Week 15 Bills @ Broncos Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

29 minutes ago, Mango said:

My biggest gripe about it was that the fans were sticking their heads up players car windows. Guys, have some more respect, the last thing we want is any chance, no matter how small, of any team spread because fans wouldn’t keep their distance. 

TBH, irrespective of covid-19 and disease precautions, I felt that was hella disrespectful of the player's personal space. 

That's one of the things the players repeatedly say about Buffalo, that "Buffalo people are cool", we show them love without interfering with their ability to go out and shop or have dinner or.....drive home after a game.

Cheering, Great!  Waving signs, Great!  Beating on the players cars - that got taken to the point where you could tell some of the people with the players were nervous, Not Chill.

Sticking your head in someone's car window, that's definitely intruding on their personal space.  Just Don't, and say you Didn't.

Come on Bills Mafia, Do Better Next Time.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

My biggest gripe about it was that the fans were sticking their heads up players car windows. Guys, have some more respect, the last thing we want is any chance, no matter how small, of any team spread because fans wouldn’t keep their distance. 

100%. I was there until about midnight and left when the crowd started getting really really big. I'm sure the players didn't like having drunken screaming people right in their faces. At least the players had masks on. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I love the fan videos. They needed that and the players needed that!!.  I don’t think any of it would be considered a 15 minute no mask close contact to where it would be a risk. High fives are not a risk either. If the team is fined I don’t think they will care. Looked like everyone had a mask on and the GM’s wife was on Twitter begging the fans to wear masks when they show up. I agree with those who say that the fans were more at risk than the team with how close they were.

This is the key point for those getting worried about a head in the window for a second.  It really does require prolonged contact (at least 15 minutes) in a closed environment for spread to occur. 

And as you point out YoloinOhio the intangibles of this kind of fan expression are off the charts good for the franchise.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

TBH, irrespective of covid-19 and disease precautions, I felt that was hella disrespectful of the player's personal space. 

That's one of the things the players repeatedly say about Buffalo, that "Buffalo people are cool", we show them love without interfering with their ability to go out and shop or have dinner or.....drive home after a game.

Cheering, Great!  Waving signs, Great!  Beating on the players cars - that got taken to the point where you could tell some of the people with the players were nervous, Not Chill.

Sticking your head in someone's car window, that's definitely intruding on their personal space.  Just Don't, and say you Didn't.

Yea, it was ridiculous and embarrassing to be honest. They really need to stop letting these clowns get that close to the players cars.

10 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Denver passes on Josh Allen at 5

Josh Allen:

Michael Jordan's "And I Took That Personally" | Know Your Meme

I personally doubt Mark Schlereth knows a damned thing about what Josh Allen does or does not take personally.

He certainly doesn't know much about the Buffalo Bills offense or how Allen plays.

A few snafus:

-Immediately called Illegal Contact penalty on Diggs reception "Offensive pass interference" without bringing back up a clip that might show his point, and stuck to it.  But people who've been watching Diggs know he's been breaking ankles like that all season with no contact

-Said of Beasley "talking to him and others, every route he runs is like an option route, he has freedom to do whatever he wants out there".  But Beasley has said "we don't run as many option routes as you guys think" and also that part of what he does is talk to Allen watching film and then "I have to run it the way I tell him I'm going to run it, even if I see something different"

-On Allen touchdown to Knox called it a "designed run for Allen" and "improvising" when we've all seen that rollout to the R and pass to a crossing route in the EZ before, vs. when Denver was on offense he correctly identified a bootleg rollout to the R by Lock

He just didn't seem to have done much, if anything, in the way of pre-production homework on the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

And so glad to have Allen as our QB - loved the guy since he hung his balls over Anthony Barr's head. It's also awesome to have a QB that so many other fans around the league covet.

OUR Field General!!

20201106_184309.jpg

2020 AFC East Champions Fellas!!

Dammit it feels good!!!

Edited by smuvtalker
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am at the point now where I am not rooting for or against anyone. I think we all fear the ravens— but there’s nothing we can do about that now. 

Its not about fearing the ravens.

I just really, REALLY don't fear the dolphins. By far the easiest potential matchup. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Fair points, but Bills Mafia didn't make the players roll down their windows.  But they shouldn't be beating on the cars, that's just disrespectful.  But I doubt the players took offense.

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

This is the key point for those getting worried about a head in the window for a second.  It really does require prolonged contact (at least 15 minutes) in a closed environment for spread to occur. 

And as you point out YoloinOhio the intangibles of this kind of fan expression are off the charts good for the franchise.

This.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I personally doubt Mark Schlereth knows a damned thing about what Josh Allen does or does not take personally.

He certainly doesn't know much about the Buffalo Bills offense or how Allen plays.

There are some things you can tell.  That Josh unsolicitedly mentioned that they passed on him at 5 says it bothered him.

1 hour ago, Process said:

For anyone else hoping the dolphins win and get into the playoffs, this is.. not good

Huh?  Who the hell is hoping the Dols get into the playoffs?

Just now, Doc said:

Fair points, but Bills Mafia didn't make the players roll down their windows.  But they shouldn't be beating on the cars, that's just disrespectful.  But I doubt the players took offense.

This.

There are some things you can tell.  That Josh unsolicitedly mentioned that they passed on him at 5 says it bothered him.

Huh?  Who the hell is hoping the Dols get into the playoffs?

People who want an easy rd 1 matchup. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Process said:

Its not about fearing the ravens.

I just really, REALLY don't fear the dolphins. By far the easiest potential matchup. 

And, unsurprisingly, the reasons you don’t fear them are the reasons they won’t make the playoffs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.