Colts Fans Seem Pretty Optimistic On Their Board - I think They Are In For A Very Rude Awakening Saturday

destro32

1 hour ago, TylerD said:

Well said, I remember the Packers game well and they got up a couple scores and seemed to take their foot off the gas a bit and went conservative... Ended up leading them to one of their only 3 losses on the season. I really don't know what to expect out of this game, my gut tells me the Bills will win by double digits..... but you just never know.

Yeah that Packers game is a great example. Despite being down early y'all still ended up finishing with as many rushing attempt as passing. Nobody has had the stones to stick with it against the Bills for about 2 months now and it's been a detriment to them every single time. Partly because it doesn't limit Allen's possessions and partly because the Bills defense is called entirely differently, and is far more effective when playing with a lead.

The one difference you'll probably be able to count on is that we will not be going conservative with a lead. The Bills actually remind me a LOT of the Colts offense with Manning in that even with a commanding lead they would still just keep relentlessly attacking you all over the field. Down and distance were virtually irrelevant, they just kept doing what they did until the scoreboard was out of reach. I love that mindset and I'm guessing the Bills staff will stick with it considering how well it's served them this year.

• Like (+1) 5

4 hours ago, TylerD said:

"Colts fans extremely optimistic"

*Looks at thread to see the first 10 comments of fans saying we will be blown out lmao* 

There is very few that are optimistic about us winning... I am not going to go and count the votes, but guarantee if I did 80 percent of the board thinks the Colts will lose. There are a lot that think we can make this a competitive game, but I don't see too many comments saying we will win this.

And there would be nothing wrong with it if Colts fans did think the Colts will win. Why bother watching if you think you have no chance?

I'm always paranoid about things going wrong for the Bills, so I'm worried regardless of who we play in the playoffs. 80% of me sees us as the superior team, 20% pictures the Colts running it down our throat, us turning it over a couple of times early on, falling behind and chasing it the rest of the game.

I just want to get to kick off!

• Like (+1) 5

Every time I think about a playoff game, my heart is in my stomach. BBFS is going to take a long time to be eliminated from my system. That being said, I have not come into the past two playoff appearances with anywhere near confidence. This year, I have full expectations of at least an AFC final.

Colts have a tough team, they can run the ball, have a solid vet QB and have a decent defense. I can understand their fans feeling like they got a chance. But I think the Bills are and should be favored at home. Hopefully Josh balls out and gets his first playoff win comfortably.

1 hour ago, mushypeaches said:

The next time that Rivers wins a playoff game based on his own superior play will be the first time....

We just don't lose to mediocre QB's this year.  That's what he is at this point

Everything else is academic

KC?

9 hours ago, Success said:

Personally, I think a fair number of Bills fans are taking this game too lightly.

This is a tough opponent. There wasn't really an "easy" draw in the AFC this year, but the Colts are as good as anyone not named KC, imo.

They have almost as complete a team as we do. Their defense is better than ours, as is their running game, and they have a QB who can sling it, even though age is catching up with him.

They DID beat Green Bay, and had other quality wins, including one against the Titans, also.  I think the Bills win, but they will be a tough out.

Coach McDermott, is that you? 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mushypeaches said:

The next time that Rivers wins a playoff game based on his own superior play will be the first time....

We just don't lose to mediocre QB's this year.  That's what he is at this point

Everything else is academic

Sounds like we shouldn't even need to pad up - we already won!   I hope our team is not getting anywhere near as overconfident as some on this board.  The time for beating your chest is best reserved for AFTER a win, not before it.   But to each their own I guess...

2 hours ago, Simon said:

Yeah that Packers game is a great example. Despite being down early y'all still ended up finishing with as many rushing attempt as passing. Nobody has had the stones to stick with it against the Bills for about 2 months now and it's been a detriment to them every single time. Partly because it doesn't limit Allen's possessions and partly because the Bills defense is called entirely differently, and is far more effective when playing with a lead.

