Breakdown of 7 favorite Josh Allen plays and how Daboll schemes built in advantages for the offense...VERY eye opening

Big Turk

This is some next level stuff by Daboll...I am really hoping the next OC we have is capable of doing the same type of stuff and having that dep understanding of things like he seems to have...I will say I would not be shocked if the offense took a slight step back next year...

• Like (+1) 9
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 16

7 minutes ago, Rhode Island Red said:

Great post, thx.  This is why it’s worth wading through all the fluffernutter threads...

curious...GT, what didn’t you like about this one?

I think Daboll is a HC somewhere next year and I think there will be a learning curve for whoever takes his place aa I assume we would hire from within...either Chad Hall or Ken Dorsey.

Also I just wonder if they understand all the little nuances that Daboll seems to that helps plays get open.

Daboll has been working up to this gig for a long time, and really only this year are his various pieces really falling into place.

I’m hoping (against hope) that he takes a deep breath/ pause to appreciate the glory he’s brought upon himself AND HIS BELOVED HOME TOWN SQUAD, and realizes that maybe it’d be smart to stay awhile longer.  Take this train for the ride you helped build it for, PLEASE!?!

• Like (+1) 3

Being a St Francis grad, I always rooted for Daboll to succeed in his hometown. There were moments over the last few years that he spun my head and I wanted to call for his, but this year has been incredible. The offense is just clicking on all cylinders and every time they have the ball, you feel they can score. I haven't felt this way since 1993. 

Daboll has earned a shot, but I'm hoping he stays and sees through finally securing the Super Bowl with the Bills. I am thrilled with Josh's progression and I'm absolutely floored with the improvement on offense.  Such a joy to watch the Bills with the ball. Even 3rd and long and I still feel like we will get a first down 

AMAZING!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

This is some next level stuff by Daboll...I am really hoping the next OC we have is capable of doing the same type of stuff and having that dep understanding of things like he seems to have...I will say I would not be shocked if the offense took a slight step back next year...

love this stuff... wow this offense is well orchestrated. 

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

So friggin' brilliant. Thank you.

I wish the broadcast would show the entire view of the field like it does in the video. It would be a lot less stressful when you could see where the ball is going 

Second thing I want to add- Allen is a bright dude. The fact he can process all of this in game time is awesome and shows his success is going to last for a looooonnngggg time 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Awesome find.

Thanks for posting.

Mike Pettine used to use the phrase “Graduate Level” details there is so much post snap manipulation here with Allen to make these designs come to life.

My favorite Allen throw of the year was the dagger route he threw to Gabe Davis against the 49ers on Monday Night over the head of Warner in between two corners.

Now on the other side of that throw was Lee Smith wide open, a nod to Daboll’s design.

You saw it in the Gabe Davis TD against the Steelers. Daboll created a pile of bodies on the other side of the field with Knox, who sucked in 3-defenders. 

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

What a breakdown. Wow.

1 hour ago, Albanybillsbacker said:

Lots of OCs design brilliant plays, but it comes down to players executing that plan.  Daboll has done a good job, but the reason he is such a hot commodity is because Allen emerged as an elite QB.  

Remember when the OC was always the most hated man in WNY until we got a QB? 

Only by people who don't really understand what they are watching.

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I wish the broadcast would show the entire view of the field like it does in the video. It would be a lot less stressful when you could see where the ball is going 

Second thing I want to add- Allen is a bright dude. The fact he can process all of this in game time is awesome and shows his success is going to last for a looooonnngggg time 

I think his Wonderlic score says as much...Allen now understands what a defense is doing and more importantly how to counter it. 

3 hours ago, Utah John said:

The more I learn about football, the more I realize there's so much I don't know.  This year the Bills' offense has seemed like magic.  I always wondered what the tricks were behind the magic. 

The level of technical detail even for seemingly simple things are often times astounding.

Daboll's concepts are fantastic, but this also accentuates Josh's growth as a QB. He recognizes all of these things now, both pre and post snap and understands what to do in nearly every situation. The game is slowing down for him. The maturation, combined with his work ethic, combined with Josh's commitment to getting better at his craft, combined with the scheming of Daboll, and combined with the weapons he has it has all come together almost perfectly this year. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Rhode Island Red said:

Great post, thx.  This is why it’s worth wading through all the fluffernutter threads...

curious...GT, what didn’t you like about this one?

Crying because we're going to lose him, and odds are, take a step back. Even if the new coordinator is brilliant, it will take time to build. We might even have to deal with comments of, "See! Look! Allen was just a system QB! It was the OC! Allen still sucks!"

We need to win the Super Bowl this year.

• Like (+1) 1