Wow...amazing Bills Backers story from Florida that ties back to the Andy Dalton charity donations...awesome read!

Big Turk

This is a super cool story...for those that can't access the link, the short story is this:

A group of Bills fans in Florida who goes out every week to watch the games went out to a different bar this week. They sat down at a group of tables in the corner and the server came over with a round of beers for them from a gentlemen sitting at the bar. He had no team gear on and was dressed normally. A few minutes later another round appeared from the same guy. They went to thank him and he said he is a Bengals fan and the money the Bills Mafia donated to Andy Dalton's charity helped save his little cousin's life and how much he loves the Bills Mafia. They were speechless for a time and then realized how Bills Fans are making an impact in many more ways than just at the football games on gameday.

https://m.facebook.com/562447143787123/photos/a.1034499369915229/3938433329521804/?type=3&source=48&ref=content_filter

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 21
  • Thank you (+1) 4

So very nice to read / see 

People reaching out to help other people they really don’t know, and how that comes back around for them to see the impact it has on others, it is  pretty damn awesome! 

We can certainly use more of this in all our lives.

Go Bills !!!

40 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

At times, it really is a tiny planet.

I am reminded of that every time I go out of town to literally anywhere wearing Bills gear and randomly hear "Go Bills!" shouts coming from all over the place...

• Like (+1) 2

I was at a bar trivia night in Omaha and at the end of the night I was introduced to the guy who started the Go Fund Me.  A kind normal guy doing something special that had far-reaching consequences beyond anything he (or us) could've imagined.

12 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Not trying to be a downer, but I find it odd that the story says "2 years ago when Dalton sent us to the playoffs", but this was posted yesterday.  Could be a fake copypasta. 

Maybe but more likely the guy just typed it up and didn't add up the years correctly.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

Not trying to be a downer, but I find it odd that the story says "2 years ago when Dalton sent us to the playoffs", but this was posted yesterday.  Could be a fake copypasta. 

1)  dont see what the problem with the timing is here.

2) Awesome story.  Bills mafia is gradually going  beyond the image of drunks smashing tables.

• Like (+1) 1