The one difference you'll probably be able to count on is that we will not be going conservative with a lead. The Bills actually remind me a LOT of the Colts offense with Manning in that even with a commanding lead they would still just keep relentlessly attacking you all over the field. Down and distance were virtually irrelevant, they just kept doing what they did until the scoreboard was out of reach. I love that mindset and I'm guessing the Bills staff will stick with it considering how well it's served them this year.

Well said, especially in the playoffs. You just can’t lay off a team at all. If you aren’t up at least 28 In the 4th, you have to keep pounding. Colts have pulled off some pretty amazing comebacks. Lucky for the Bills, the Colts worst quarter is the 4th. If this game is a blow out after 3 or Bills are even up 10 or more it’s likely over. Colts for some reason just seem to crap themselves come the fourth quarter this year. 

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

And there would be nothing wrong with it if Colts fans did think the Colts will win. Why bother watching if you think you have no chance?

I'm always paranoid about things going wrong for the Bills, so I'm worried regardless of who we play in the playoffs. 80% of me sees us as the superior team, 20% pictures the Colts running it down our throat, us turning it over a couple of times early on, falling behind and chasing it the rest of the game.

I just want to get to kick off!

I will watch because I have what all Colts fans have. Hope!!! My realistic opinion is the Bills will slaughter us like a pig before the 4th quarter even begins, BUT I have hope we can make it close. Opinion and hope are two different things. I will watch my colts till the day I die with hope. We are under dogs and the entire world is expecting us to get our ass kicked, but there is still the hope and prayer that we can keep this close and maybe even win :)

Thats why we play the game!!

I skimmed the posts on that thread.....

sure...any team can beat any team on any given day.

they don’t seem to have a good grasp of the two Bills loses against Tennessee snd Kansas City...

1 uncertain schedule in the games snd if they were going to play or not

2. injuries to the team at the time. Players pkayed were nowhere near 100%

3 in Tennessee it came down to 3 turnovers that gave them positive drive starts which pretty much made the difference in the game.  Against KC it came down toa few plays on defense  that hold KC to FGs instead of TDs.

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Mini-Bills 24

Colts 14

What about McDermott?  Would he be mini too?  If not then I'm going with mini-Bills 31 Colts 7. 

Or what if McDermott was the only one who showed up to play the entire Colts team?  Then I'd predict McD 17 Colts 14.  

;)

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/5/2021 at 9:34 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

🤣🤣

@Zerovoltz, anything to say in defense of your board?

Just now saw this....I don't post on Chiefs boards...(I do participate in Chiefs related facebook)  ....but I can't disagree with the comment here.  KC people (myself included) are instantly piqued when someone mentions that anyone or anything is better than Mahomes.

Most are you run of the mill fans that would do the same if Matt Cassel was our QB....but if you had to pin me down, I could probably make a formidable case that Mahomes was no.1  .....that isn't to say that folks here couldn't make a formidable case for Allen....just saying, there is a healthy data set to draw from to make the Mahomes case.  

also having spent a few years on this board.....I get a sense that there is some civic pride inoloved and that like KC...the find people of western NY have a chip on their shoulder when people try and dismiss Buffalo as being a podunk town with no redeeming qualities.  KC people (myself included) are very proud of the city and are very defensive about it anytime someone calls it a cow town.  Try telling a person from KC that Texas BBQ is better and see what happens....you'll get a fierce rebuttal and a list of 10 BBQ places in KC that you should go try.

so to sum up....yeah...we are douchebags about it.

Indy reminds me of our team last year where they can pretty much get the job done against the middle and lower tier teams but fall short against the better ones. 

Their defense is one of the better ones in the NFL, but Buffalo has shredded four good defenses over the last four games.   Their offense is a middle of the road one so our defense is more than capable of containing them.

Anything is possible in the playoffs, but the only way that I see Buffalo losing this is if they play uncharacteristically bad on both sides of the ball.

Edited by dgrochester55

I think in a game this big, pregame jitters are to be expected.  For me, that is not an indicator that I think we will lose, just that game time is near.

For way too long in big games we needed a few bounces and a couple of turnovers.  Those were necessary because basically we weren’t the better team.  

Today is different.  Today we don’t need those breaks to win.  Today we just need to play our game - to execute.  We are the better team.  Go Bills!!!!