remember the Packers game well and they got up a couple scores and seemed to take their foot off the gas a bit and went conservative... Ended up leading them to one of their only 3 losses on the season. I really don't know what to expect out of this game, my gut tells me the Bills will win by double digits..... but you just never know.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...