Colts Fans Seem Pretty Optimistic On Their Board - I think They Are In For A Very Rude Awakening Saturday

destro32

It's a Colts fan board.  They should be optimistic.  Isn't that part of being a fan? They've got a top 5 run defense, star rookie RB who is killing it in the 2nd half, and a veteran QB.  Now, I don't think any of that will matter because this isn't a good matchup for the Colts, but they're a good team and anyone can beat anyone.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I live just outside Indy.  Having a lot of fun with my Colts friends.  The overall impression I'm getting is they think the Colts will run the ball down our throats, and that their defense can stop Allen and the boys.  As to the former point, I tell them I am a little worried about their run game but that our D has played much better the last half of the year, and that we'll force them to beat us with Rivers, who will gag like he usually does in the playoffs.  As to them saying they can slow down Allen et al, I just laugh.

They may slow us down for a few series like the Dolphins did and like Pittsburgh did.  But then it turns into a track meet and once that happens we can pretty much score at will

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I live just outside Indy.  Having a lot of fun with my Colts friends.  The overall impression I'm getting is they think the Colts will run the ball down our throats, and that their defense can stop Allen and the boys.  As to the former point, I tell them I am a little worried about their run game but that our D has played much better the last half of the year, and that we'll force them to beat us with Rivers, who will gag like he usually does in the playoffs.  As to them saying they can slow down Allen et al, I just laugh.

This! 

I have been lurking on their boards the last few days. I think the Bills should win this game 95/100 times but it’s the playoffs and something like this happens every year. 

Best way to counter act their run game IMO is to get a two score lead early. Force Indy to get out of the run and play some catch up. Trying to play ball control against a team whose ethos is ToP will only keep them comfortable doing what they’re doing. Make them drop back and pass more than they want to to play catch up and get Josh in rhythm early. Run the truck plays early. Get the defense guessing and get up by 10-14 in Q2. Force noodle arm Rivers to get the team back in the game. 

5 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'm sure they are saying the same about us too.

the one thing we've struggled the most at is stopping the run, so does give me concern.  Granted better of late, but not great either.

Taylor has only had 3 games over 100 yards on the season.  Granted he went for 250 last week but they only scored 28 and the game was still a 1 score game midway through the 4th.  If they run for 200 again they will probably lose by 3 scores.  When we want to focus on stopping the run we can...did it to Tennessee and Raiders.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'm sure they are saying the same about us too.

the one thing we've struggled the most at is stopping the run, so does give me concern.  Granted better of late, but not great either.

You could counter that with the Colts being bottom 10 in stopping the pass and the Bills being #2 in the league in passing offense.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Taylor has only had 3 games over 100 yards on the season.  Granted he went for 250 last week but they only scored 28 and the game was still a 1 score game midway through the 4th.  If they run for 200 again they will probably lose by 3 scores.  When we want to focus on stopping the run we can...did it to Tennessee and Raiders.

24 minutes ago, Domitian said:

You could counter that with the Colts being bottom 10 in stopping the pass and the Bills being #2 in the league in passing offense.

I hear you, but will still be worried about that until around 4:00 Saturday afternoon.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 1

Most of their fans are being cautiously optimistic. Considering how these teams match up they have a right to be. Particularly if the weather neutralizes our passing game a bit with freezing rain. Allen tends to start games with inconsistent play in that particular type of weather. Now, their fans saying that a full on snow game is an advantage for them may want to go look at that GB v Titans game. Dryish snow and swirling wind will let us stack the box. 

2 hours ago, Success said:

They DID beat Green Bay, and had other quality wins, including one against the Titans, also.  I think the Bills win, but they will be a tough out.

What’s good, gents? What’s good? This is probably the best approach to take and surely McDermott will have the team focused. But YE OLE has this feeling we are going to see 4 more complete drubbings en route to the Lombardi. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

What’s good, gents? What’s good? This is probably the best approach to take and surely McDermott will have the team focused. But YE OLE has this feeling we are going to see 4 more complete drubbings en route to the Lombardi. 

Well, it's hard to dislike that thinking....

38 minutes ago, FastFreddy22 said:

I actually saw alot of them saying how badly they were going to get destroyed it actually has me feeling bad for them... I hope those guys are correct

Yeah, they seem down to earth to me. Most of them are predicting the Bills to win.

• Like (+1) 1