Texans interviewing Bills director of player personnel Malik Boyd for GM

YoloinOhio

With all the potential poaching of our staff and coaches, Beane is gonna have to bring in more equally talented people to keep this operation running smoothly, I for one know he can find that level of people. 

Go Bills!!!

It all starts at the top.   Without McDermott and Beane, we never get Allen or the team we have today.   He’s been aggressive, bold when he removed players that he didn’t believed fit in with the organization at their cost despite a lot of teeth gnashing from some fans.  He’s methodical and has surrounded himself with a lot of talented NFL player personnel people around him, The Bills may have 4-5 GM candidates in the organization.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Not sure why anyone in Buffalo would want to work for the Texans after Gaines’ experience - I get that BOB is gone, but the issues that created BOB still seem well rooted. 

a director of pro player personnel would jump at any GM job without worrying about such things...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I always felt that this was one of Beane's most important and unheralded moves.  Day 1 (or damn close to it) the guy comes in and lines the scouting staff up against the wall.  I think about the performance and track record of some of those prior draft classes and "Yeesh" is all that comes to mind.  Best of luck to Boyd - he's been part of a notably successful effort.