Panthers fire GM Marty Hurney

YoloinOhio

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I get what Joe is saying - it is just a different ownership group and coaching staff than was in place when these guys were there.

I don’t know that any of them have a relationship with Matt Rhule.  I could definitely see interviews, but it is not like if Rivera had still been there with original ownership.  Matt will be looking for someone that aligns with him and although it could be any guy off the Bills staff - I don’t see a higher % chance than other open GM spots.

Joe Schoen wasn't in Carolina was he? Or at least not in any sort of senior role.

On Hurney, I never understood why they re-hired him. But this looks like Rhule is the owner's man and it is going to be Rhule's show now. This is a lot more common these days as Peter King references in his piece about the Bills. You get a Head Coach you believe in and you build a structure around him.

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Joe Schoen wasn't in Carolina was he? Or at least not in any sort of senior role.

On Hurney, I never understood why they re-hired him. But this looks like Rhule is the owner's man and it is going to be Rhule's show now. This is a lot more common these days as Peter King references in his piece about the Bills. You get a Head Coach you believe in and you build a structure around him.

Only as a scout 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Sentimental card Carolina will look at Dan Morgan (not only sentimental but a Up and coming candidate that also brings the sentimental value with his skills).

That gets my vote too.  First name I thought of when I read the title of the thread.