Josh Allen's command in one play

Simon

That strike to Knox early in the 2nd qrtr was my favorite of the game and showcased Allen's massive leap forward in a single play.

Sell the inside handoff hard to hold both LB's, immediately move the safety out of the lane with his eyes and then a quick release 30yrd laser right on Knox's hands. 

It's a great example of the total command of the entire field he's been showing for a couple months now.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/what-an-arm-josh-allen-hits-dawson-knox-with-a-24-yard-strike-bills-at-patriots

• Like (+1) 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I just...don't understand how the ball gets to Knox's hands so quickly.  I keep watching it and it doesn't make physical sense.

Otherworldly arm strength.  That throw on the 3rd Diggs TD was just ridiculous.  Running left, stops, throws a strike across his body to only where Diggs can catch it.  I don't think anyone else in today's NFL can make that throw (yeah, I seddit!).

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

The most amazing part was how well josh thre the ball considering how much stickum he had to coat the ball with for knox to hang on.

Knox seems like last year Josh just starts off way too amped up. Once he settled in he had a good game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Mine was the TD to Diggs on slant. At top of his drop he reads safety shading Davis deep and immediately switches to throw into Diggs route for YAC and TD. Top level QB stuff

This one.  With the shoulder shimmy to go with it.  As soon as I saw that, I knew he saw something and was going to capitalize. 

Josh Allen's development in 1 play is his 3rd TD to Diggs.  Had pressure, running sideways to the far left and rifled it in there.  The best part of that play, before taking that shot he took a 1/4 of a second to hop and rotate his hips to get is feet under him in the right position and then let it fly.  That was the first thing I noticed when they showed the replay.  

• Like (+1) 4

29 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Otherworldly arm strength.  That throw on the 3rd Diggs TD was just ridiculous.  Running left, stops, throws a strike across his body to only where Diggs can catch it.  I don't think anyone else in today's NFL can make that throw (yeah, I seddit!).

I assumed he was just throwing the ball away and lo and behold a TD

I live in LA so up until the last few weeks have not seen much of him

What I see now makes me shake my head in disbelief - he is making throws look routine that are uber-difficult. He looks Rodgers or Mahomes out there

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

That was my favorite. Maybe Rodgers or Mahomes makes it but that was ridiculous. Did he make a bad throw? Josh is insane. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

What struck me about that play was that it was shortly after Knox had egregiously dropped the pass in the end zone. It's a mark of great leadership (and I assume this is on McD, and Daboll, as well) to put this kind of trust in someone who had screwed up as badly as that drop was. The winning culture of this team is remarkable. They hold each other accountable, but they also trust, and support each other to move on from their mistakes. Such a strong team. 

4 minutes ago, Success said:

I wouldn't trade Allen for Mahomes right now.  I'm not sure if that's homer talk, but I feel like Allen has a higher ceiling.  Given the trajectory of his improvement and the skills he has, there just doesn't seem to be a limit.  

No it makes perfect sense the only thing we haven't seen yet is postseason play but I'm not worried. But it makes perfect sense not to trade something that's working great for someone that's working great somewhere else.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BRH said:

This one.  With the shoulder shimmy to go with it.  As soon as I saw that, I knew he saw something and was going to capitalize. 

Did you notice how long he kept his eyes on the post after he gave the safety that little pump? I swear he intentionally moved that safety with his eyes for almost a full second to keep him out of the third he knew he was going to lead Diggs into on the cross. He's not just reading it at this point, he's already progressed to that uncommon level where he's actively manipulating the field.

It's a rare and beautiful treat to watch this incredible (and maybe even unprecedented) progression happening right in front of us every week.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

Did you notice how long he kept his eyes on the post after he gave the safety that little pump? I swear he intentionally moved that safety with his eyes for almost a full second to keep him out of the third he knew he was going to lead Diggs into. He's not just reading it at this point, he's already progressed to that uncommon level where he's actively manipulating the field.

It's a rare and beautiful treat to watch this incredible (and maybe even unprecedented) progression happening right in front of us every week.

It's an incredible ascension.  But he showed a lot of signs last year. He's just a unique player and talent. And his ceiling is equal to Mahomes, and maybe more because he's bigger, faster, and a better runner. Rolling out, Josh is insane now. Mahomes has won it all so we cannot say Josh is his equal, but this year, Josh has been as good. I can't even imagine how good he might be with Kelce, Hill, Sammy, the other WR plus the running game. He needs to play well in playoffs but there's no reason to think he can't or won't. He's been as good as Mahomes this year. 

• Like (+1) 4